Forums Time World

Arena

8 posts

Flag Post

Hello pm why allways when i wining server is disconenecting me and i loosing points in arena and ap pl playmage fix it becouse this start geting me piss for example you dont give points for both when this happened. I loosing morality about this game :(

Flag Post

This is hard to fix as people as people will just disconnect from the net if they are going to lose. I propose maybe, if player gets disconnected there is no win or loss. The person who did not disconnect does not lose the 1AP they used for the fight while the person who disconnects loses theirs. This way people wont be disconnecting to avoid losses but there will be an implication for those that do. This means no losses for those who disconnect but a loss of 1 AP. Since loss of connection is not a regular thing a 1 AP loss will not have a huge impact for those players that legitimately disconnect. This will however have an impact on players that repeatedly purposely disconnect to avoid losses.

Flag Post
Originally posted by stalliga888:

This is hard to fix as people as people will just disconnect from the net if they are going to lose. I propose maybe, if player gets disconnected there is no win or loss. The person who did not disconnect does not lose the 1AP they used for the fight while the person who disconnects loses theirs. This way people wont be disconnecting to avoid losses but there will be an implication for those that do. This means no losses for those who disconnect but a loss of 1 AP. Since loss of connection is not a regular thing a 1 AP loss will not have a huge impact for those players that legitimately disconnect. This will however have an impact on players that repeatedly purposely disconnect to avoid losses.

dumbest thing ever said

I’m about to lose, I disconnect. I lose 1 ap but no lose on my record? Seriously, think before you post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian2:

dumbest thing ever said

I’m about to lose, I disconnect. I lose 1 ap but no lose on my record? Seriously, think before you post.

Glad to see you have come up with a better solution…..

Flag Post

how about u just dont play the arena? good solution…

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian2:

dumbest thing ever said

Glad to see you have come up with a better solution…..

get a connection that doesn’t suck
seriously, you are asking PM to code something in his game to deal with an issue that is not related to the game but is in fact your own issue. How can I make such a claim? Simple, I haven’t been disconnected.

Flag Post

This is Adelaine from g12. No need to be mean. I pay nearly $80/month USD for 50Mbps internet and I have a 802.11 ac router and adapter (ac is the newest and best in wireless routers). So, in America, I have a very capable connection and one better than any of my neighbors or family (except my brother who lives in South Korea). I experienced the same thing Maximas complained about. It isn’t always a connection problem. I had my friend help test my theory and if your OPPONENT has a bad connection which drops when you enter arena (they enter the que and lose connection)… then YOU get a black screen and if you refresh before the server recognizes them as disconnected, you get a loss… and if they don’t disconnect and are using a POS 1kbps dial-up modem… then you are screwed because until they disconnect, if you refresh to get out of the black screen, you lose. AND… the problem is there is no way to tell if the server counts them as disconnected… and if they have a slow connection, the battle may never start.
This “blackscreen phenomena” as I call it is only one kind of annoying disconnect which annoys high-ranked arena players… one of these can cost a high-ranked player the amount of points that will take about 8 matches to recover… and like I said, this has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CONNECTION… it has to do with your opponent’s connection… and therefore DOES have to do with the coding of the game. The game should determine your connection before you start a match… and if it takes longer than 5-10 seconds for you to load, it should be an automatic “draw” and neither player should lose or win points. This will at least fix the “blackscreen phenomena”.

As far a maksimas’ original complaint, I do not see how there would be a fair way to implement a system to “make fair” a match during which someone disconnects because of the potential for abuse. I suppose the game maker could set the person who disconnects to “auto” rather than kicking them out of the match… that way people who are losing can’t abuse it by leaving because they will still lose… and people who are winning might still have a chance to win if the auto-computer doesn’t screw up too much.

Flag Post

Maybe a certain pause time where they could rejoin? I’m not too familiar with any problems related to the Arena but perhaps that could solve the issue though the initial problem should be addressed more importantly if possible.