Forums Time World

Make new content already.

21 posts

Flag Post

Basically the game is dying. Fast.

New content needs to be made. New content that has no online time required.

The game (and player base) is circling the drain pretty hard, better put a plug in it.

Flag Post

PLEASE YES THANK YOU BYE

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordShoe:

better put a plug in it.

That’s what she said!

But, srsly could we get a preview of what to expect in the foresee future…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neokryton:

better put a plug in it.

That’s what she said!

If anything.

Most I know are quitting.

I’m on the brink as well.
Despite that being good news for most, it is not for the game, when even I would consider quitting.

Flag Post

Yeah, I would have already if I hadn’t dumped 5k into this… Haven’t put any more into the game since a week after expansion, Not seeing the life of this game lasting much longer. But if you can change that around, I’m sure I’d spend more again.

Flag Post

better put a plug in it.

That’s what she said!

If anything.

Despite that being good news for most, it is not for the game, when even I would consider quitting.

I too haz ponder early retirement.

Flag Post

This is Adelaine formely of galaxy 8:

I agree, this game is starting to lose its excitement factor. I know many players are going to extremes of silliness to try to keep the game interesting for themselves… but as an over-used quote puts it “a candle burns brightest before it burns out”. These people who are going to extreme lengths are making a desperate cry for help that PM is ignoring. Abz doing the pillar-swap thing… g25 trolling Alston… G8 trying to hold Rex for a few days (over 500m damage).

I have a suggestion for a change that I think would make this game fun again:

I would LOVE to see the 24 hour protection on pillars get taken away. My largest pet-peeve about this game is I constantly have to quit what I’m doing in real-life to come on for pillars; usually about 3-4 times a day when I was in Galaxy 8. I know many people who get chewed out by their family because it makes their gaming-addiction so much more obvious when they are running away from everyone to get online in time for pillars.

Right now hitting pillars is a chore. A CHORE, not fun, not exciting, just a chore and an annoyance in my life… which is why I left g8 for the second time. I just can’t have my life revolve around pillars. My baby, my schooling, my hubby, and myself are constantly put on hold to get online, match-rank, and hit pillars.

So change the way pillars work. Here are some of my ideas:

1. take away the 24-hour protection from pillars. Lets pretend for a minute that this space-game is real… and you have galaxies fighting over pillars. How does a pillar going into protection for 24 hours make any sense? It is a dumb idea which makes weak galaxies hold pillars for much longer than deserved. So… take away the cooldown for galaxies to obtain pillars… take away the 24-hour protection for pillars… and let galaxies chose whether to take pillars or coupons each time they destroy a pillar.
    This change will make pillar-hitting be on our time, not the game’s time. This would make pillar-wars seem more like wars… It will allow strong galaxies to choose their favorite pillar, hit it, and hold it while preying on the weaker galaxies’ pillars for their coupon gain. People would no longer be forced to hit pillars they don’t want to hit… and if a pillar falls and no one wants it, the game can randomly assign it to a galaxy which doesn’t have a pillar.
  1. Pillar defense needs to be changed. In real life would a stealth-bomber fight another stealth-bomber… would a battleship fight another battleship… would a sniper fight another sniper? NO. The stealth-bomber drops bombs on people who have no way of attacking it… the battleship bombards the coastline who has no chance of attacking it… and the sniper would pick easy targets who can’t find them. So why is pillar-matching based on total power and army size? Why can’t people chose the weak-spot in the defending lines and exploit it with their full force? I say allow people to choose/mark their target before the first attack and then hit the pillar where it is weak.
    You can give online players who are on the defending side the option to “defend their pillar”. which allows them to choose 1 hero to defend with and this hero participates in the pillar-phase. To make it fair and ensure people don’t just stay logged in and infinitely defend their pillar you can make the “defend pillar” option lose ships like they would in pvp… and gain/lose resources based on how many ships they lose/destroy.
    So the above changes would make getting to the pillar easier by exploiting the weak-links in the galaxies defences (PvP phase)… and then it would make the pillar-phase much more difficult because the more players online, the more pillar-defense… and defending would feel more like actual defense because ships would be lost during the pillar-phase.

#3, put in more WoH solo-missions to unlock the rest of the purple-set. The WoH missions were fun… but once completed there is nothing more to do… and one purple piece is an tease… and I hate being teased.

#4, if you plan on upgrading gear-levels… you should give an option to purchase an item which upgrades gear-levels and is on a cooldown (24 hours or more to ensure people don’t buy crappy lvl 5 purples and then upgrade them to level 70 purples… that way high level purples are still rare, but so people who spent a lot of real-life money to be on top don’t get shafted when new gear comes out).

1. FIX THE ARENA!!! How many people participate in 2v2 or 3v3? Nearly none… why? because they wait in the que for hours upon hours before another team comes in. 1v1 is also remarkably diminished in number of players because #1 arena gear sucks (except for the purple gear) compared to the WoH solo-war missions gear released in the previous expansion… so… how long is season 1 supposed to last… an eternity? It is about time for season 2 gear to be released. Allow people to re-arrange their deck instead of it being random to make arena more intelligence-based rather than blind luck. Disable crits and parries in arena OR FIX THE PERCENTAGES because it is so dumb when I have a hero with 15% crit and 10% parry, my opponenet has a hero with 6% crit and 3% parry…. and they parry my heroes multiple times in a row and then crit my heroes multiple times in a row… and my heroes don’t crit or parry. Basically I’m in favor of removing crits and parries to allow arena, as i said before, be skill based and not blind-luck based. Also, put in “Arena Champion” computers and allow people to fight them for points… at least for the 2v2 and 3v3 teams… you can make easy champions for 2 points, medium for 4, hard for 6, and nearly impossible for 10 points… And while you’re at it… you should fix the fact that the person in 1st place wins 2 points for someone with a 1000 ranking, but loses like 20 points if they lose to that person. Make the point-system more fair because it is “bull” that if I’m ranked 1300 that if a “blind luck” loss occurs against someone ranked 1000 that I lose points equivalent to what i’d gain after 10 matches.

So: to summarize my suggestions:
1)no more 24-hour protection
2)revamp the way pillar-defense/attack happens
3)stop teasing us with purple WoH war-mission gear and put in the rest of the missions to cmoplete the set
4)items to upgrade gear if new max-level (like level 70 purple gear) is made so people who spent 550 gold on lvl 50 purples and then another 1000-3000 gold leveling their enhancements can upgrade their gear to the new max-level and not get shafted if new gear is made
5)Fix the arena so more people particpate, so luck is less of the deciding factor in who wins, and so that the gear is on par with the easily-obtained WoH war-mission gear.

Flag Post

Off of Adelaine’s post, this focus on pillars has emerged in certain galaxy individuals more so than others and caused a bit of battery burning that has led some to quit. It’s not necessarily a problem solely localized to the mechanic but rather when the mechanic is combined with individuals. By no means am I suggesting people be cut out if they make a mechanic turn bad (see my defense of abz and pillar hopping as an example), but rather the mechanic itself being changed like Adelaine says.

I suggest a change away from pillar focus though keep them in place, but reduce the incentive to hit and instead implement other galaxy wide things. Maybe galaxy chapters would be cool. Also I really liked Claytonde’s idea of having to face an overwhelming fleet but ship losses on those would be permanent until some reset that occurs for future attempts, maybe have this be part of the galaxy chapter set.

People have closed in on the power roof, so raise it again :) but make it less easily accessible that people throw money and hit the roof again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by waraxe:

Off of Adelaine’s post, this focus on pillars has emerged in certain galaxy individuals more so than others and caused a bit of battery burning that has led some to quit. It’s not necessarily a problem solely localized to the mechanic but rather when the mechanic is combined with individuals. By no means am I suggesting people be cut out if they make a mechanic turn bad (see my defense of abz and pillar hopping as an example), but rather the mechanic itself being changed like Adelaine says.

I suggest a change away from pillar focus though keep them in place, but reduce the incentive to hit and instead implement other galaxy wide things. Maybe galaxy chapters would be cool. Also I really liked Claytonde’s idea of having to face an overwhelming fleet but ship losses on those would be permanent until some reset that occurs for future attempts, maybe have this be part of the galaxy chapter set.

People have closed in on the power roof, so raise it again :) but make it less easily accessible that people throw money and hit the roof again.

Make it not accessible by gold. Problem solved. Then even they will have something to strive towards that wont be theirs as soon as they open the wallets.

Flag Post

There a new expansion being worked on which is currently planned to be released early next month. We post more details about the expansion when they are ready.

Flag Post
Originally posted by waraxe:

Make it not accessible by gold. Problem solved. Then even they will have something to strive towards that wont be theirs as soon as they open the wallets.

Of course. Though I guess I worded that last sentence terribly, I meant to make it less easily accessible so that people couldn’t throw money and hit the roof again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

There a new expansion being worked on which is currently planned to be released early next month. We post more details about the expansion when they are ready.

Well thats good news.
I ask that you please take these suggestions in to consideration. To keep players in to playing the game so they can’t just put a lot of money in it, essentially locking themselves out of the game.

A moneyless-influenced minigame might help? Say perhaps some sort of mini-game tower defense?

Of course new content for the game as a whole to progress the storyline as well as add more to the real game, but also some stuff that keep people wanting to be in galaxies even after they have hit the gold roof.

As of now there is no motivation to be inside of a raiding galaxy if you’ve golded to get to the max. The point of a galaxy is to have buddies to help you kill stuff, mainly pillars. Pillars give you coupons so you can buy stuff, but the golders dont need coupons because they already have everything they need.

yes I know adding anti-gold mechanics will make less of an immediate profit, BUT it will keep longevity. It will keep players interested and in the game. more willing to spend on it for a longer duration of time. Instead of just spending one and done.

Flag Post

Glad to hear it. Could we please have a little feedback of what is in store?

Flag Post

As a thought for new ideas – it would be nice to have new planets where you have to work as a team to get it and to upgrade buildings. Maybe as an added factor to have smaller players be part of the team requirements.

Flag Post

So… Are we gonna get any sneak preview or.. is the expansion simply more Level cap?

Flag Post

better put a plug in it.

That’s what she said!

If anything.

I too haz ponder early retirement.

same here :P but swiching galaxys have helped :P and g25 was fun xD

Flag Post

Its now offically March, wonder when we gonna get any ‘public’ detail on what is on the waits for this " early next month(March)" Expansion.

Flag Post

Its now offically March, wonder when we gonna get any ‘public’ detail on what is on the waits for this “early next month(March)” Expansion.

Year not specified.

Flag Post
Originally posted by boredpoo:

Its now offically March, wonder when we gonna get any ‘public’ detail on what is on the waits for this “early next month(March)” Expansion.

Year not specified.

PM didn’t say “march” (for which this statement would be technically valid), but “next month”. ;)

Flag Post

EFF YOUR TECHNICALITIES. Post was made Feb 8, 2013 8:23am. So, the “next month” after Feb is what?

Flag Post

EFF YOUR TECHNICALITIES. Post was made Feb 8, 2013 8:23am. So, the “next month” after Feb is what?

Answer to this question: Dissapointment.