Forums Time World

How did you get started in TW?

19 posts

Flag Post

Does anyone remember how they found this game and got started playing?

Really curious to hear from those that have been playing since the game came out or those that weren’t following the Dream World referral.

Flag Post

Promo from FB DW to here. At first, I was reluctant. However, as I got tired of Mbox hunting from GoD, figure I gave this a go. Was placed in G22 with a few nice player, namely ShakaZ and Rock_Jacobs. Build a bond/shared ideas, game looked open. As time progress, game at look like how it is now, falling off a cliff. Yet, i’m still here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neokryton:

Promo from FB DW to here. At first, I was reluctant. However, as I got tired of Mbox hunting from GoD, figure I gave this a go. Was placed in G22 with a few nice player, namely ShakaZ and Rock_Jacobs. Build a bond/shared ideas, game looked open. As time progress, game at look like how it is now, falling off a cliff. Yet, i’m still here.

How much $$ have you spent? Is that a factor in why you are still here?

Flag Post

Facebook Dream World promo. Became a Galaxy leader early. Few months ago I tallied my purchases, Its around the 5k mark. Yes the amount of $ I have spent is defiantly a HUGE factor in why I stay. Theres hardly anything ever to do except pvp, pillars, raids. Which have been played to death. Unlike a regular MMO where even at max level theres always alot to explore, Or ever changing pvp guild battles.

Flag Post

A perverTed friend said he was testing it and said it’s from the same maker from Dream World. I checked and at first, didn’t like. Then another friend of mine was playing too, a couple months later, so I joined in. Thanks however to yet another friend for getting me into the game by inviting me to be vice (eventually leader) of his growing empire’s first feeder galaxy.

Edit: $$$ spent = Somewhat around 25$-50$, is definetely not a factor

Flag Post

I should probably mention myself since I’m asking of others.

I’m not sure how I got into the game honestly. I used to play dream world but never got passed level 56 and that was before a lot of the expansions but after the demon gate so I doubt it was due to a referral.

When I started playing TW there were very few galaxies. I ended up starting out in galaxy 6 before g11 was even created. I can only imagine I found the game by some random search, recommended by kong or maybe it was listed on kongs front page originally. Truthfully no clue.

I’ve spent exactly $50 on this game but it wasn’t real money. It was just credits/rebates that were sent to my paypal account. Found money as far as I cared. I also did more than a few offers/surveys/referrals for the rest of the gold I’ve used. None of which is a factor for me staying.

Main reason I keep playing is probably because I want to have emp’s higher than draken’s. I’m really curious how much damage a level 40 emp actually does.

Flag Post

I looked at new games list. It was there the first day it came out. So I clicked it.

Flag Post

mrj17

Flag Post

after a year of DW I had planned to rush through to level4 or whatever to get DW gems & never play another second. Since the expansion favoured the top level players & I was 9-10 below & aware leveling would be endless daily repeditive boss shlogging on the island & I never went back much to my suprise.
(the 3week long login hourly Xmas event was sleep deprivation Hell)
mr.BobMTL untill last week a year g164 & the year before in DW: Dio \m/ @it’ s height & then LOL guild

Flag Post

I saw on new games section of kong (referall id#39) and played a day or two, then forgot aboout it. Luckily i fav’d it and saw on my list a couple months later, and have played daily ever since. :)

Flag Post

I got in from DW, spent just a little here and there.

Flag Post

I decided after a few days of seeing “out of AP…why not try Time World?” in DW, that I’d give it a go. It was almost immediately better than DW, and conveniently gave me the real excuse I needed to give that up.

Got placed in G40 initially, with GotoXY as G-leader (and no g-interaction at all, although I did find he’d randomly reinforced me once). G6 invited me and didn’t look back really. Got to 400 days continuous login. Have spent $10 real cash. But here there’s always something just around the corner I want to reach – top of win rankings, build rankings, etc. And this little Irish guy told me, that if I follow the rainbow to the end, I can have a pot of gold too.

Flag Post

I got my 20 gems. Stayed a bit more because it didn’t take too much time.
I left because the game became unbearably slow after WoH update. I still play DW though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian:
Originally posted by Neokryton:

How much $$ have you spent? Is that a factor in why you are still here?

I thinks around 150$ but it does not factor in why i stay. Im sure once most of the ppl on my current friendlist/galaxy quit. Ill stop logging in. Already mostly AFK on TW, most of my time is on another games.

Flag Post

i was brought to this game by a man named Lokigamer, he called me into his galaxies from mountains far away. i joined from his pleasing voice and my lack of something to do. however Loki has a more interesting history in how he became part of TW.
they say he was born to it, brought into existence by the very fabric of space and time. abandoned by his RL parents and nursed by wolves (Playmage) without Ships or gold he survived on rationed coupons, holding on to his very existance. Yes, born to TW from within, Loki was created, his mother was a pure purple alcon builder, his father a pure Blue human war stated fighter. Now he roams the land collecting sacrifi….er… new players in need for his lunchbo….er… for his galaxies. He will never quit, even if Playmage brought the game out of ‘Beta’ and reset everyone’s account.——not posted with his permission,

his cover story is apparently being just another Dream world convert

Flag Post

It all started with cigarettes when I was 8 years old. Then tried beer at 12 or 13 and smoked a little pot. Then moved on to hard liqour and started using pills in highschool. In college I did a little coke and LSD, then dropped out and fell into an H phase. Then Started on meth to get off the H and mixed in some crack and PCP for shits and giggles. I then moved on to something stronger, TW. I’m not sure how I found it – but I no longer rob qwikie marts for drug money – now it is for TW gold!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

^This.

And I blame Kong for placing this on the top mmo list for the month of December 2011 (or whenever it was that I started).

Flag Post
Originally posted by claytonde:

It all started with cigarettes when I was 8 years old. Then tried beer at 12 or 13 and smoked a little pot. Then moved on to hard liqour and started using pills in highschool. In college I did a little coke and LSD, then dropped out and fell into an H phase. Then Started on meth to get off the H and mixed in some crack and PCP for shits and giggles. I then moved on to something stronger, TW. I’m not sure how I found it – but I no longer rob qwikie marts for drug money – now it is for TW gold!!!!!!!!!!!

REALZ!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Avalokitesvara:

I got my 20 gems. Stayed a bit more because it didn’t take too much time.
I left because the game became unbearably slow after WoH update. I still play DW though.

This