Forums Time World

Help links (locked)

8 posts

Flag Post

I was wondering if we could get our help links (build time reduction links) the same way they do as on armourgames, where they do not have to go to their armourgames profile to access it. It takes time and is annoying. The fact that it is an in game pop-up on armourgames means that it is very easy to implement.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vinghiskhan:

I was wondering if we could get our help links (build time reduction links) the same way they do as on armourgames, where they do not have to go to their armourgames profile to access it. It takes time and is annoying. The fact that it is an in game pop-up on armourgames means that it is very easy to implement.

I would love to see in-game helps, so that I can navigate to someone’s page and then just help them “IN GAME” instead of having to reload the game.

Flag Post

While it’s slightly inconvenient, it’s also tied to original purpose of the help request feature and cannot be changed. In exchange for shortening the task of time for free (and get free visits for helpers), players help the game in by following:

- Players posting to their profile, which may help bring in new players who view their profile into the game, and re-engage previous players back to the game.
- Players pasting the links in chat, and helpers reload the game to increase the play count to make the game to appear more popular.

While it may sound lame, it’s quite vital to the game and is the reason majority of social games add these help request features. Basically, you help us make the game more popular by spamming links and clicking on them, we help you with reduced times and free visits.

The reason Armor Games is given the help link to copy directly is because they do not provide a way for developers to post to profile. They are missing quite few community features compared to Kongregate, which makes it extra hard to keep the players engaged.

Flag Post

The second reason amuses me.

Flag Post

From da boss> increase the play count to make the game to appear more popular.

So, if we gave you stolen credit card numbers to make us appear richer.. this reason, as waraxe said amuses me, but smacks of fraud, or mis-representation….

wonder if Kong cares….

Personally, I would rather, the help be based off of a strenght of your builder.. say, use a 50 build hero (locks him in build for an hour) and he gives 2 hours credit, a 100 build hero 2.2 hour credit, a 500, 3hr credit, etc.. up to a max of 1/5 of the build time remaining.. cant overpower and complete 1 help to finish a 3 hour build…

Along this lines, PLEASE PLEASE, change the help cards, from the definitive time, to a percentage…
I am getting into the 8 day builds, I know others are much higher, soon you get the 7th planet,they start pre-built partially.
a 5min card for an 8 day build is worthless.. 610 5 min cards reduces by almost 1 day.. worthless.. make it a percentage..
instead of 5m, 1h, 2h, 12h, 24h etc.. how about 1%, 2%, 5%, 7%, 10% allowing 75-90% of the build to be able to be reduced by cards.. this will at least give some people some build time still..

To put into better terms for you.. this will be a positive improvement that will have the golders drooling, and buying more stuff from you. plus if can be coupon based, can be eventually earned by non-golders also..

Flag Post

Thank you for the swift reply Playmage. On Armourgames the play count of the games is still going up, because there we still need to reload the page. Is there an option where we could get it both posted to our profile and get an in game link? I am building on 6 planets, and only use time reductions on one planet because I get annoyed with going to my game link.

Flag Post
Originally posted by waraxe:

The second reason amuses me.

It actually amuses us as well, since it’s more of a side effect of #1, which we noticed after the implementation. We actually didn’t expect players started to pasting the links into the chat after publish into the profile for everyone to click on instead waiting for their friends to click them from their profile. This is likely why some other games that had similar features has rather highly skewed play counts, such as Backyard Monsters and Dawn of the Dragons.

On top of that, we also noticed that often players who pasted the help link into chat will get them max fairly fast and they will verbally thank those who helped (because they get email notified). This creates a very positive atmosphere in the game chat.

Originally posted by Vinghiskhan:

Thank you for the swift reply Playmage. On Armourgames the play count of the games is still going up, because there we still need to reload the page. Is there an option where we could get it both posted to our profile and get an in game link? I am building on 6 planets, and only use time reductions on one planet because I get annoyed with going to my game link.

This is something we would consider adding in the future as an improvement (if we can get confirmation from Kong API that the story is published).