What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
Okay, picture me, laughing at people who cant log in one second, then as soon as my internet fails I cant log in either. After refreshing the web browser I was unable to reopen the game. Any help, says I have a DNS lookup that failed.
I’m pretty sure this is due to the attack on GoDaddy’s DNS servers, so see if these steps to change your DNS settings work for you:
(Directions taken from [Google Public DNS](https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using) site.)
* * *
### Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7:
* * *
1. Go the Control Panel.
2. Click **Network and Internet** , then **Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.**
3. Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click **Local Area Connection** , and click **Properties**.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click **Wireless Network Connection** , and click **Properties**.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. Select the **Networking** tab. Under **This connection uses the following items** , select **Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)** or **Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)** and then click **Properties**.
5. Click **Advanced** and select the **DNS** tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
6. Click **OK**.
7. Select **Use the following DNS server addresses**. If there are any IP addresses listed in the **Preferred DNS server** or **Alternate DNS server** , write them down for future reference.
8. Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- For IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and/or 22.214.171.124.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
9. Restart the connection you selected in step 3 (disable and re-enable your internet).
10. Test that your setup is working correctly; see if you can get into the game.
Sorry for the issues some of you were having. There was a major DNS outage that was causing many websites not to resolve properly for some parts of the world, which unfortunately included our servers.