Okay, picture me, laughing at people who cant log in one second, then as soon as my internet fails I cant log in either. After refreshing the web browser I was unable to reopen the game. Any help, says I have a DNS lookup that failed.
I’m pretty sure this is due to the attack on GoDaddy’s DNS servers, so see if these steps to change your DNS settings work for you:
(Directions taken from Google Public DNS site.)
Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7:
- Go the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- For IPv4: 22.214.171.124 and/or 126.96.36.199.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Restart the connection you selected in step 3 (disable and re-enable your internet).
- Test that your setup is working correctly; see if you can get into the game.
Sorry for the issues some of you were having. There was a major DNS outage that was causing many websites not to resolve properly for some parts of the world, which unfortunately included our servers.