Forums Time World

Arena Decks

20 posts

Flag Post

So I’m surprised this hasn’t been started yet(sorta). But post here about what deck works for you, Not really a secret since most people face off against it anyways.

4 P Assassins, 2 P Rogues(Good counter against this deck, 2 or 4 Purple Fighters)

Can finish normal battles in single digit turns.

Flag Post

Well, the only real way to counter a rush deck is too either rush faster, or starve them of cards. A good rush deck would be starve-proof(probably would need at least ~15 cards or so.) A rush deck that is too small is easily beaten by someone who is prepared for it.

Flag Post

Alot of purple guardians is a good counter against rush decks.

Flag Post

U also need shamans to counter warriors

Flag Post
Originally posted by abz329:

U also need shamans to counter warriors

We all know you have plenty of purple shamans =P

Flag Post
Originally posted by afklol:

Alot of purple guardians is a good counter against rush decks.

Super true :) guardian + my army of palads :)

Flag Post

Firstly I wouldn’t suggest starting unless you have at least an all blue deck. Otherwise, you will not get very far
My opinions on the various units:

Paladin – Purple especially is strong, blue is okish. Low cooldown so excellent for dealing with fighter/sin rushes especially with multiple paladins/guardians.

Beserker – Little overrated, has some use as a damage soak, but usually it will be dead before it can do any real damage.

Sniper – completely useless, in fact outclassed in every department by the shaman.

Adept – Long turn timer limits its use in pvp although it can be useful behind a warrior. Shaman is a better choice overall.

Guardian – Like the pally, an anti rush unit with the added advantage of 1 extra armour, but without the heal. Again, multiple pallys/guards are best.

Assassin – Rush unit, very good for offense, although its jump can be a bit annoying when trying to defend. Overall very strong, especially the 5 damage version at purple.

Deadeye – Not a fan personally due to the long turn timer – but a better choice than a hunter for a range unit. Could be useful with a tanky setup.

Priest – Long turn timer and low damage means the priest is poor for pvp. pally a much better choice if you must use a healer.

Warrior – Has its uses, especially at purple. Can be vulnerable to assassins and rogues though, and has a very long timer.

Fighter – Rush unit, and very powerful at purple. Use is more limited as the game goes on and there are more units capable of stopping it.

Hunter – Low hp and only one more damage than the deadeye. Only useful behind a tanky line, and even then will go down with just one skill card. Adding the long turn timer, I don’t think this unit is too great.

Seer – High hp anti rush unit with a low timer. Very useful, even more so at purple.

Knight – Slow. not really useful, even at purple, a warrior is a better choice of tank.

Rogue – Good candidate for the strongest overall unit, rogues are very powerful – even the blue is able to 1 hit most units. One of the only really useful units with a long turn timer. Most of the strongest players have a few rogues mixed into their decks

Jester – quite useful behind a line and at the start, but low hp. Jester is probably only worth using at purple.

Shaman – Useful, but the unreliability of the freeze and low hp means there are probably better choices.

Skill cards:

Precise Sniper: One of the best skill cards. Works especially well with a rush deck.

Hellfire: Not recommended in pvp, an extra turn to wait and not particularly powerful – most units will be dead long before the burn ends, and rush units can usually be one hit with a snipe.

Punch: Useful for dealing with pesky rogues at blue+. Works well in an antirush deck.

Flag Post

Guardians are decent at stopping rushes due to immediate playability whenever, vigilance, 1 armor (not too much but it is something given all rushers are physical).

Flag Post
Originally posted by waraxe:

Guardians are decent at stopping rushes due to immediate playability whenever, vigilance, 1 armor (not too much but it is something given all rushers are physical).

being able to attack someone that has already made it to the front line is a helpful trait.

Flag Post

I agree with all of soxp’s evaluations. (I wanted to disagree, but I can’t)

I use seers and guardians as my anti-rush cards, with fighters/rogues/jesters doing the damage. It works well. I don’t do arena pretty much ever, but the little I have done of it, it was very successful.

Flag Post

So no one is gonna post their deck or ones they have seen??

Flag Post
Originally posted by averycardoza:

So no one is gonna post their deck or ones they have seen??

I’m not sure how relevant this is to those who were into the game long before woh came out.

I have a lot of berserkers and rogues due to the fact they are my heavy war hero’s used for pvp. besides that I have 3 jesters for my tech hero’s and the rest are adepts/shaman/seers due to my first purple builders. My MF hero is an assassin since I wanted her more war than com and I’ve only recently received 2 purple warriors. I also have max snipe/hf( only the default punch ) and I’m working on getting them blue then purple. I’ve met people in this game that could care less about missions/pillars and have insane hero’s but these hero’s couldn’t help with with anything besides woh.

Flag Post

-Get lots of rogues
-Make your deck outta them
-Enter fights
-???
-Profit

PvP is about rushing to win, Summoner is about having fappingtons of cards to endure.

#trueStory

Flag Post

how about all warriors?

Flag Post

You’ll loose before you know it LE0… 4 turn deploy on every card is not really an option in the arena.

Flag Post

How to turn a sniper into a jester? What stat does I have to put to turn him? Thanks for the answer!

Flag Post

tech tech tech

Flag Post

actually sniper are humans? only mu’s are jesters… mu techy

Flag Post

Well with the all warrior deck it is possible, As long as they aren’t on your front lines by the time you can play a card, Basicly every turn you’ll be able to play another warrior. So a great offense vs that would be difficult if you haven’t already broken through. Tho is a huge risk. and after the first time encountering someone, They would deffiantly add in a few more rush cards.

Flag Post

Best decks I’ve seen so far are mainly comprised of rogues, fighters, paladins, seers, jesters, and sometimes shamans (though rarely). If skill cards are used, it’s precise snipers and punch that I see mostly. Hellfire tend to not be good for arena pvp since the turn delay damage still means unit is up and there’s cards more benifitial then that effect. Not so sure with these new cards though. Shove and lazer seems like they will be good, but probably won’t see much of them til people get them to blue and epic.