What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
I would like a new JOB button where I can place some of my trimps at no cost. Hiring and firing works the same as the other JOB buttons with two exceptions: 1. They still breed. 2. Whenever I hire Trainers, Explorers, or Geneticists (Specialists), the workers are taken from it before they’re taken from the workspace pool.
Here are four reasons this might be helpful:
1. Very often, when I want to hire more specialists, I have to take extra time to fire a tiny few of my millions of resource workers to free up the workspaces. Now I can just hire a thousand Interns to last me the rest of the game.
2. In the last few zones while running the WATCH challenge, I fire all my resource workers to give my geneticists a final end-game boost. If I make them all Interns, they will not be auto-assigned at the end of the zone.
3. If you are OCD and like hiring resource workers in whole round numbers, now you have a place to dump all those annoying fractions.
4. Interns can be a new mechanism for adding future content. Such as…
-making you coffee
-shredding your documents
-erasing your chalkboards
-driving you to appointments
Thus increasing your “Player Efficiency.” ;)
Or you click buy 10 and you get a few Gateways/resorts/hotels or even collectors. I can buy 313 Collectors right now and they’re worth 0.54 Gigastation. Really, waiting for them to build isn’t worth it. However they’re usefull if i need a few extra trimps to get more trainers/genetics etc.
When there are no available workers, Geneticistassist just blithely removes workers from the FLM pools.
So, now I have a fifth reason an “Intern” JOB button might be helpful:
5. When there are no available workers, Geneticistassist removes workers from the Intern pool. (Auto-fired geneticists return to Intern pool)
Now, let’s say we ignore the Intern suggestion altogether, and not only _not_ change Geneticistassist’s rude poaching behavior, but actually expand upon it. Let’s say, by making the other two Specialists (Trainer and Explorer) behave in the exact same manner.
Then the dev’s seemingly stop-gap solution would become consistent, logical and fair, thus introducing Trimps to the class system where some workers are clearly better than others and deserve to be first in the bread lines and with their hovels closest to the well.
I’ve been thinking about this, and there is another solution:
Whenever you use buy n above the current available free workers. It will take those workers out of another pool. Say farmers, lumberjacks, miners and scientists. This wont work for buy max, but it does work for buy N. Possible to disable in settings of course.
So if i try to get 10 genetics and i dont have enough, it will auto-fire 10 of my 800B miner and hire those as genetics.
Heuristics could either be, fire a % based on how farmers, lumbers and scientist are spread, so 1 farmer and 9 miners for example as i also got 8B farmers. Or just the job you got the most in, so fire 10 miners.
Here is a new alternate suggestion for Interns:
Whenever you hire/fire...
...they are automatically taken from the Scientist pool.
This makes sense since scientists are super smart, and farmers, lumberjacks and miners are super dumb.
Basically Scientists always have buttlodes of interns to do all their boring and dirty work, so now those interns can be exploited even further, and exploitation of volunteer labor is never bad.