[Dawn of Nations] lolwut axis rockets?

29 posts

Flag Post

why the heck is the sprite for that ripped from red alert 2?

I always thought it was strange and out of place, and then I compared it to red alert 2…..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090620121836/cnc/images/e/ed/V3Rocket_RA2_Game1.jpg

Flag Post

I’ve been wondering for some time now why it’s there.

Flag Post

Yea and the PZ4 is a PZ2

Flag Post

I was thinking the same thing 514009265!

Flag Post

I’m rather wondering why is this game so much ripoff from War of Legends? Missions, map, special terrains, commanders, EVERY ITEM IN CASH SHOP, chests, interface… Only thing that differs those are battles, units and time of course. They are poor here and excell in WoL. And well, in WoL you’ve got 4 units only, but each is good against other, and you need to send 4 commanders on other player in order to fight all of his units effectively. Here? You simply, just like in all games of this type, simply amass enormous quantity of forces (best of few types only anyway, since it’s tank, damage vs ground/air and loadage) and send them away. In WoL, you have f.e. 4k troops. You can assign only 800 to one commander (cause he cannot command more on lower level) and only those fight (if you choose to fight at all). The 3.200 remaining cannot be lost no matter how many people would attack you (excludes seizing your city).

Flag Post

@OP: Holy crap, minor detail found in one game looks like minor detail in another?! RIPOFF!!! Recently I saw Lord of the Rings and they had ELVES!!! With like… POINTY EARS!!! JUST LIKE IN WOW!!! Even the dwarves and orcs ZOMG so much ripoff!!!!!1111oneone

cough Actually, the backstory of the V2 is that once upon a time, DoN did not have similar units on both factions, one side would have units the other lacks. Axis had… no rockets. Now anyone who has ever touched DoN for more than a week knows rockets are superior for land combat tactics, so axis players cried so much the staff decided they would shove in some rocket unit (along with adding similar units to both sides, so now you get all types no matter if you’re allied or axis).

And they decided on a C&C RA2 hommage. Problem, fanbois?

@Widelec5: Sure, it’s the ripoff of that one game you happen know that plays remotely similar. Totally not related to Heroes of Gaia, Evony, Ministry of War, Three Kingdoms Online, Kingory, Travian – heck, I can say that’s not even half of games that play this way.

I have an idea: Since each genre had an original, all you ripoff callers need to search out that original one game for each genre, you are then not allowed to play any other game, watch any other movie or read any other book of the same genre other than that original one, for the rest of your life. Because if you interact with all the other stuff that would be supporting gasp “ripoffs”!

Flag Post

@XCalibre: First of all, as you might have noticed, this ain’t a ‘detail’ as you present it. Truly, I happen to know that one game. And only heard it’s similiar to Evony. I prefer spending my time on something else than sitting here playing dozens of games which will bring me nothing actually. DoN is just a short episode probably. But the thing is, I wish there was something original at least in it. But it’s easier to rip other games ‘cause people are behaving rationally. It’s easier and safer to rip something what’s good than to come up with something new without knowing if it will bring any profits after release. If you prefer boredom of same things being circled around and around, then go ahead. Nobody denies you. But we’re individuals and I’m allowed to have other opinion than you do, also, I’m allowed to present it. If you want to know why I even posted that, look at yourself. I also lost patience simply. Being swarmed by same things allover again may get you bored actually. So for future, don’t overreact so much, it only looks like you’re ‘raging’ ‘cause you don’t agree with others.

Flag Post

And your sarcasm detector needs new batteries as well, along with text comprehension at reading.

The detail I was talking about refers to OP’s post, only what’s after your name is directed at you.

What I mean is, you go play a game, then you see another game that has a similar structure, you assume it’s a ‘ripoff’ of the previous game, that’s an opinion and it’s fine. You’re allowed to have it.

But that goes both ways: It’s my opinion that your opinion is biased and lacks insight – just that I do not require to ride on this “everyone is allowed an opinion” thing to justify myself with. But to continue on this strand would be talking past you and go into an internet argument/trolling you.

So instead I’m just going to go away from this whole “right for opinions” thing back to facts. Firstly, Age of Empires and Warcraft are both strategy games, both have collecting resources (chopping wood, mining gold etc), both have producing and commanding units (cavalry, infantry, archers). Yet, you’d hardly say one rips off another, the units are different and the style is different. the GENRE is the same.

Now lets say DoN and WoL: DoN is WW2, WoL is ancient China. But they build on the same genre: Building a city online, leading armies. But you’ve even managed to list differences by yourself already.

Now lets say Three Kingdoms online (2009) vs War of Legends (2010): Three Kingdoms Online plays similar, in fact to you it might be “the same”. Even the style of TKO is ancient China – just like WoL. You could now say WoL is a TKO ripoff and it would hit the mark even more (and I am fairly sure there will be something else that came before that). What are you going to do then? Sue Jagex? Go into their forums and make another “omg this so ripoff” post?

You know Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers? Lemme tell you something, Haim Saban took the same costumes, the same Megazord and the same effin’ fighting scenes from the Japanese original: Kouryoku Sentai Zyuuranger. When the rangers fought? You were watching Japanese people 90% of the time. And you’ll find myriads of Americans arguing about the justification for that because they grew up with it and have it as positive memory (but they’ll be the same people raging about how some Chinese game has a single element “ripped off” from somewhere).

DotA, LoL, HoN, LOCO – Same rules, you do the same things, literally. Yet – different games and all of them popular and notable (unlike our silly little browser games here).

But you’re right, your mileage can wary about what is ripoff and what isn’t. But I’m here to let you ask yourself: Do you want this to control your life? go into forums explaining how this is a ripoff of that and ragepost over it (oh sorry – it’s always the other guy raging right? Because all your posts must be read with the calmest, coolest voice possible and people who have the different opinion must have their posts read like a crying, wining kid in your head)? Well, you can! I won’t(can’t) stop you – but you could have done something useful instead saving both of us the time. Or in lack of something useful – you know… play a game? ;)

Flag Post

My ‘sarcasm detector’ is all fine, but seems you didn’t consider the fact that not everyone accept sarcasm equally. I just went over it to a regular daily basis, ‘cause in most cases sarcasm is used wrong way, mainly to make fool of others. And that’s just a waste of words ‘cause it provokes people to react like they shouldn’t. Simple manipulation tool.

Now to move on, true, I might have misread this and that in the first place. But now, you’re not posting an opinion about my opinion… no wait, you are. But it’s already called judgementing. You’re presenting facts from games, movies… that’s not very wide aspect of the problem. My opinion lacks insight? You’re implying that’s the first thing I’d call a ‘ripoff’? If you’d like to hit the point, you could come up with f.e. John Slyth Pemberton vs Caleb Bradham. And wonder then, if one wasn’t ripped from other, since history likes to have it’s secrets. My opinion may lack insight in things I’m not interested so much, but it doesn’t mean it’s ignorant in every aspect.
Now, you’re talking about comprehension in reading? As you can read higher, I’ve said I simply lost patience at last. And the thing you respond is to ask myself if it’s controlling my life? Because once for a while I complain about something? That I’ll now jump over forums to scream ‘ripoffs’ everywhere? Also, I never said you’re raging actually. I only said that it LOOKS like you are. That’s also reading with comprehension, isn’t it? If it’s still not clear yet, I knew you’re not, but others could be mislead, that’s why I wanted to… hm, can’t find a matching word, ‘notice’ it? I don’t mind you having an opinions about things, but if you’re judgementing me so easily without knowing my personality/point fully, I prefer correcting you. You’re reaching for facts, fine. That’s a good sign and respectable thing. But the last paragraph isn’t a fact but only a judgement made on me in light of few words I’ve said. In my post to you, I was trying to defend my opinion. But now the topic has changed. The whole ‘ripoff’ thing suddenly became a background for you to assume things about me, proven by this last paragraph. And well, I don’t think that arguing is something that makes you waste time. Well drived conversation may actually make you learn things. And isn’t learning how to argue succesfully useful?

Flag Post

Yeah! Go! Beat that straw-man! He’s got nothing on ya!

And when you’re done, a small reminder that I am talking about whether this game is a ripoff of War of Legends and have not stopped doing so. Not about how every detail and wording of yours needs to be justified, go argue with some other teenager or something about that. I’m not going into your provocation about making this about “rights to your opinion” and all that funky “how I meant it and how you understood it and how you thought I thought you thought this was” twistery any further as not only can you (or anyone above age 12 for the matter) find another place where you can somehow understand the wording as some sort of injustice on your oh-so-poor person and/or words. And as I am fully capable of the same, this can potentially go on forever – oops! “judgmental opinion” etc.

I agree you can learn things out of arguments, but I have my standards with arguments and generally only go through the trouble of raisin-picking detail contests that derail into whatever direction the other guy decides to make it until there’s nothing left on someone who pisses me off enough.

You have (hopefully) learned that not everything similar deserves to be stamped as a ripoff and (possibly) learned that increasing lack of knowledge over a topic likely decreases the validity of an opinion on it regardless of the reason/excuse used. I have learned that Vocaloids doing Carameldansen are kind of getting old by now.

Flag Post

Fine. Keep the last word. Whatever makes you happy.

Flag Post

=Makes a childish post to close and claim the last word=

Happiness Get. Thanks!

Flag Post

actualy hmmm Rocket V2 always used as rockets but sometime as Toxic Rocket. In COD7 Black Ops , in mission Project Nova Dr Steiner say if the Nova Six almost shot by " Rocket V2 " to America………. then Moscow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by More1945:

actualy hmmm Rocket V2 always used as rockets but sometime as Toxic Rocket. In COD7 Black Ops , in mission Project Nova Dr Steiner say if the Nova Six almost shot by " Rocket V2 " to America………. then Moscow.

I admit, Black Ops is fcking epic, but that doesn’t have anything to do with the game. sadly, be awesome is it did

Flag Post

lol hahahaha

Flag Post

Germans have rocket.. but one problem of this is the V2 Rocket truck.. The only rocket artillery arsenal is German nebelwarfers and V1 rocket came from the rocket launching site.. I hope this maker learns more things about WW2 soon..

Flag Post

They did know about ww2, but the nebelwarfers were pretty slow, they had to be towed and then set up. So the devs just threw in V1s on a truck. lol lazy devs

Flag Post

hmmm.. if this game don’t having towing any artillery pieces in battles.. let us think what we need to change for some real WW2 German rocket artillery.. But it really tricky to find.. Oh well, just let V2 rockets on the truck and place satchel charges on it…. Will see if the truck carries rocket will exploded like fireball killing 70 infantries, 20 kids, 10 players, and 1 city. ( just kidding.. i like to see them exploded.. Lawl)

Flag Post

sorry for 2nd post.. something missing in Dawn Of Nation… Why there won’t have AA truck or something??..

Flag Post

AVs + Artillery are ground to air.

Flag Post

hmmm suppose to be have a Quad Machine Gun Truck ( but it for nazi but i didnt research for US )

Flag Post

i got a little pieces for nazi AA on vehicles/tanks ( or was it):

whirdwind flakpanzer : the type of German’s AA tank is part of chassis from panzer IV (or other tank chassis) pieces attached with 4 Quad AA cannons that good against infantries and air.. Medium of amour that won’t do against vehicles and tanks..

……………..And from U.S:

M3 halftruck attached with Quad cannon ( dunno this part of this weapons): it faster than German’s flakpanzer but it have weak of amour.. cheaper than flakpanzer so it can produce 2x than Germans flakpanzer…………. Is that ideas are even worst when added???

Flag Post

No need for AA trucks, AVs and SPGs cancel out the need.

Flag Post

yeah i know but AV and SPG are low to kill an aircraft evenly we need a bombers to take it too or something secret troops like AA guns*

Flag Post

German’s AV are more like Armour troop/supply carrier(Sd.kfz is really usable for carries resources to battlefield,infantries and supports IN real WW2).. how that possible to become attachment AA onto that?, Soviet’s FAI are seem like light scout vehicle..( don’t know if soviets attach with AA or not).. it rarely destroy aircraft to shot down by Armour Vehicles in real concept only 1 MG weaponry (except for U.S M3 Half truck attaching 4 Quad AA)…