Played this game for two months now.
Tips for playing the game
- Don’t spend cubits on repairs, use titanium instead.
- When you see an enemy fleet coming, jump out. I seen some newbies stay behind and blow up in 5 seconds.
- When choosing a ship after the tut, choose the viper(raider for cylons) and fill up some engine slots with gyros.(faster turn rate = easier to stay on an enemy’s six)
- Use the right mouse button at an end of a turn to avoid overturing.
- Avoid high level players in strikes, their guns combined can deal up to 200 damage per second.
- Use mining cannons to mine, they have a damage multiplier and saves you ammo.
Quick guide of those “big” ships you see.
Escorts: The anti strike ship, smaller than a Line ship.
Two guns in front.
One gun on each side. (two on each side if it’s an advance version)
Guns deal 10 to 25 damage at level 1
Guns deal 20 to 50 damage at level 10
Long range guns shoot up 1350 units
Missiles deal 40 to 100 at all levels
Lines: Those gigantic ships with guns that misses your tiny ship all the time
Two guns on front
Two guns on each side (Three on each side if it’s the advance version)
Guns deal 35 to 70 damage at level 1
Guns deal 70 to 140 damage at level 10
Long range guns shoot up to 2000 units
Missiles deal 50 to 150 damage
Missiles: The annoying beep beep sound
Missiles can be shoot down, target missile hot key is Z
It is possible to block missiles with your own ship even though they are targeting a different ship.
Attempting to lead the missiles into an enemy ship would not work, they just fly though.
Make sharp turns to avoid missiles (but not into the missiles), they will run out of fuel soon.
Line missile speed is 80
Escort missile speed is around 100
Strike missile speed is around 120(Different if you are using the ones that deal 55 to 200 damage)