[Backyard Monsters] Base Creation Help - Check First Page For Screenshot Instructions And Please Zoom Out When Taking Screenies!

7557 posts

Flag Post

Base Creation Help

Need some help building your base? Someone to point out a weakness? Post a screenshot and get some constructive criticism!

To Post A Screenshot…

Using Windows XP
1. Press Print Screen on your keyboard.
2. Go to paint or a image editing software, and paste.
3. Please crop only the part of your base/make it smaller, so it’s easier to see the whole base and the defense of it.
4. Save it.
5. Go to Imgur (image uploading website) or the one you use.
6. Get the direct link, put ! at both ends of link and then post it.
7. If you have a yard planner, take a screenshot of the defense if you want to help make it easier to comment.

Using Mac:
1.Go into full screen mode.
2.Then press Command+Shift+3.
3.The screenshot will appear on the desktop.
4.Then you should go to photobucket or some other image hosting site and upload it from there, then paste the link into the forum, following the formatting instructions.
5. Repeat with yard planner if possible.

Why Zoom Out When Taking Screenies?

It’s a lot easier to see the overall defence of the base when you can see it in one screen, instead of say 3 images, or major scrolling required.

I’ll start. This was my base when I was still in newbie protection. If you look at my base now, it is a lot better.

Flag Post

well, actually anyone can destroy ppl bases’s easily,as long u got eye-ra to boom their wall, tankers to distract their towers, pokeyes to triggers the mines, and send out lots of Fangs or DAVE to wipe out the rest. Nothing is perfect.

Flag Post

I think it would be a good idea to switch your house with your town hall because your hall seems kinda out there while the house is relatively guarded.

Flag Post

The front looks fine, but they don’t come from one direction only. finish surrounding the base, switch you house and town hall (TH is the most important.) Later on scatter some walls around the perimeter of your wall to coax eye-ras into blowing up nothing (also helps by not allowing people to drop guys right at your wall). Keep one area open with a bit of a maze and heavy tower coverage, then line the area with mines near the end of the maze. Hopefully the mine fodder that is sent your way can be picked off before they reach it by your towers, and the heavy duty guys can wipe on the mines. Sorry for making that so roundabout and long winded :)

Flag Post

Hey guys here’s my base atm. I’m actually going to reorganize in 21 hours when town hall level 5 finishes but any pointers on the current design would be welcome.

Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ruckus:

The front looks fine, but they don’t come from one direction only. finish surrounding the base, switch you house and town hall (TH is the most important.) Later on scatter some walls around the perimeter of your wall to coax eye-ras into blowing up nothing (also helps by not allowing people to drop guys right at your wall). Keep one area open with a bit of a maze and heavy tower coverage, then line the area with mines near the end of the maze. Hopefully the mine fodder that is sent your way can be picked off before they reach it by your towers, and the heavy duty guys can wipe on the mines. Sorry for making that so roundabout and long winded :)

Originally posted by gr33dyazn:

I think it would be a good idea to switch your house with your town hall because your hall seems kinda out there while the house is relatively guarded.

Thanks. Yeah, I need to surround it, I just don’t have enough walls. Once I get town hall lv 4 ;0. I’ll try switching the town hall and housing.

At jimbo – that looks pretty good! Protected against Eye-ra, booby traps spread out – yeah, good design. The edges of the base might be an easy target though, although there’s nothing important really, except possibly your housings that well, aren’t holding anything expensive (octos are relatively cheap).

Flag Post

I was thinking in changing my Town Hall with 2 Pebble Shiners and 2 Goo Factorys, any ideas?

Flag Post

Kk, now town hall finished upgrading here is my new base design (still have to put in some stuff and upgrade lots). Any comments would be appreciated.Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jimbo123454321:

Kk, now town hall finished upgrading here is my new base design (still have to put in some stuff and upgrade lots). Any comments would be appreciated.Thanks.

My only thought is to move the randomly placed booby traps outside the perimeter (toward the north) and put them close to other buildings and move wall blocks out there.

My reasoning is this:

1) As already stated wall blocks will prevent landing of troops closer to your defenses and will attract the Eye-ras to targets that are not your main defensive barrier.

2) Since the monsters are not directly controllable the looters (like brain and bolt) will head toward the closest silo/harvester building and the tower attackers (octo and ichi) will head for the closest tower. The randomly placed ones will only trigger if they happen to drop monsters right behind it. Where if you put it at the corner of a target building (your harvesters, since all your towers are behind a thick wall) you will be more likely to hit a concentrated group)

The one thing I am not sure of is how efficient the flinger is at getting rid of booby traps, I have not had any luck but that may just be my experience.

Flag Post

Thanks a ton for the advice Shorgun I plan on making all of the above augmentations to my base save the blocks farther away (due to the fact that all of my blocks are being used).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Final10blast:

I was thinking in changing my Town Hall with 2 Pebble Shiners and 2 Goo Factorys, any ideas?

IMO, your front and back is pretty strong, but anyone who wants to stop you attacking for several hours could chuck an eye-ra at the side, then spam finks or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Need some help building your base? Someone to point out a weakness? Post a screenshot and get some constructive criticism!

To post a screenshot (Note, I have Window XP):
1. Press Print Screen on your keyboard.
2. Go to paint or a image editing software, and paste.
3. Save it.
4. Go to Imgur (image uploading website) or the one you use.
5. Get the direct link, put ! at both ends of link and then post it.

I’ll start. Here’s my base currently…any weaknesses or stuff?

To be honest, your base could probably be taken down by an experienced player in one wave with the right placement and the right monsters. There are, however, a couple ways avert this from happening.

However the only thing (other than wall placement) that I feel I know enough about to give others advice on is the overlapping of towers. To do this you have to condense, condense, condense. No tower is very good by itself, especially weaker towers like cannons and snipers. My advice would be to surround your town hall with towers and surround those towers with resource gatherers. Another way to go about it would be to put all your towers in a block and place that block in between your harvesters and your town hall so they cover both. Either way, spreading anything too thin is a bad idea. If you don’t believe me, think of a dam. A thin dam crumbles at the slightest touch but a thick dam with overlapping layers can handle many buffets and excessive pressures with ease.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Hey Guys,

This is my base currently

please comment to tell me how I’m going, and how to improve…

Flag Post

Here is the base layout for RavenSS the top player in the game (if not now then in the past).

Flag Post

any weaknesses?

Flag Post
Originally posted by fireforce8:<br

any weaknesses?

I’m afraid I’m not getting the full picture here. What I do see is nice, if a little too spread out. Please send more of your base next time.

Flag Post

Here is the base layout for RavenSS the top player in the game (if not now then in the past).

Whoa, that’s a pretty awesome design.

Originally posted by fireforce8:

any weaknesses?

Your town hall is nicely protected-ish, in the middle of defences etc. but your storage silos are vulnerable. A eye-ra up there, a few octos to distract your sniper towers attention and a couple of finks could easily take out a storage silo or so. Same with the bottom. Also you should optimize where you place the mines – just check blood on the ground and see if you can see common launch spots. Looks to me as if many players come from the top right, so if that wasn’t a booby trap, place one there.

Flag Post

Oh and can people please zoom out when taking their screenie? Its easier to see that way the whole base.

Flag Post

Whats that building on the top corner of the base? The spherical one?

Flag Post

Monster Academy

Flag Post
Originally posted by peterporty:

Monster Academy

Whoa that must be pretty upgraded.

The layout RavenSS has looks very awesome, bunkers on every side, massive overlapping fields of fire. This is going to affect how I redesign my base. My center looks very like that already but I can’t make enough blocks yet to do the outer wall.

On a semi-related note, can someone post the stats of the un-upgraded pokey and ichi.
I upgraded them because I believed that the increased stats were worth it and not I want to create a thread about monster upgrades so I would like to include the base stats.

All I really need is the “before” stats for the ones that change.

Flag Post

Hey Guys,

This is my base currently

http://i.imgur.com/MUL7w.png

http://i.imgur.com/HAeMj.png

http://i.imgur.com/ndHQA.png

please comment to tell me how I’m going, and how to improve…

Flag Post

lancelight I hope you know that monsters can be spawned from the outside of the white lines so your harvesters are super vulnerable. Also, everything might be a bit too spread out so your towers will be easily distracted and your silos and resources could be taken quite fast.