[CANNONS 2] I saw this game before (locked)

14 posts

Flag Post

It was called gunbound. It is identical.

Flag Post

Identical? That’s like comparing Kim Kardashian to the bottom of my foot.

…And this game does not have the double Ds.

Flag Post

No, Gunbound is a rip-off of Fortress 2 blue

and this game is identical to Fortress 2 blue

Three of the ‘vehicles’, items, maps are exactly the same.

Except they use the gunbound version of hurricane.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hkcream:

No, Gunbound is a rip-off of Fortress 2 blue

and this game is identical to Fortress 2 blue

Three of the ‘vehicles’, items, maps are exactly the same.

Except they use the gunbound version of hurricane.

its the same genre not rip off. do u see me going round to every td game and saying its a rip of bloons tower defence?

Flag Post

Of course not, many TD games put new stuff in their work. For example, Pirate Defense is epicness x2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KeroroGunsou333:

Of course not, many TD games put new stuff in their work. For example, Pirate Defense is epicness x2.

What he means is that it is something called a genre. That means that there is a large or small group of games that are very similar. They have the same basic mechanics, objective, and form of gameplay. They are not the same game. Harry Potter isn’t the same thing as Lord of the Rings just because they are both in the fantasy genre. Star Wars isn’t copying off of Alien vs. Predator just because they are both Sci-Fi.
So please, just get over yourself, you didn’t just unearth the scandal of the century because this game is similar to another game.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The following is copied and pasted directly from this Wikipedia page.

Artillery is the generic name for either early two or three-player (usually turn-based) computer games involving tanks fighting each other in combat or similar derivative games. Artillery games were among the earliest computer games developed; they can be considered an extension of the original uses of computers themselves, which were once used for military-based calculations such as plotting the trajectories of rockets. Artillery games are a type of strategy game, though they have also been described as a “shooting game.”

It is a genre recognized by Wikipedia as a main branch of the Strategy game genre, so yes, there will be other games like it. Shut up please :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by ev123ert:

The following is copied and pasted directly from this Wikipedia page.

Artillery is the generic name for either early two or three-player (usually turn-based) computer games involving tanks fighting each other in combat or similar derivative games. Artillery games were among the earliest computer games developed; they can be considered an extension of the original uses of computers themselves, which were once used for military-based calculations such as plotting the trajectories of rockets. Artillery games are a type of strategy game, though they have also been described as a “shooting game.”

It is a genre recognized by Wikipedia as a main branch of the Strategy game genre, so yes, there will be other games like it. Shut up please :)

Being like another game and being identical are different things. At least FPS games have different guns/balancing.

Flag Post

They aren’t even close to identical. Wake up and smell the roses. You’re the only soul that cares.
Also, different guns – we have that. Does Worms have the same weapons that Cannons 2 does? no.
Different balancing – were you not there when everyone was pissed about Rotator getting nerfed? There’s your different balancing.
So

Flag Post

(wonders how someone could be so ignorant that their entire post is reduced to a “picture link broken/missing” icon and not notice…)

Flag Post

Ah, so it was intentional. Still, that is completely irrelevant and you are acting like a child. I expect that you will read this, being that it only took you 12 hours to repost my last comment.
I just want you to know that I sent a message to Kongregate about your… behavior on the Cannons 2 threads. I noticed that you already have a warning on your profile, so things aren’t looking too good. I also included Bigbosskh in the report, along with what you reduced the suggestions and tanks/characters threads to, and the Neopets thread. Hopefully, things will change soon. I expect that you will repost this.