[Heroes of Gaia] bad game with tons of potential

51 posts

Flag Post

I’m sorry, but you are all nuts. This is just a bad game.

It definitely has a lot of potential, but in some areas it is so minimalistic that you could just as well play ‘Pong’ or ‘Space Invaders’.

So you want your hero to move to a certain position on the map? Sorry, dude, you can’t, you have to send him to spy some nearby castle and then stop him when he passes the point where you really wanted to go. And from there he can only go back home, sorry, he cannot change direction.
If an enemy should happen to pass by, well THEN your hero can attack, but that’s about it.

Oh, and in a battle your troops also can only attack or move backward, you cannot tell them to go to a certain point on the battlefield and wait there.

Also, even though the battles are the central element of the game, they all take place on the same battleground, which is basically an empty hall with no objects. You could just as well have no battlescreen at all – just compare the numbers and announce the winner.

This is just ridiculous, even for a flash game.

This game is not complete, and you people play it anyways – that is just insane.

BTW I am/was Chivan on Hydra. As of now, I am inactive. I am only telling you this so you can see that I am not some 50k-fame-dumbass – I am a played-for-months-and-has-3m-fame-dumbass.

Flag Post

nope.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kakashi870:

nope.

Trolls used to live under bridges, now they live in their parents’ basements. Byebye, little troll.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BartJ385:
Originally posted by kakashi870:

nope.

Trolls used to live under bridges, now they live in their parents’ basements. Byebye, little troll.

You seem… Upset.

Flag Post

Bart-Bart-Bart…ok, we get it. All of your posts have made perfectly clear to us. HOG is a poorly designed game with tons of flaws and bugs. There is absolutely no help what-so-ever that this game will ever be close to being playable.

And with that being said, I guess we can no longer expect to hear from you again. And that this is your last and final post. Because as bad as this game is, why would you even remotely consider sticking around to keep playing it? And with your parting words, I bid you adieu. Farewell Bart. May you find the game of your dreams. One that meets all of your expectations. Speaking for myself, I’m glad you are gone and that we shall no longer be hearing from your constant and continuous crying concerning HOG, the game that causes you to lose countless sleep at nights.

I hope you are finally and truly gone. I really do. But….I doubt it. You’ll be back with more of your asinine ramblings. Continuing to bitch about a game, that you yourself keep playing. Please….by all creatures great and small, prove me wrong and never return.

Flag Post

Sigh

Flag Post

Awww, don’t you worry. I am done with HoG the game … not with HoG the forum :D

And as I said before, in contrast to the trolls, I actually like this game. It would be great if it were finally completed. So who knows, maybe Snail will change the things that I mentioned sometime. I mean, forging and grafting were pretty big and unexpected changes, too, so there is always hope.

Forging increased the set of numbers that the game has to store for each player a lot. If Snail were able to do that, they should easily be able to assign each hero coordinates, which would allow them to go anywhere they want, and to move on to any other coordinates.

Adding a few different battlegrounds would also be no problem. We are talking about things Snail just don’t do, not about things they can’t do.

Every castle can produce 10 different units. Half of them will never be used. But that is ok, it isn’t much different in other games of this kind. But when it comes to battles, only T10s are used – which are all melee. In other games you will always have mixed armies, because it is more challenging and more demanding. Snail could make it so that no unit can fill more than half the hero’s TV, so you would have 4m AAs and 4m priests, for example.

Just throwing around some ideas. Feel free to comment on them or to troll, that’s what a forum is for.

Flag Post

Awww, don’t you worry. I am done with HoG the game … not with HoG the forum :D

So if I understand you correctly, you’re done playing HOG, but will continue to critique and criticize a game that you yourself no longer play? You must live a very dull life taking it upon yourself to champion and launch a crusade against the failings and short comings of a game that you don’t even play. And you point fingers at Irish and call him a troll. Pot.Kettle.Black.

This game is not complete, and you people play it anyways – that is just insane.

Now, out of all the asinine things that have come out of your mouth, this offends me the most. Who the F are you to, once again, point fingers and label others as insane for playing a game you obviously do not like. Your dumb ass stuck around HOG to start not one, not two, but three accounts AND….stick around for even more months after that and and gathered 3 million more in fame with your latest and greatest Hydra account. But like you said, we’re the crazy ones that stick around to play, right?

And Chivan from Hydra, figures. I already spoke to some of your buddies that know you from there. Weak heroes, weak castles, weak gear, weak everything were their words. It’s no wonder why you don’t like this game. You suck at it. And because you can’t play this game, you expect everyone else not to play, and criticize those that do play. Now that’s weak.

Flag Post

So flattering, a post that is only about me and not even a little bit about HoG … but this thread is about the shortcomings of HoG, so I am afraid I have to insist that you start a ‘I love Bart’ thread and post there from now on.

And by the way, I know that if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth, but would you consider to stop telling everyone that I do not like HoG? Thank you!

So, do you have anything constructive to say, Mr Negative?

Oh, and: who is “Irish”? Are you “Irish”? Is kakashi “Irish”?

Flag Post

the shortcomings of HoG

HoG has two problems, the first and most important are whiny little bitches like bart here, and the second is the company that develops HoG – i.e snailgame.

/thread.

Flag Post

yawn

Flag Post

Kakashi is Irish ;P

Flag Post

He means IrishElf of Aegis, one of the oldest active players/trolls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BartJ385:

but in some areas it is so minimalistic that you could just as well play Pong or Space Invaders

What have you got against Pong?

Flag Post

And by the way, I know that if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth, but would you consider to stop telling everyone that I do not like HoG? Thank you!

I don’t have to lie Bart. Just quote the dribble you preach. Seeing how you suffer from both short and long term memory loss, here, let me quote to you the very first words of this thread that you started.

I’m sorry, but you are all nuts. This is just a bad game.

Yep, I’m a liar.

Flag Post

Hahaha, you are just the dumbest person ;)

How is “this game is bad” the same as “I don’t like this game” ?
Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

And where is the quote of my words where I said that I like this game because even though it is bad, it could be great with just a little tweaking?

I pity you.

Flag Post

Bart… you post all this and you “pity”???
You need to increase your medication or more maybe change psychiatrist. You are way to nervous about a game & ppl that spend time in it (noticed i said “spend time” and not “play it”).

Flag Post

You are right, of course. Why would I respond to the trolls? If I can tell that they are trolls, so can everyone else. I’ll just ignore them from now on.

So if you have something to say about HoG – that it needs to stay the way it is or that it needs to be changed – then please post here.

But despite what makuk said, I still pity those trolls.

Flag Post

bart i am growing more and more so tired of your posts and threads i can tell you how everyone of your threads has went

first. you start out with either a great or ridiculous idea
second. someone insults you
third. you and the person that insults you first get into an arguement and you insult the hell out of them while acting as though you have done nothing wrong
fourth. you start a new thread

want to know how the ones i started went

first. i opened it and posted my idea
second. i leave it

now lets discuss what both of our methods have accomplished. nothing.

Flag Post

@ thewaterduck – you are right. And I just said the same in the post above yours.

Flag Post

we get HoG is a bad game but it still doesn’t stop us from playing, and no matter what you say isn’t going to change anything people are still going play no matter what. so shut the fuck up and stop being a troll.

Flag Post

hoyl is right, too … I just don’t know what to do.
Obviously I should write all my rantings into one big mail and send it to Snail. But we all know that they don’t answer any mails, so my guess is that they don’t read them either.
This is a messed up situation.
I guess I’ll just give up. Let those who don’t care play a game that’s not complete, and I’ll just have to accept that this game will never be as good as it could easily be.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator