[DDTank] Plagiarism?

30 posts

Flag Post

Anyone else notice that the creators of this game are Plagiarising Capcom by using their Viewtiful Joe franchise in the game? (I’m talking about the GM suits in the ‘Apply to be a game moderator’ sticky)

If you do not know what Viewtiful Joe is, then you can read about it on this wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewtiful_Joe

Does anyone know of any other plagiarism this game has of other characters?

Flag Post

what about that deer thing from one piece?

Flag Post

Think it’s called chopper or something. Google search says it’s a japanese anime character :/

Flag Post

Tony tony chopper.

Yes, it’s exactly the same >___>

Flag Post

Music too.
I heard one music of ragnarok.
Ragnarok Online OST – Tread On The Ground
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnccYItJsCM
And another music from another MMORPG I think but not sure.

Flag Post

And now, it’s Morroc Theme from Ragnarok Online.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4b7XJPjNWI

Woot, I love Ragnarok.

Flag Post

hey !you guys, maybe there are many agency create the game , but i think we are different from others and sure no plagiarism^^

Flag Post

No, it’s completely plagarising multiple other games/movies. Don’t even pretend that it’s not.

Hell, even stole “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid (giant ice level).

Flag Post

In the ant adventure, it stole 2 of the songs from Kingdom Hearts. I reported THAT particular offense to Square Enix yesterday, and they told me they are looking into it, which means that a good portion of the content of this game has most likely been used without the creator’s consent.

Flag Post

maplestory tombstone?

Flag Post

glyphs and archivement (vanity) from wow ?

Flag Post

I like this game, but having seen almost all of the actual content has been glued together from sources in other games, I don’t think spending my real money on the game content that is making money off the back of copyright fraud is in line with my morals. I am also upset that a moderator/possible owner of this game has lied about the content not being plagiarised which makes me wonder what else they would lie about to make me part with my cash.

I have designed games in the past and absolutely hate Plagiarism, you do not own the right to use any image on the web that was someone else’s hard work and then sell game content off the back of it without paying a dime. Not only is it morally unjust but illegal in most countries.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bellaswift:

hey !you guys, maybe there are many agency create the game , but i think we are different from others and sure no plagiarism^^

Different from others in that you have to continually pay just to keep items you’ve already purchased!
LAME
LAME
LAME
LAME
LAME!!!

Flag Post

I can name 10 games you’ve ripped off…

Megaman
Worms
World of Warcraft
Elder Scrolls
Final Fantasy
Metal Slug
Mechwarrior
River City Randsom
Double Dragon
Castlevania

Flag Post

I just saw that hidden leaf symbol (from naruto) on one of the stages floors.

Flag Post
Originally posted by musicmind2004:

I can name 10 games you’ve ripped off…

Megaman
Worms
World of Warcraft
Elder Scrolls
Final Fantasy
Metal Slug
Mechwarrior
River City Randsom
Double Dragon
Castlevania

Not to mention Maplestory (Evil Tribe) and The Little Mermaid (giant ice level)

Flag Post

Ah that Ice Level always gave me vibes like I saw it before. Same with the dolphin one with the rainbow though I’m not sure where that’s actually from.

On the Warzone map (only appears in high league matches) it has a battle theme from Kingdom Hearts.

Flag Post

yah. maybe there are somethings are the same, but we have our character^^

Flag Post

guys… please read about the copyright laws before criticising a game so harshly…
People are allowed to use some symbols, icons and other sorts of images or sounds as tributes to other peoples work.
Thats not against any law.
So, viewtiful joe thing and naruto leaf symbol are totally fine.
Tonny-tonny Chopper may be pushing things a bit (since its a buyable item), but i think it still fits the tribute category.

Many game’s songs are taken from free sources on the web. Flash game developers love those sources!
And some big softhouses also use some tracks from those sources on their games.
Im not saying none of the songs were copyed without consent. Im just saying that just because you heard a song in another game, it doesnt mean it was a copyrighted song!

Flag Post

^If these “tributes” and “nartuo symbols” are used to generate money and none of it is given to the original copyrighted powered then that is copyright infringement. I’m pretty positive DDTank used someone else’s original expression of an idea to make money and didn’t even give the original copyright owners anything.

On another note, developers can use this “tributes” and “symbols” freely if they don’t make any money from them.

Flag Post

The only copyrighted thing they’re directly generating money from is the Chopper outfit.

Flag Post

Chopper is the most obvious one by far.

It should be noted, though, that Boomz 3.0 includes a bunch of Naruto characters as well (based on the preview).

Flag Post

What’s really irritating is the games that make money off the little people. Chronicles of Blood is a new top game that features an awful lot of fan artwork… I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s stolen. That type of game doesn’t have a game without the artwork.

While it’s free to play, it’s still got stuff you can drop Kong kreds on, and thus you ARE giving them money. SO it’s freemium.

Flag Post

Not sure if outfits count in plagiarism, but there’s the Iori (King of Fighters – Iori Yagami), Sorcery (Dragon Ball Z – Majin Buu), and Halloween. Not sure about Halloween, but it reminds me too much of Squall Leonheart’s clothes from the Final Fantasy series.

Flag Post

Also if im correct they ripped off music from maplestory