[Doom Forge] game is too expensive

7 posts

Flag Post

I’m not saying this because I think anyone will care, but I suspect this won’t fly on Kongregate. I like these kinds of games and want to spend some money on it, but $1 for five healing scrolls? $1.5 for every new gold item? $2 for just 8 hours of levelling bonus? Most games like this have a monthly VIP that costs 2-$10.

Flag Post

honestly the problem I have is not so much the gold costs are too high, it’s that the silver cost vs Income are very skewed basically making it so that if you want to be the least be competitive you have to buy gold/gold items so you can save all your silver for repairs and upgrades

I understand items bought with gold being better than the basic silver items, but right now the only real income is level up bonus and that get’s burned through in 1 maybe 2 purchases let alone doing any sort of equipment upgrading

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s kind of sneaky to make the regular currency a second form of premium by limiting it so aggressively. I guess I’m just disappointed, because this game looks like a lot of fun, but to be even somewhat competitive you’d probably have to spend more then when you buy, I dunno, God of War 3. Which is silly. Heck, even WoW would be cheaper than this, monthly subscription and all.

Flag Post

You dont have to pay anything to play this game. Also there are ways to get Gold by simply playing.

Flag Post

Man, you are charging double of your price in fb… 20kreds = 2usd = 10 gold… That’s sick.

Flag Post

don’t pay for it and it’s not your problem

Flag Post

Yeah, you don’t have to pay . . .