[Doom Forge] The Sins of the Gathering

6 posts

Flag Post

1) drop rate of the boar is so low, it defeats the purpose to even participating. energy be better use in the arena.

2) drop rate of coal is so low, even on the highest level. you get many stacks of rubbish ores which you can’t use or throw or sell in bulk. since you can gather without energy, it would make sense to do this now and then. also crafting item to sell can also be an incentives. you should be allowed to choose the ores you want to find by ignoring the others.

3) upgrade item should require certain ore and thus, reduce amount of silver needed if you have the required ore. certain upgrade ore can find be found randomly through gathering.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

not sure about 1, never seen the point of going after boars since, at least at the moment, armor crafting options are so limited there’s no point in trying

2 is a definite, I would say coal could use at least a 10% bump in it’s drop chance, even more so since it’s such a key component, used in almost every smithing type crafting recipe, and making ore sellable would be very nice way to deal with the massive surplus you tend to get while hunting for coal

3 not sure about this one, if the option to upgrade with just silver would still be there it would be nice, but I don’t want to have to be farming gathering quests hoping for that one item to drop so I can upgrade my sword

another I would like to see is just more sense in recipies, I mean why does a bronze shortsword, that is a lvl 5 weapon, require a gem that can’t even be obtained until you can get into the lvl 10 section of the mine, making it so when you are able to finally craft it there is no point since you can easily buy better weapons,

all in all the crafting part of quests feels rather pointless, maybe if the crafted gear was all 100% success to get the green quality version with a low chance of even higher quality it would be more worth it, but as it is the returns are very much not worth the time investment

Flag Post

Coal will be available as a part of gifting system, which is development now.

Flag Post

how would a gifting system work on kongregate ?
I simple can’t see it functioning well

Flag Post

“1) drop rate of the boar is so low, it defeats the purpose to even participating. energy be better use in the arena.

2) drop rate of coal is so low, even on the highest level. you get many stacks of rubbish ores which you can’t use or throw or sell in bulk. since you can gather without energy, it would make sense to do this now and then. also crafting item to sell can also be an incentives. you should be allowed to choose the ores you want to find by ignoring the others."

Amen to that! I am not really good at math, but when I hunt 8-10 lvl 1 boars and have 50/50 chance for drops and still come away with nothing, THEN YOUR MATH IS NOT WORKING AT ALL!