[Doom Forge] We have removed energy from the game completely.

33 posts

Flag Post

We have removed energy from the game completely. Yes, we might see less revenue, but hey, if you love the game, why should not you play as long as you like?
Give us 5 stars if you like this change and want to keep the game going.

Flag Post

Now please fix that rating problem. Not possible to win 4 rating and lose like 30 ¬¬

Dunno which math you used there, bu im pretty sure its bugged… Why cant we lose just the rating we were supposed to win?

Flag Post

Thanks, Xenao.

Flag Post

What happens to all the points we put into energy? Do we get compensated?

Thanks though for removing the energy. :)

Flag Post

the points that you put to energy have converted to free stat points

Flag Post

after removing energy (i regard it as positive change for DUELLING, although skirmish now seems completely abandoned by all players), gathering and crafting – as a source of additional silver income- got a heavy blow- you cant now use “condensed”, accumulated time to finish it quickly, therefore, unless you start it manually over and over and over again each 10 min, you get nothing… and with very low % for coal, it becomes useless or pain in the as*, at least, at lvl 14.

Flag Post

Gathering and crafting will completely reworked. We will add jobs and trading when they game hits rating 4 or higher.
Skirmish will become the major source for gaining the rating.

Flag Post

Now please fix that rating problem. Not possible to win 4 rating and lose like 30 ¬¬

Dunno which math you used there, bu im pretty sure its bugged… Why cant we lose just the rating we were supposed to win?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

You should not.
It is not a bug. Rating you win or loose is calculated based your current rating your opponent’s rating. The maximun rating you can loose or win is 32. If you loose to an opponent whose rating is much lower than yours, then you loose a lot of rating, but if you win him you will gain a bit of rating. And opposite, if you win someone who has much higher rating than yours, you will gain more then 16 rating. This is a standard rating system borrowed from Chess, called ELO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_rating_system

Flag Post

So when you dont know how to explain things in your game you just remove the posts? GREAT IDEA!!! Lets erase all the posts then ¬¬

Flag Post

We, I have just explained to you. The decision to remove post is made by Kongregate’s moderators, not by us, but I completely support their decision.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XenaoGames:

You should not.
It is not a bug. Rating you win or loose is calculated based your current rating your opponent’s rating. The maximun rating you can loose or win is 32. If you loose to an opponent whose rating is much lower than yours, then you loose a lot of rating, but if you win him you will gain a bit of rating. And opposite, if you win someone who has much higher rating than yours, you will gain more then 16 rating. This is a standard rating system borrowed from Chess, called ELO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_rating_system

but i do think you should changed a little for the math cause:-
1-for chess we had at atleast 9 round(international game) game per tournament but for doom forge is calculate only for 1 game..so if dont really accurately..
2-the average for the chess player rating is like 2200-2300 for..while us low lvl is like 400-500,and however this highest is like 30k..there’s too much gap..is you want to do it like chess you have to do it properly..

suggestion:-
1-like make every one start at 1500 rating..thats what we get when playing chess online..so the highest will only be like 2.6k-2.7k will the lowest maybe 1300…or 1000 if then game have many players…
3-if online chess you’d get 9 atmost i think same for losses too..while in real tournament you can get like what you said 32 atmost cause they play atleast 9 game per tournament..but no,you cant get more then 10 nor lose more then 10 when only playing 1 game..so yeah you really should fixed this…

if you want to implement it like chess..
1-take 1 one zero out off every one..so that num 1 rating have only 2.9k not 29k..but thats already too much..even the world greatest chess player have it at 2.8k++ no one has ever reach 2.9k rating..
2-then all who have lower then 1.5k you make 1.5k..
3-well..thats all for more..cause i dont think you will change it

I KNOW OF THIS CAUSE I"M A CHESS PLAYER TOOAND I HAVE THOSE RATING..MINE WAS 2000++ so yeah its inaccurate..

Flag Post

btw moderator please dont remove those comment(you can remove this one though ^) cause i come with good intent to improve this game as someone would not like the rating system..i come in piece ^ lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mockingbird21:

btw moderator please dont remove those comment(you can remove this one though ^) cause i come with good intent to improve this game as someone would not like the rating system..i come in piece ^ lol

the only reason his posts were removed is he was just spam posting the same thing over and over again, I know this because I flagged/reported his posts

Flag Post

ouh okay then ^^ sorry i didnt know that..my bad

Flag Post

I just started playing this awesome game but I feel compelled to say one thing.

THANKS FOR REMOVING ENERGY XENAO. GOTTA LOVE YOU.

Enuf.

Flag Post

Wow.. This has got to be one of the first games that have removed energy..
Fav’d, 5 stars, and thx! :P

Flag Post

WOOOT NO ENERGY!!! THE FIRST GAME I SEEN 5 STARTS FAV’D AND I WILL PLAY THIS GAME TO DEATH!!!!

Flag Post

3 stars to 5 stars just because of this.
You are now my idol, for being a game developer who isn’t greedy.

Flag Post

wow

Flag Post

i am… speechless!! thats…. awesome! i wish more devs would follow suit