[Doom Forge] Things i'd love to see implemented

9 posts

Flag Post

(1) If someone fights you and you win the fight, make it so you get xp.

(2) If someone fights you and you’re online, make it so you can control your character (if you want to)

(3) Your title changes from warrior to something else depending to how your char points are spent. For example if you have four times more agility than stamina then your title becomes “rogue” and if it’s eight times it’s “assassin”. Or something like that

(4) Your skill tree expands depending on how many skill points you’ve spent on the previous tree level (the one that unlocks depending on your level at the moment). Right now, you view the skills, you decide which ones you want depending on the way you play and keep the skill points for later levels. That’s good for me, i just thought it would be more balanced the other way. Especially when i’m level 9 and just because level 10s have the new skills they can shred me.

(5) In skirmish, you get xp if you win, and more xp for you specifically if you manage to win all 3 fights. This should also count towards the 5 fights you need to claim a reward.

(6) when you’re hunting or gathering you get xp in that field, making it more likely to find something, or making it take less time. There could be levels as well. (level 1 gatherer etc)

(7) right now you can gather/create something and be in the arena at the same time. I think that’s kinda weird?

(8) xp pots should give more xp. At least worthy of 5-10 battles? And even that’s even a small portion of what you’ll have to go through to get a level !

(9) If you win 5 fights in a row, you should be able to choose to claim the reward automatically. If not that, then if you don’t claim the reward you can go for another 5 fights (or a miniboss) and if you manage to win, you get triple the reward !

(10) Once you’ve unlocked the first couple of skills – which means you just learned how to play and got into it – make all the skills visible so the player knows what to expect when fighting higher levels.

(11) Make a pvp system available so you can search for a friend and fight him. (along with the “choose to control your character once you’ve been challenged” feature)

(12) make the screen shake once you’ve performed a critical :D

(13) The skill that gives you bonus rage and attack if you’ve won a fight before (i don’t remember its name but it’s below level 10). make it passive. It lasts for the entire fight so you’ll want it from the start of the fight anyway.

(14) Make more sets that give you different attributes and make it so you can see the bonus stats beforehand. I think every piece of armor should be able to make a set.

(15) A gore option and more blood for the “on” setting. please.

(16) Fatalities actually show something depending on the skill you ended the fight with. For example the power strike could cut a limb off, and the bleed skill could pass the sword right through him. Right now it’s just the same as if you won a fight normally. The first time i got a fatality i thought i decapitated him and i wanted to do it again. Then i found out it’s just the same as any other fight. Lame.

(—) That’s it for now, i found my self struggling to find something else to say, which means i don’t have any more ideas. I bet i repeated others in this thread but i’m sure there’s also new stuff here. A really great game nonetheless. Bye!

Flag Post

(17) A different graphical visualization for a combination of skills. For example if the character is stunned and you use kick on him, then the player grabs the character and knees him in the face (oh so cool) or if he’s bleeding and you use stun, for the period he’s stunned he’s on his knees coughing blood! Seriously, you can use really simple ideas like these and make the game really take off graphically.

Flag Post

(18) The ability to sell materials for silver ! Oh yes, that would solve most of our problems…

(19) The ability to upgrade stuff using less silver and more materials. I’m not talking about “upgrade materials” like in other posts. I’m talking about raw stuff, like bronze ore for common items or iron ore for rarer items etc. So basically if you’re trying to upgrade a rare weapon, the process will be far more difficult/time consuming than upgrading a common one. I mean right now we’re using silver for everything and materials for almost nothing!

(20) Like others mentioned, the coal drop rate is extremely low. Like i said in (6) the solution could be that the more you gather, the higher the drop rate is.

Flag Post

if this is possible it would all be great!

Flag Post

Too long. Too much. Remember you’re talking about a browser game, not about a full-scale MMORPG like WoW.
Sure, some things would be nice, and I agree at 90% on the last three points. But some points are totally futile/useless, or turn the game too easy.
Besides, there’s people with slow computers – if you add stuff with animations or else, they probably couldn’t manage to see anything.
At its current state I believe the game only needs a few tweaks to balance things. More could be implemented on the future or when the developer decides to create a downloadable version of the game, which would allow for more options and room for fancy stuff. And it would be better for old computers (or PCs with bad internet) to run rather than on a browser.
I also suggest to decrease the chance an item gets damaged. It can be annoying to have and repair items at every fight for several fight, especially if you just lost and you just bought a new item. The price is fine, but some items are… Almost as fragile as glass? O.o

Flag Post

I agree with 6, 10, 18, 19 and 20. The rest is just non-sense… Things that would benefit you more quickly and make the game very unbalanced and awkward… But the points I agree with that are mentioned… Are very, very good ideas and I think in those areas a lot of improvement is needed!

Flag Post

A) Well, concerning the graphic ideas, there could be a “fast/slow computer” setting, so the game runs well in both.

B) The game doesnt get too easy just because you can choose to fight the opponent that wants to fight you-that’s just pvp.

C) Concerning “more XP”, i didnt say fights should earn you more xp. I just mentioned what’s more logical. Fighting gets you xp-simple as that. So fighting in a skirmish, or fighting when you’re defending should be the same. I mean you could remove the extra xp when ending a fight with a fatality and just add some xp for winning fights when you’re defending. Sorry, but i don’t see the balance ruined just because of that.

D) Certain points i’ve made are just to enhance the graphical “pleasing”. I mean shaking the screen with a critical ruins balance? No, it just makes the critical look cooler (well, to some people). Other points are just to enhance gaming. Like being able to fight your friends. I understand the differences between browser-based and mmorpgs, but pvp is something that exists in both.

E) You said “the rest” make the game unbalanced or are non-sense or something. Look at (13) for example. How does that make the game unbalanced? And why would that be non-sense?

F) I never said what i wrote should be followed exactly as i wrote it. Nor will i be displeased if they make something similar to that, but not that. I am simply giving out ideas.

G) For the devs to be able to follow a better discussion, please state specifically what point you are against, and why.

Plus, are we trying to move forwards or backwards? Are we innovating or simply making another browser-based to sit next to the hundred others?

Anyway, i’m not against anyone. Each has his own concept of a good game.

I guess that’s mine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Azgara:

A) Well, concerning the graphic ideas, there could be a “fast/slow computer” setting, so the game runs well in both.

B) The game doesnt get too easy just because you can choose to fight the opponent that wants to fight you-that’s just pvp.

C) Concerning “more XP”, i didnt say fights should earn you more xp. I just mentioned what’s more logical. Fighting gets you xp-simple as that. So fighting in a skirmish, or fighting when you’re defending should be the same. I mean you could remove the extra xp when ending a fight with a fatality and just add some xp for winning fights when you’re defending. Sorry, but i don’t see the balance ruined just because of that.

D) Certain points i’ve made are just to enhance the graphical “pleasing”. I mean shaking the screen with a critical ruins balance? No, it just makes the critical look cooler (well, to some people). Other points are just to enhance gaming. Like being able to fight your friends. I understand the differences between browser-based and mmorpgs, but pvp is something that exists in both.

E) You said “the rest” make the game unbalanced or are non-sense or something. Look at (13) for example. How does that make the game unbalanced? And why would that be non-sense?

F) I never said what i wrote should be followed exactly as i wrote it. Nor will i be displeased if they make something similar to that, but not that. I am simply giving out ideas.

G) For the devs to be able to follow a better discussion, please state specifically what point you are against, and why.

Plus, are we trying to move forwards or backwards? Are we innovating or simply making another browser-based to sit next to the hundred others?

Anyway, i’m not against anyone. Each has his own concept of a good game.

I guess that’s mine.

@ Azgara;

A) Fully agreed.
B) Never said something against that, indeed. If the higher level guy is too powerful because you know it, just pick the weaker one so you can still score a winning combo, right?
C) Well that’s a nice idea, since XP earning is quite slow unless you’re well-geared or manage to score tons of winning combos without losing once.
D) Graphic “pleasing” options should all be “togglable” and not forced. Besides, the screen shakes in some situations already, and a critical already gets a cool, flashing, big yellow number.
E) Guess that’s not redirected to me. I didn’t really say that, I only stated some points, indeed, are. And… One player might want to earn that 10 rage at any point of the fight, not just at the beginning, right?
F) Yeah, and I am sure that the fact you give out ideas is appreciated. But not only because you’re giving out ideas it means that you can’t be affected by or replied with comments and criticism.
G) Good luck with that. The devs have made a little presence around, but getting devs really wandering around all threads and reading them, while they’re busy with their lives and their games, can be quite challenging.
And it’s not so easy to make a special game, I guess? I mean, there are exceptions – e.g. minecraft. But this one has already got a concept 90% copied out of World of Warcraft (which I do like), so go figure.
Hope my answer did not offend you nor anything.

Flag Post

@Andry94

No, don’t worry i’m not offended. Plus criticism is always a good thing since you can develop better ideas. That’s why i said “state specifically what point you are against and why”, because someone simply saying “i don’t like that it makes the game unbalanced” (generally speaking-not saying you did that) would not add something or change the idea for the better, it would just subjectively negate it.

To be honest, i’m not frantic about the 3D graphics. I’ve played awesome games with just pictures for graphics. Plus, i’m not a huge gamer, i just play a game for a while and then i leave it. It’s just that i saw much work and effort put into this one so i decided to take the time and say my suggestions :)