[Doom Forge] No traction

9 posts

Flag Post

I’m level 5 and hopelessly bogged down with all traction lost; my record is something like 51W & 57L with the vast majority of the wins coming when I first started playing.. I gain very few coins or exp because most fights are losers and the few I win offer very little gain. I have absolutely no idea what the purpose of the resource area or trade area is, much less what I should do there. Wiki is nearly as baffling and is completely useless, to me anyway, with its few charts and mostly blank pages. I’m not asking for answers to any of that, I know that would be too time consuming but I would like to know if I’m the only one bewildered by this game or is there help info somewhere, other than the bits and pieces scattered throughout the forum, that I’m overlooking. Seems like it’d be a great game…or perhaps would be if I wasn’t so dumb.
Thanks

Flag Post

God knows how you’ve lost that often mate…you must just be a rubbish strategist.

Check you’ve actually put skill points in things and stats when you’ve leveled up, you should still be able to. And read the tips. It mentions for example saving up to use Deep Cut is more effective than pummelling PowerStrike. Make sure you actually use your skills to their full effect in battle.

Check the stats and gear of who you’re about to fight. Is their Rank in the 360,000’s or in the 70,000’s? Chances are a level4 with a 5 digit rank will crush you and that lvl6 with a rank close to 400k will be a pushover. Avoid fighting people wearing what looks like a full set of armour (same armour pieces give a bonus) and try to attack the lowest level or lowest rank, even if it gives +0 rank.

Flag Post

A rubbish strategist? :) But wait….since my first post (the one with all the tears) I’ve used the rebirth elixir and begin anew with a different strategy. The Gods have smiled. I just turned the page to level 5 at 52 Wins, 0 Loses and with a ton of coins.
My problem now is that there is a small box on the lower right hand side of my screen, with info on how to use charge, that has the ‘continue’ button on the level 5 welcome screen covered and I’m stinking stuck. Cannot get the little info box to move or go away, cannot get to the continue button to move past this screen. The box been there for the past 4 or 5 rounds but up until now was merely a nuisance.
Sigh..
Rubbish Strategist….I like that.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Flag Post

are you repairing your items?

Flag Post

Hey salty_text,
With the Backpack open prior to each match I click on each piece of equipment that will be in use and if an icon with what looks like crossed hammers and a coin symbol pops up I click that as well. I’m thinking that has to do with repair or health. Also… In the Arena screen there’s a refresh button that has me a bit puzzled as to what it refreshes.
Back when I was a famous rubbish strategist and had the 51 & 57 record, I attempted no repairs as I didn’t know they were needed and I was always very bust ducking anyway. My record now is a bit more respectful 140 wins & 11 loses. I still have a million questions and I absolutely cannot understand the lack of instructions. That said, it seems as though very few games have a comprehensive help section anymore. Whatcha gonna do? IT IS A VERY GOOD GAME.
I appreciate your response, thanks.

Flag Post

yes those are repairing the cross hammers

i think what it refreshes jthames is just the people that you can fight, i havent used it yet.

message me in kong chat if you have any questions though :)

Flag Post

Will do!
ps, just made it to level 7 with 172 wins and 11 loses.
Take care my friend.

Flag Post

cool! glad your figured it out :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by jthames:

Will do!
ps, just made it to level 7 with 172 wins and 11 loses.
Take care my friend.

Yeah, I had a problem very similar to yours. I struggled to defeat lower level opponents, then I elixir-ed and now I can easily beat 98% of the higher level people I come across and have a w/l rate very similar to yours. I believe it’s pretty much a question of buying the right armor pieces at the right times, continuously repair and focus slightly more on stamina than other stats when levelling up.