[Doom Forge] Suggestion: Autorepair.

23 posts

Flag Post

Xenaogames, I was wondering if you could integrate Autorepair into the game so that it automatically repairs your gear after each battle. It should be toggled near the actual “repair all” button underneath your character in the backpack menu. I think it’d be much faster and we won’t have to wait for the awesome graphics of the arena to load, then switch to the backpack and have the beastly graphics of the character load, and then press repair and have that load, and then go back to the awesome graphics of the arena and re-load those.
Also, it’s just plain faster.

Thoughts?

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

great idea 1+

Flag Post

Any more thoughts?

Flag Post

+1 xD

Flag Post

Will save us all from carpel tunnel syndrome. (fight, click arena, click backpack, click repair, click arena, fight) = (4 extra clicks per a fight)

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Daymorn:

Will save us all from carpel tunnel syndrome. (fight, click arena, click backpack, click repair, click arena, fight) = (4 extra clicks per a fight)

Yep lol.

EDIT: The pluses…. THEY’RE OVER 9000!!!

Flag Post

+1, Spam the Devs about this.

Flag Post

No need for spamming. We saw it and the feature is in our backlog already. This means that we will make this feature in the nearest future.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XenaoGames:

No need for spamming. We saw it and the feature is in our backlog already. This means that we will make this feature in the nearest future.

Lol k.

Flag Post

NO!

I disagree,

Its very simple. U push one button from time2time to repair your equipment.

If u are stupid enough to forget that simple act, be sure u will remember when u lose fight next time!

This is part of the game.

Flag Post

If there is going to be an “auto-repair”, why even have repair at all? At that point having durability on items is pointless.

It seems like the move should be to remove durability from items then at this point as it is serving no real purpose and will do even less so if we can automate a repair option.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lektor:

NO!

I disagree,

Its very simple. U push one button from time2time to repair your equipment.

If u are stupid enough to forget that simple act, be sure u will remember when u lose fight next time!

This is part of the game.

first of all, please feel free to type normally. You have hands, don’t you? The only reason to type as you are is if you have some horrible disease and have two fingers and five thumbs on each hand.
Not from “time2time,” but after every single battle. Also, as I said if you cared enough to read, it’s annoying to have to wait for every single screen to load AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN as you click your way through the menus to repair stuff. Also, if you don’t want to do that, then you can just turn autorepair off and manually repair it from there.

Originally posted by shayarra:

If there is going to be an “auto-repair”, why even have repair at all? At that point having durability on items is pointless.

It seems like the move should be to remove durability from items then at this point as it is serving no real purpose and will do even less so if we can automate a repair option.

It does serve a purpose. What is the purpose of making it 3-dimensional? To make it more realistic, of course. Same with the repair feature. Armor, especially gloves and boots, doesn’t last very long in real life if you’re dueling every minute for about an hour straight. So, of course, it should be repaired. And repairs cost money. I would argue that durability is a cool feature that is unique to this game and should be kept. Automating repair in real life is like this: Without autorepair, you finish your duel, go grab a drink of water or whatever, and return to the arena. When you return to the arena, you exit and go walk to a repair booth to get your gear fixed. With autorepair, you finish your duel and don’t return to the arena until you’re ready to. Which makes more sense:
1) Going to the arena, dueling, going back to the arena, exiting the arena, going to the repair booth, going back to the arena, dueling, etc…

OR

2) Going to the arena, dueling, going to the repair booth, going back to the arena, dueling, etc…

Enabling autorepair cuts 2 unnecessary steps from in between duels.

Flag Post
\
It does serve a purpose. What is the purpose of making it 3-dimensional? To make it more realistic, of course. Same with the repair feature. Armor, especially gloves and boots, doesn’t last very long in real life if you’re dueling every minute for about an hour straight. So, of course, it should be repaired. And repairs cost money. I would argue that durability is a cool feature that is unique to this game and should be kept. Automating repair in real life is like this: Without autorepair, you finish your duel, go grab a drink of water or whatever, and return to the arena. When you return to the arena, you exit and go walk to a repair booth to get your gear fixed. With autorepair, you finish your duel and don’t return to the arena until you’re ready to. Which makes more sense:
1) Going to the arena, dueling, going back to the arena, exiting the arena, going to the repair booth, going back to the arena, dueling, etc…

OR

2) Going to the arena, dueling, going to the repair booth, going back to the arena, dueling, etc…

Realistic does not always equal fun. If we want to talk “realistic” our characters shouldn’t be able to fight non-stop where they don’t have to take breaks or be in the hospital and recover after injuries. Also what about eating and using the restrooms. In addition to repair we should have to go to the tavern and make sure we’re fed.

This is a game designed to be fun and when you have things that are automated to remove the tediousness of having to make a couple extra clicks than probably the reason why those clicks in the game is pointless to begin with. Repair should either remain the same or be taken out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shayarra:
\

OR

Realistic does not always equal fun. If we want to talk “realistic” our characters shouldn’t be able to fight non-stop where they don’t have to take breaks or be in the hospital and recover after injuries. Also what about eating and using the restrooms. In addition to repair we should have to go to the tavern and make sure we’re fed.

This is a game designed to be fun and when you have things that are automated to remove the tediousness of having to make a couple extra clicks than probably the reason why those clicks in the game is pointless to begin with. Repair should either remain the same or be taken out.

That’s not what I mean. They’re trying to make the dueling realistic, not everything else. They tried to make other things realistic with the energy system, but that didn’t work out very well. Repair has to do with dueling directly.

Flag Post

I think
repair
should not be automatic
and should be
more
expensive.

And i will
type
what ever way i want to type with my " horrible disease and have two fingers and five thumbs on each hand."

Flag Post

I think
repair
should not be automatic
and should be
more
expensive.

And i will
type
what ever way i want to type with my " horrible disease and have two fingers and five thumbs on each hand."

Xenaogames is going to add autorepair, whether you like it or not. You don’t have to enable it if your five thumbs don’t want you to.

You should see a doctor if you have such a disease. I’ve heard it has side effects, such as pressing “enter” instead of “space.”

Flag Post

it would take way less time even on a good fast computer and making it more expensive would not work because this game is ruled by the people who pay for in game money with real money so it would just make things harder for those who do not want to spend money on a flash game that they play when there bored at work or after school and so on

Flag Post

If u can only see tears in my ayes bcs Xenaogames is going to add autorepair, my life is ruined and all my five thumbs are upset. ;)

Flag Post

If u can only see tears in my ayes bcs Xenaogames is going to add autorepair, my life is ruined and all my five thumbs are upset. ;)