[Parallel Kingdom] Bug reports

27 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

how long should it take to find the computers location?

Flag Post

Hi RevanFan01, you should see a notification from your browser that we are asking for your permission to detect your location. If the prompt is still active waiting for you to confirm or deny it, it will not go away. It might be an error that it’s not popping up. What browser are you on?

We are going to improve this process in the coming week.

Flag Post

I found a Dusk Tree, when I tried to chop it down, I had a 13 minute timer. When timer ended, I was still chopping and could see the Dusk Tree, but game said it wasn’t there when I clicked on it. I had to refresh my browser (Chrome) to stop chopping and do other stuff.

Flag Post

Not really a bug, but I cannot use my Kong character on the main site or iPhone app. I don’t want to remake my character, I don’t want to play 2 characters, just wish I could play on multiple platforms.

Flag Post

Under ‘New Person Protection’ I was able to enter some peoples private (Black Flag) areas, fight monsters, and cut down trees (they didn’t have any other built resources). I was able to [Attack and Declare War] on their un-built Oil Wells (once, then got the message I can only attack each well once every 22 hours), but I wasn’t able to attack their built structures. After ending my protection (while still in their area) I was able to [Attack and Declare War] damaging their flag and cottage. I left their area and tried to return 5 minutes later but it would not let me.

Flag Post

Toimu, thanks for the reports. They are very helpful. Here are some responses:

I had to refresh my browser (Chrome) to stop chopping and do other stuff.

Occasionally the browser loses connection with the game server. It’s somewhat typical on browser games that require a constant server connection such as this one. We are always working on ways to improve the system, so it happens less or fixes itself automatically. That said, a quick refresh will fix a lot of problems.

I cannot use my Kong character on the main site or iPhone app. I don’t want to remake my character, I don’t want to play 2 characters, just wish I could play on multiple platforms.

We are working on a way for you to be able to play your Kong character on the main site. This functionality should be live within a week or so. For the mobile versions (iPhone/Android), they are actually a completely different world on a different server. You are free to create a new account to play on the mobile world using your mobile device. This is done mostly for security purposes to keep web browsers from wreaking any sort of havoc on the mobile world server.

Under ‘New Person Protection’ I was able to enter some peoples private (Black Flag) areas, fight monsters, and cut down trees (they didn’t have any other built resources). I was able to [Attack and Declare War] on their un-built Oil Wells (once, then got the message I can only attack each well once every 22 hours), but I wasn’t able to attack their built structures. After ending my protection (while still in their area) I was able to [Attack and Declare War] damaging their flag and cottage. I left their area and tried to return 5 minutes later but it would not let me.

There are a couple things to note here. First, black flags are public flags of a nearby city. These flags are public to anyone for hunting/harvesting. You were able to attack the unbuilt oil wells because those aren’t claimed by another player. Built structures on the other hand are claimed by another player so you would not have been able to attack them until your new player protection was off. Also, if you attack someone’s structures, it makes you their enemy, and then you are not able to use that player’s structures for travel. That is most likely why you couldn’t return back to the area after you attacked the player’s flag and cottage. It’s a bit complicated until you get used to it, but it is generally a fair system. Just remember that aggressive actions towards other players tend to come with some sort of in-game consequence. Most players are forgiving though and willing to make amends through diplomacy.

Flag Post

How do I get rid of that annoying message abut rating my mentor. I’ve done it – so stop nagging me!

Flag Post

Got caught by a siren – but managed to kill her. Afterwards, however, I find I’m walking around very slowly. The glowing red eyes thingy has disappeared.

Flag Post

Have the same bag as mykael.I defeat the siren but her spell last forever Q.Q

Flag Post

My postal code in Cananda dosn’t seem to exist. (Not sure if that’s a game issue of if I’m a figment of someones imagination.) I’ve tried it with and without caps, all 6 symbols in a row, space in the middle, and a – in the middle. let me know if you need more info.

Flag Post

“Please wait until you are unaggressive before you visit others”. I’m going from one flag on my property to another flag on my property, so I’m not visiting others.

Flag Post

After Siren call you need to click repeatedly on the screen to run away and that will eventually break the spell.

Flag Post

Can’t pick up stuff on the sea shore unless I walk close enough to it first. If it’s on dry land, it automatically walks me there. Likewise, can’t attack critters int he sea which would be in bow shot range unless I walk close enough to be in range first. Again, on dry land I get automatically walked there.

Flag Post

so I tried checking this game, and, for some reason, it always throws me a runtime error? says “Server Error in ‘/’ Application” Anyone knows the reason?

Flag Post

Getting issues with Explorer Waypoints. When drawing them on the normal map, I’m getting a big, uncoloured square holding the waypoint arrow and little else – even after I’ve cleared the waypoint. After reloading the game it seems to be gone, but I suspect will return if I set another waypoint.

Flag Post

It asks for a postal code upon creating an account oblivious to the fact that many locations do not have a postal code at all.

Therefore, I cannot even progress past the country selection screen.

Edit: After many tries, it finally let me proceed

Flag Post

The in-game Tech Support Request doesn’t work. I enter info in all three fields, and click submit. The “thinking” animations just goes and goes and goes …. I let it go for ten minutes.before giving up.

The reason I called for support was that I can’t buy City Coins. I have been a member of my city for several days, and it won’t let me buy any coins at all. The option simply isn’t there on the Market.

I have talked to my mayor and nobody else seems to have problems, so the problem is probably in my character.

Globbo, from the city of Oslo, Norway.

EDIT: City coins FIXED. THANKS! Haven’t tried Tech Support again.

Flag Post

Got suddenly killed by a magnathere, real quick. Got a gravestone saying that i probably died due to some sort of error, advising me to contact tech support. Tech support seems to be not really working though.

You guys sure are honest though.

Flag Post

when loading, it gets to about 4/5’s of the way there and then doesn’t do anything… had the screen up currently for ages, reloaded several times, rerouted the wireless, etc. but the same thing keeps happening.
i know the game works, i logged in for the first time this morning

Flag Post
Originally posted by santaayres1:

when loading, it gets to about 4/5’s of the way there and then doesn’t do anything… had the screen up currently for ages, reloaded several times, rerouted the wireless, etc. but the same thing keeps happening.
i know the game works, i logged in for the first time this morning

same problem here

edit: Don’t know if anyone did anything with this problem, but i got in.

Flag Post

I went into a cavern for the first time, killed a bunch of stuff. then i killed the troodont king, and it said my torch went out. I keep trying to go through the only exit, but each time i try it says my torch went out.. plz help.

Flag Post

Voessen, you need to click yourself then select exit from the list. Once you defeat the troodont king, you cannot leave that room of the cavern, and must either defeat any remaining monsters or click yourself and select “EXIT” from the menu. Hope this fixes your issue!

Flag Post

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

This is what i’m getting today when trying to load the game. What happened?

Flag Post

Parallel Kingdom
The app is currently unreachable. why????????????/