[Pirate Galaxy] idea thread

40 posts

Flag Post

Post ideas and suggestions that you have for the developer here.

Flag Post

The auto track feature shouldn’t run into walls :)

Flag Post

Setting a beacon of sorts on individual planets would be nice prior to leaving. That way a player can return to a specific location rather than flying across the planet wasting 10 minutes.

Flag Post

When you log out on a Planet then later log back in, you will be in same location on the Planet. If you log out in Orbit of a Planet, you will be there when you log back in.

However, If you logout during a Mission, You will have to restart the Mission

Flag Post

a daily rewards system would be a nice feature also to keep new and vets coming back to the game, many games have it but I see Pirate does not.

Flag Post

what is the point in energy? get rid of it is my idea

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkgoarg:

what is the point in energy? get rid of it is my idea

the point of Energy is that the Developer want to make money with the game.

In the later Ranks (from ~ Rank 10) you get +125 Energy/Rank. So its not really a need to get rid of it

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sigmund_Freud:

the point of Energy is that the Developer want to make money with the game.

In the later Ranks (from ~ Rank 10) you get +125 Energy/Rank. So its not really a need to get rid of it

Or rather you get +125 to your maximum storable energy. You still have to either buy or collect it to use.
And to be honest, this is one of the less annoying ways of doing things.

Although it would be useful if there was some kind of feature to tell us, or at least give us a hint as to where the various blueprints can be found. (Assuming I’m not blind and am missing something obvious….)

Flag Post

sadcookie, ur blind, do the blueprint missions, then follow the big red arrow

Flag Post

Yeah, but where can you find which prints? What drops them? And what about the yellow ones?
There’s no documentation I can see about that.

Flag Post

The map should show where crystals are. It’s a pain in the A to look for energy without knowing where it is.

Flag Post

yellow ones are rare, its supposed to be hard to find them

Flag Post

There needs to be a better way of identifying particular mantis ships from each other. I find my self sitting around looking for a target (ie the commander types), getting attacked by things I’m not looking for, and then by the time I find one I’m out of energy or blown up. Also, it’s very annoying that the mantis can fly up a cliff or off planet while I’m attacking them and I can’t do the same. So, it would be nice if either they had to stand and fight or we could blast off while they’re attacking us.

Flag Post

i want the ability to delete or restart characacters

Flag Post
Originally posted by pongo280:

yellow ones are rare, its supposed to be hard to find them

Granted they’re supposed to be rare, but at the moment all I know of them is that they exist <somewhere>, and that I’ve been plinking stuff for over a week and not seen a single one.
(Hundreds upon hundreds of blues though….)
There’s rare and then there’s taking the P-155.

Originally posted by Endymon:

There needs to be a better way of identifying particular mantis ships from each other. I find my self sitting around looking for a target (ie the commander types).

These guys seem to have green engine trails.
It is a bit annoying when they run off to orbit mid fight though – mantis obviously don’t have a ‘combat mode’ :p

Flag Post

@ SadCookieCat for the green engine trails the mantis i believe ur having problems on aurora this is because atm aurora is bugged so i think they are sorry for that also rares do give you 15% better than top common from that system and getting them can be annoying but think your not going to get it in 1-3 mantis u need to kill hundreds upon thousands of mantis i myself have killed 179 000 mantis roughly but i still had to kill a load per rare but overall the game is fun and its good to work in teams aswell anyways gtg help the clan in Sirius Singularity

Officer of TheWhiteStarAvengers
Askone Server

Flag Post

Just a cool thought, how about having a ship that has all eight weapon slots available (so it applies more to the later systems) that you can buy with gold? I mean the two available already are cool and all, but after the first system it’s kind of obsolete. Just a thought, that’s all.

Flag Post

If the devs paid more attention to specific sci details (cuz it’s supposed to be a sci-fi game), it’d be somewhat more cooler for the people playing it. It shows an articulate eye.

For example, the sun could be to scale, as could be the orbits/speeds.

@ SadCookieCat: When you’re doing the bp quests, they do tell you where to go and what Mantis to fight. And when you hoveréclick your cursor over a Mantis, it shows you what type they are. Furthermore if you scan them (E) you get additional info.

It`d also be nice to have additional areas added to already pre-existing planets later on. I mean they`re planets. I`m sure each planet doesn`t only have one habitable/traversable area for spaceships.

It’d also be nice to have explorable space maps.

It’d also be interesting to have ships later which can go at higher/lower (underwater?) altitudes, alowing them to access other map areas on a planet.

Nice to see you guys have missiles, but have you guys thought about maybe long range-scoping weapons? XD.

I’m not too sure about actuators yet, but are there ways of adding stats (speed, armour, accuracy) to your ships, as in buying, as in not entirely bp dependant?

Back to weapons: Currently, the weapons that I have used are only used after you’ve selected a target, as in you’ve clicked on a Mantis and you start blasting away at it. If you guys add long range weapons, or other weapons, have you also considered making some of them manual-aimed?

And I agree with Jchung: Once you’ve explored the map, there should be an icon on the overall map which signifies energy fields.

And one more thing: Besides getting some gold and (apparently) after level 10 increase to max energy levels, what does leveling up do? No stats?

Flag Post

And it’s interesting to see how on Colossus’s description it says that people can land there only when the atmosphere allows it. However, it’s really more of a colosseum, huh? If that’s the case, can there be spectators, or would that be too much like spying?

However, it would be nice if there were other factors that affect what you can and can’t do at certain times. It adds challenge. Like planets too close to the sun would be severely affected by charged hydrogen/helium ions/particles as well as severe UV storms. XD. Similarly, you’d have to travel in a roundabout way to get from one side of the Sun to the other.

And a glitch: When traveling from any planet except Colossus to Lyris (or vice-versa) you go through Colossus.

Flag Post

@Selow

AFAIK there are no quests for yellow/gold/whatever equipment.
Space maps do exist, well at least one does – some asteroids in the first system.
Long range weapons also exist according to the huge ship that thankfully ignored me, which was described as a “sniper” ship. As to weather that’s just window dressing or not is another matter….

In other news, I have managed to find some yellow things and it was tedious tracking them down. Don’t think I’m going bother with any more.
I did have a fight with a huge weird looking thing with pink engines though, and it very thoughtfully dropped a nice pile of green stuff when it blew up as well. /)^3^(\

Flag Post

But whadda bout zooms?

And all the other stuff I talked bout? XD

zooms would be nice; different for each ship though: and different system for weapon zooms. Thats what I mean by sniper weapons. Cuz you can see a map, and you can see far on the actual display, but the enemies become noticeable once you get closer

And another thing, how come we can’t turn the camera around all the way: I mean, why not underneath the ship too, so we can look up? I wanna know how awesome my stuff looks…

And there aren’t supposed to be any quests for gold bps…cuz they’re rare, you’re supposed to input your own effort to hunt and find them.

[EDIT]: And wth..? I keep running into the Sun when I’m doing interplanetary jumps! I’m going from Aurora to Axiom: And I come across the Vega Sun. Bump into it three times, each time turning back, and then finally go through it….

Flag Post

Not implying that there should be quests for rare stuff. I’d just like a clue where I’m supposed to go and look for it because searching for randomly hidden things isn’t fun when you don’t have a lot of time to spend doing it.
And being a game, this is supposed to be fun. Right?

It would be nice if when dropped blueprints were scanned there was a marking of some sort to tell you weather you’ve already picked up any of that type previously, and if you’ve completed that set or not.

Invincible commander units really need looking into as well.

Heh. I got a funky line up flying from Aurora to Colossus, and flew right through: Several asteroids, Axiom, and the sun.
No deviations whatsoever.
I think they borrowed the autopilot from ELITE….

Flag Post

ELITE? Haven’t heard of it….

And commanders aren’t all that invincible if you’re of a proper lvl and got the right ship. What’re your stats? And what server are you on?

And when you pickup a blueprint, if you already have it, it will say ‘Known blueprint ___________. Blueprint discarded.’

As for gold blueprints, you can ask from other players, I can tell you some for Vega system…

Lvl 8 Sentinals (Back of Kablesh): Elite Colonial Jet, 4 bp
Lvl ? Missle Turret: (Aurora): Thunder Storm ? bp
Lvl 15 Avengers (Aurora): Vega Vendetta Blaster 5 bp
Lvl ? Harvesters (Aurora): Vega AB 5 bp

Aaaannnnndddd….. I forget where I get the Vega Ion shield from…. XD

[EDIT] Apparently you get Arrow Speed from menders… though I wanna know where to get the rare Vega Tank and the Shock Stunner….

Flag Post

the mission turret lvl 13 drop thunderstorm
and lvl 15 interceptors drop vega AB

Flag Post

guys there is an official wiki which contains lots of info about the rare bps

http://wiki.pirategalaxy.com/index.php/Blueprints
or this
http://www.prelude.myzen.co.uk/PG/

btw, the lvl doesn’t matter, what matters is the type.

and this is a bit off topic, if u have any further problems with that, it’s better to start a new thread.