[DarkOrbit] FREE-TO-PLAY... DONT BE FOOLED!

21 posts

Flag Post

Free-to-play.. to to about level 6 then you have little chance of getting much fun out of this game without paying.
Seems like “bigpoint” does not share the common perception of “free”
free should mean that player have an actual chance to compete using more online time than paying players, this is NOT the case in Darkorbit. Even the most basic items (accellerators and proper weapons need Uridium.. which at the required level OnLY can be reached by using real cash..

Shame on you Bigpoint!
and a shame in general because DO is not a bad game… if you pay

Flag Post

uh, this game IS free. YOU have a little misconception, “free” means do not pay for, you do not HAVE to pay in this game. You may have to pay to be able to kill people, but they do not force you to pay to play. Plus+, Bigpoint makes it so that people do not just sit in x-1 botting everything until they have enough uridium to compete; and when I say botting, I mean they dont kill aliens or anything, they just collect bonus boxes so that their rank will not go up and they will receive max. amount from boxes.

Flag Post

i do not agree, i been through 10-12 big MMO’s and all of them actually gives the players a chance to compete with the paying players, you ’do have to spend 3-4+ times the time and have good (better) skills but you CAN compete. This is not the case in DO which is why the Free-to-play is bullsheit… i am on lvl 10 now in a Goli with 8 drones and some CPU but i see no way forward from here (unless spending 10 hours a day for 6 months to get to be able to handle X3 and X4 maps with just a tiny chance. A respawn is 500U …that takes 10 hours to collect WITHOUT getting killed which is by default impossible.
…anyway there is plenty of alternatives and i will move on to those. But it is sad that the game leaves the paying noobs ruling and the free player (with skill) no actual chance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xenobreed:

i do not agree, i been through 10-12 big MMO’s and all of them actually gives the players a chance to compete with the paying players, you ’do have to spend 3-4+ times the time and have good (better) skills but you CAN compete. This is not the case in DO which is why the Free-to-play is bullsheit… i am on lvl 10 now in a Goli with 8 drones and some CPU but i see no way forward from here (unless spending 10 hours a day for 6 months to get to be able to handle X3 and X4 maps with just a tiny chance. A respawn is 500U …that takes 10 hours to collect WITHOUT getting killed which is by default impossible.
…anyway there is plenty of alternatives and i will move on to those. But it is sad that the game leaves the paying noobs ruling and the free player (with skill) no actual chance.

well, on my server there is tons of Fes with skill designs, and have NEVER paid, so saying that you have to pay to compete with other players is rubbish

Flag Post

yes that is what i am saying. you can always complete (i any game) but you do not really have much chance when it comes to the later level, that is fact. There is about 15-20% of the items you will NEVER have a chance to get which is fairly normal, problem in Do (which most others do not suffer) is that these items a essential at the top levels.
..Dont get me wrong i fully understand that paying user are keeping the servers alive (i develop UNITY games myself so i know the cost of a basic 10k u server) BUT the paying benefits should never create different game classes (as Do does)
This of cause shows on the reg to pay conversion rate in DO which is below norm. people simply give up, even before actually consider real payment.

..Anyway i am out of DO gave my Lvl 11 Goli account to a Noob …he seems happy ;)

Flag Post

I have been playing for a long time and I think that is is comepletly possible to comepete, Im not fe, but I can still kill ppl. Maybe not an fe, but I still at least have 90 ship kills. For most players that dont pay just to pvp, thats a lot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xenobreed:

yes that is what i am saying. you can always complete (i any game) but you do not really have much chance when it comes to the later level, that is fact. There is about 15-20% of the items you will NEVER have a chance to get which is fairly normal, problem in Do (which most others do not suffer) is that these items a essential at the top levels.
..Dont get me wrong i fully understand that paying user are keeping the servers alive (i develop UNITY games myself so i know the cost of a basic 10k u server) BUT the paying benefits should never create different game classes (as Do does)
This of cause shows on the reg to pay conversion rate in DO which is below norm. people simply give up, even before actually consider real payment.

..Anyway i am out of DO gave my Lvl 11 Goli account to a Noob …he seems happy ;)

well, i said thr is tons of FE players that havent payed at all, and can compete with all of the wallet warriors

Flag Post

oh goodie another flame. im almost fe vengeance and i havent spent a dime (lvl12) it IS f2p. you just cant take hard games

Flag Post

The only things you actually need to pay for are the ability to sell items anywhere and some of the more useless goliath designs, so your argument is invalid.

Flag Post

it is possible to get fe goli WITHOUT spending or buyin uri. just bid. keep upgrading ur skylab. things in trade isnt that expencive,if its the +10 extra slot or drones, thats expencive.

Flag Post

u don t get it guys this is not free to play game this is free to pay game …

Flag Post

if u guys are bi*ching about dying all the time and cant get a goli,thats just sad.

get big boy, which u can get in very short time if u dont waste ur creds
bid double cargo,bid late night i got it for 500k
now keep sending 1400 promerium and keep selling it. build up to 30 mill and u got ur goli. bid at right time though.

if u want uri. wait for happy hour and just do vidio offers, i got 8k uri on 2×.

Flag Post

only buy uri in large amounts on maga happy hour 3x and try playing on global America 5 you well be able to bid on a decent day for deoble cargo with less then 100k cridits also Goldie is around 20mil on wednesday or Tuesday’s but you should buy a big boy and don’t spend uri to fix if u have a 100k cridits before selling ships note global Europe 1 is insane don’t start in that one

Flag Post

also it is free to play I’m in golie and I haven’t spent any money yet also I’m under 2000 rank in less then 150 hours of game time still working up

Flag Post

Free to play, pay to have fun.

Flag Post

No it’s still free to have fun lol. I play from the actual site and am FE with most of the toys without spending a dime outside premium :p. Just have to know what you’re doing

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkEchoes:

No it’s still free to have fun lol. I play from the actual site and am FE with most of the toys without spending a dime outside premium :p. Just have to know what you’re doing

correctimundo bro, besides f2p means no downloads!,no lags!,(oftenly bots),and sometimes verification you should know the nautre of your business

Flag Post

Actually, all those who are “FE’s without buying Uridium” are probably botters. DarkOrbit doesn’t do anything about those bastards, their annoying.

Flag Post

>FE< How ? 1. work it out in a small Map or lower map. 2.Save uri 3. Plan what you do and Do what you plan ?4. Be patient and make sure you buy what you needs. the ladder to become FE is very very long with out using credits or $…just have fun …No using credits or $ its take 2 to 4 years…? just have fun …..Botters is all ways there they are virus in the game..

Flag Post
Originally posted by jait:

>FE< How ? 1. work it out in a small Map or lower map. 2.Save uri 3. Plan what you do and Do what you plan ?4. Be patient and make sure you buy what you needs. the ladder to become FE is very very long with out using credits or $…just have fun …No using credits or $ its take 2 to 4 years…? just have fun …..Botters is all ways there they are virus in the game..

As you siad… its take 2 to 4 years…for that time you will got killed many times from another players (which will take you 500 URI each time…or will have to go agian with the phoenix…or if you have credits you wil lcan buy any no elite ship (it will be very bad if having elite ship and no money to repair) and will stay only at the low level maps (which will start giving you less money, resources and etc.) You will can’t go to x3 maps or deeper (if you don’t want get killed)…they may add more elite ships, munitions, drones, rockets, boosters, designs and etc…and when you save up money to buy the elite ship, elite drones, elite weapons the P.E.T. and etc you will can go deep to fight enemeys and one day you will go out of elite munitions, elite rockets and will have to fight with enemeys with the impossible to buy with credits not elite boosters…that i fyou buy will stop work after some time…oh…and let’s don’t forgot the many new items you have to buy with uridum which will be added…the game will start becomeing borning for playing it too long at all…

Flag Post

This game was epicly FREE TO PLAY! and simple ship building…

I miss old days, trust me… I’m even more damaged than you.