[Stick Arena: Ballistick] "Is this suggestion a good idea?"

36 posts

Flag Post

Again, this thread has been moved from XGenForums to here. All credit to Spectral D (Spectral.Death)
More and more in this sub-forum I see countless threads of ideas that do not make sense or really do not need to be added and etc.

I am creating this thread in the hopes that it can give people a good idea on if their suggestions overall can be benificial to the community.

1. Come up with a suggestion you have for the game.
Of course, this is the easiest step to complete since people are coming up with ideas constantly, but please try to be creative with your idea. If the idea that you came up with has been mentioned over and over again and shows no signs of being added, don’t bother with it. Be sure you use the “Search” feature to check if your suggestion has been said on the forums before. It’s there for a reason.

2. Be sure that your suggestion isn’t already in the game.
Sometimes, people can submit suggestions even though the feature is already implemented in the game. So check to see if it has already been added.

3. Think about your suggestion. Does it make sense?
Most of us are going to want logical ideas that make sense and works with the game, not against it. For example, some people have ideas about exclusive spinners being released on say, a Christian holiday. This idea will not go through simply because of the fact that there is more than one religion in the world, and most religions do not have the same holidays as the Christian religion does. Please take time to think about your suggestion.

4. Is it benificial for the audience all together?
There have been a number of suggestions that are benificial for one audience, but is detrimental to a different audience. Suggestions will NOT be added if it only benifits a limited audience. We want the whole audience to be pleased; how else is XGenStudios going to make their money?

5. Will it increase moderator workload?
There are some ideas that will actually make things harder for moderators, such as more text symbols and the like. Please make sure that your idea doesn’t make our job more difficult.

6. Are there too many risks?
THINK ABOUT THIS ONE CAREFULLY. It is very easy to make a mistake here and think that there is very little risk, when in the long run it becomes extremely risky. PLEASE take your time with thinking about this one. Think about many possible situations and if there are any major risks, try to improve upon your idea.

7. Vote Kicking PEOPLE READ THIS YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Originally Posted by Ghecko View Post
*No, no, no! The vote kick feature will never be removed under any circumstances! It’s one of the most used and important features in the game. You would know if you just think about it. I am really tired of having to explain this to every ignorant person who makes this same exact thread every week or so.

First off, There’s more to the vote kick feature than just kicking hackers and players in the first place lead. Removing it would cause chaos and, believe it or not, people would complain to have it back again. For example, players would find themselves in dilemmas where they need to kick a player out of a game. It could be that you might want to kick someone out to let another player in; it could be that you might want to kick someone out to keep privacy in a 1 on 1 game; or it might even be that you want to kick out a watcher, or someone that no one wants in a game and so on. The cycle of uses for the vote kick feature never ends.

Secondly, what about the new players? If they want to play a newbie game without the “no free kills” rule then let them be. If a “pro” comes in and starts slaughtering them then they have the right to kick them out for being too good and experienced for them. If the vote kick feature was removed they simply couldn’t.

Another similar example would be “pros” playing a game with the “no free kills” rule and a new, inexperienced player comes in and starts killing players who don’t have a weapon, hammer camping, punching, etc. Normally, the other players would kick them out of the game as they do not belong there. However, if the vote kick feature was removed they simply couldn’t.

Do you see where I’m getting at with this? It’s 100% fair and the only reason people complain about it is because they lose their precious kills and victory. Hell, without the vote kick feature, everything that represents order in Stick Arena would inevitably come crashing down and literally all hell would break loose, resulting in a lot – and I mean a lot – of players to quit playing altogether. I sure as hell would quit playing Stick Arena if by some chance they removed the vote kick feature.*

Now stop promoting the alteration or modification of the vote kick feature. The reason the administrators aren’t doing anything is because this is a poop idea. My response is not based on opinion, it is fact. Once more – and probably not the last time I’ll say it either – you just need to think about it. Think before you decide what’s best for the game.
^this

Also, gun suggestions will NEVER be taken into consideration, NEITHER WILL VOTE KICKS. IT WILL STAY THERE NO MATTER WHAT.

If you think that your suggestion makes sense, is benificial for all audiences, and has little risk all together, then feel free to make a thread on it. Make sure you explain your suggestion as clear as you can so as to avoid any confusion.

Your suggestion WILL be met with criticism, and if your idea is turned down, don’t let it discourage you; learn from it. Ask yourself, “What did I do wrong? Did it make too little sense? Was it not benificial for all audiences? Were there too many risks involved?” Take your mistake, learn from it, and apply it to your next idea. You never know; one day your suggestion may be added.

Here’s a little flow chart that basically sums everything up (AKA tl;dr)

Anything that you think is missing? Feel free to say so.

Version History:
Spoiler!
Version 1: The original thread submitted.

Version 1.02: Added line breaks at the beginning and end of the steps to organize it better.

Version 1.12: Change the wording on step 1 a bit, and added an extra step, “Be sure that your suggestion isn’t already in the game.”

Version 1.13: Minor change of wording on the first step.

Version 1.23: Added another step, “Will it increase moderator workload?”

Version 1.33: Added a line suggesting that people use this form when explaining their suggestion.

Version 1.35: Removed that line.

Version 1.4: Added a comment on gun suggestions.

Version 1.41: Comment on vote kick suggestions.

Version 1.44: Gave vote kicking its very own section.

Version 1.47: Added a flow chart that was used for forums suggestions as well.
“A very good guide, thank you Spectral”

Flag Post

Aww i wanted a sticky

Flag Post

Awesome thread

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Wow Choas81!! Ur a active men! XD. Do i can ADD you?

Flag Post

Is suggestion a good idea?: Well. I dont know…. What did you guys think?

Flag Post

it is a good idea we can post our ideas and hopefully the creators well see our ideas like them and maybe put them in the game when ever they update it 8/

Flag Post
Originally posted by tacken11:

it is a good idea we can post our ideas and hopefully the creators well see our ideas like them and maybe put them in the game when ever they update it 8/

This game is getting an update in about 1-2 weeks.
Sources: Skye Boyes [XGen Founder]

Flag Post

i want hand grenades i hate campers

Flag Post

grenades w

Originally posted by GenCarter:

grenades will never happen

Flag Post

Did you even read this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Choas81:

Did you even read this?

the whole thread wuz a waste lololololol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by asgfgh:

Did you even read this?

I bet you didn’t read it, that’s why. Also, don’t go saying it’s a waste after you read it.

Flag Post

Did you even read this?

I bet you didn’t read it, that’s why. Also, don’t go saying it’s a waste after you read it.

its a waste because no1 read it

Flag Post

Did you even read this?

How did I know you were going to say that…?

Want proof it’s not a waste. Quotes:
“I don’t see anything missing. Great guide.” – Critism
“Very good job. You just summed it up right there.” -NARPAS SWORD
“Nice Job On Getting It Sticked.
Maybe This Could Help Out The New Forum Posters.”-Pimpin
“You got it all in this one thread. Nice job!”-JKDFI (Action)
“Yeah its a good guide” -Atomtothebomb
“ood guide. I love how you said that a pro came in and slaughtered all the noobs. XD” -SuperPirateCupcake (SPC)
“Good job on this”-F33R
Don’t believe me? Go here:
http://forums.xgenstudios.com/showthread.php?168075-quot-Is-this-suggestion-a-good-idea-quot

Flag Post

Did you even read this?

“Very good job. You just summed it up right there.” NARPAS SWORD
“You got it all in this one thread. Nice job!”
JKDFI (Action)
“ood guide. I love how you said that a pro came in and slaughtered all the noobs. XD” -SuperPirateCupcake (SPC)
“Good job on this”-F33R
http://forums.xgenstudios.com/showthread.php?168075-quot-Is-this-suggestion-a-good-idea-quot

Don’t waste time on Kong users. most likely they won’t listen to Xgen Studios’ forums.

Flag Post

Well, i am listening to xgen’s forums and grenades are a good idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PeaceMaker365:

Well, i am listening to xgen’s forums and grenades are a good idea.

“Think about your suggestion. Does it make sense?
Most of us are going to want logical ideas that make sense and works with the game, not against it. For example, some people have ideas about exclusive spinners being released on say, a Christian holiday. This idea will not go through simply because of the fact that there is more than one religion in the world, and most religions do not have the same holidays as the Christian religion does. Please take time to think about your suggestion.”
You read the first 4 words of this thread and said, “Phht i wan gernadez.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lusiwang:

Did you even read this?

JKDFI (Action)
“Good job on this”-F33R

Don’t waste time on Kong users. most likely they won’t listen to Xgen Studios’ forums.

yeah chaos! didnt u learn anything?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lusiwang:

Did you even read this?

JKDFI (Action)
“Good job on this”-F33R

yeah chaos! didnt u learn anything?

Apparently Chaos learned nothing.
But Choas learned something.

Flag Post

The reason the administrators aren’t doing anything is because this is a poop idea.

lol a poop idea? dont bring poop in this

Flag Post

Did you even read this?

i read it ._.

Flag Post

so think first then type

Flag Post
Originally posted by fw22:

so think first then type

thinking… wutsh iz dish?

Flag Post

lol doesn’t need grenades it needs land mines! 3/5 because of it >:D