[Zombies Online] Why don't doctors heal?

40 posts

Flag Post

Well, the title says it all. I have met a lot of doctors that have no idea how to heal, or they do and choose not to. It’s very frustrating when you are yelling at them IN CAPS to heal and they don’t do anything. Don’t say its because they don’t have energy, BECAUSE THEY HAVE FULL ENERGY, and they still choose to do nothing about our health?

I also have a friend who said he played for a month and said no one knows what they are doing. I have played for 2-3 days to figure this out and it is getting on my nerves. Almost no one knows what they are doing on this game I swear…

Flag Post

These medics must be douche bags or just plain retards. I played for 2-3 days also and its fairly easy. Plus when you say “BECAUSE THEY HAVE FULL ENERGY, and they still choose to do nothing about our health?” They are just failures at games. I play games regularly for 10 mins a day and its easy to understand. Also because they dont know how to craft SKILLS

Flag Post

same here!BG always use gun!Rangers always use melee!

Flag Post

Either they dont have any skill trained up or they are just stupid.
I’m a doctor and I work my best to keep the whole squad at full hp. I failed sometimes because the squadmates just keep dragging a punch of ELITE enemies, I can’t handle that.

Flag Post

Oh and I spam group heal like mad but still…

Flag Post

hey man, during my 1st 2 day, i don’t know anything about skills, only used screws to get bullets and shoots and i thought that is the only skills… not everyone know what to do in the game man

Flag Post

me too.

1st week of my gameplay, I didn’t know how to craft skill, hire friens or using boss finder.

And really waste my gems.

This game is really lack of user-friendly.

Flag Post

They are justs kids that don’t take the game too seriously. They are like: “OMG CLICK TO ATTACK RUN IF LOW HEALTH, THE COOLEST THE ITEM THE STRONG IT IS”

Flag Post

:/ I just don’t understand WHY they won’t heal. I wish I could get an answer.

Flag Post

As a doctor, I must say 2 things:
First, nearly no shit is explained in the beginning of the game. It’s up to yourself to figure how healing others works… Granted, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to get it, but the screen is so confusing some beginner doctors might think they are actually healing teammates when they aren’t. I can agree that docs who still mess up at healing at Calavera Ant have a serious problem, though.
Second, MP goes down in a blink. When fighting alone, I pick my battles carefully, because fighting one too many opponent will leave me MPless, and thus, HPless. That can’t be said of what I’ve encountered in groups who aggro 3 elite monsters at the same time. “YES, I have full MP for the moment, NO, I won’t cast Quick Heal and Group Heal continuously because that will take all my goddamn MP”, that’s what I would like to say to them. Normally a doc should only cast Mend on the tank, and occasionally an additional heal spell, so that going through the dungeons doesn’t become a life-or-death battle at every goon you encounter.

Flag Post

I make it a point to heal my teammates whenever they need it, but I’m not a babysitter. If they’re running around and being wasteful just because they have someone to patch them up, they deserve to get their ass handed to them.

Quick heal recharges the fastest, but it is very ineffective compared to group heal or mend (costs more than mend, heals less than half of that, while group heal recovers almost three times as much as quick heal, and affects the entire party), so I usually just stick to the latter two unless it’s an emergency.

Flag Post

I agree, I’m a doctor because of the hp problems, which aren’t so bad or great. Cant get good teams. So, I SPAM MY BUTT ON HEALING TEAMMATES ON BOSSES 50K TIMES and the other healer is just rushing in also…

Flag Post

Oi, same sh*t different game.

Let the doctors be. If they don’t heal you, it’s of their own volition. And by the way, note to any body guards and hunters, shouting at medics will NOT get the to work better/faster as is previously thought. It’s only counterproductive to your argument.

And Cimeries, I agree wholeheartedly with you sir. If they’re wasting their own life because they have a medic, they don’t deserve to live. Hell, often enough when I’m on a team, even though I’m a HUNTER with low HP and armor, I still take care of my OWN healing most of the time. If an endurance-weak hunter can survive without a medic holding his hand, why the hell can’t the rest of you?

Seriously, this is just a post complaining about medics who do their own thing. To all medics who read this post, disregard the foolishness. If you wanna heal someone, heal them only if you wish, or just heal yourself. Either way, play how you want, not how your peers wants. Medics are an important part of MMO’s, so ignore their CAPS ridden pleas and their misspelled beggings of ‘pl0x’ and ‘halp’.

PS. Shame on you Orngeblu for starting such an unneeded and totally misguided forum post. Tch.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ErifFieri:

Oi, same sh*t different game.

Let the doctors be. If they don’t heal you, it’s of their own volition. And by the way, note to any body guards and hunters, shouting at medics will NOT get the to work better/faster as is previously thought. It’s only counterproductive to your argument.

And Cimeries, I agree wholeheartedly with you sir. If they’re wasting their own life because they have a medic, they don’t deserve to live. Hell, often enough when I’m on a team, even though I’m a HUNTER with low HP and armor, I still take care of my OWN healing most of the time. If an endurance-weak hunter can survive without a medic holding his hand, why the hell can’t the rest of you?

Seriously, this is just a post complaining about medics who do their own thing. To all medics who read this post, disregard the foolishness. If you wanna heal someone, heal them only if you wish, or just heal yourself. Either way, play how you want, not how your peers wants. Medics are an important part of MMO’s, so ignore their CAPS ridden pleas and their misspelled beggings of ‘pl0x’ and ‘halp’.

PS. Shame on you Orngeblu for starting such an unneeded and totally misguided forum post. Tch.

Its called teamwork. I’m up there tanking and taking ALL the damage, taunting to keep all the enemies off the docs and they don’t heal me. Your telling them to do whatever they want? The point of doctors is to heal also and you are telling them to do what they want.

I can’t fight if I don’t get healed. I’m a Body Guard, I am meant for taking damage but I can’t take too much damage. If its an elite, I need a team. I take damage for my team so they don’t have to. Docs have low armor and low HP, so if I don’t protect them, they’ll die very easily. For your information I am fighting ELITES in DANGER ZONES. It’s meant to play with a team. Another thing, if I don’t get healed, I die, in return…THEY DIE BECAUSE NO ONE IS THERE PROTECTING THEM. Got it? The docs who don’t heal are the foolish ones. I dare you to go fight an elite with 1 level lower or even same level without healing with bandages or using any item. You can use skills. Do that then come back.

I can solo them just fine if they aren’t elites.

Flag Post

Well, why are you taunting all the enemies when doctors aren’t helping you? If they won’t help you, don’t help them. And an easier way to fight is to lure out one enemy and just kill them off one by one. The cpus aren’t that smart and killing elite will be much easier. I know that doctors are supposed to heal, but that doesn’t mean that they have to heal you. You’re not supposed to entirely rely on doctors. Carry more bandages, learn new skills, and use explosives. That will reduce the chances of dying. Yelling at doctors will just make them ignore you even more. If they don’t want to help, find some other group. You can make up a group with just reliable friends that will actually help.

• And medics, don’t heal people when they just charge straight into battle. Let them die.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danny3153:

Well, why are you taunting all the enemies when doctors aren’t helping you? If they won’t help you, don’t help them. And an easier way to fight is to lure out one enemy and just kill them off one by one. The cpus aren’t that smart and killing elite will be much easier. I know that doctors are supposed to heal, but that doesn’t mean that they have to heal you. You’re not supposed to entirely rely on doctors. Carry more bandages, learn new skills, and use explosives. That will reduce the chances of dying. Yelling at doctors will just make them ignore you even more. If they don’t want to help, find some other group. You can make up a group with just reliable friends that will actually help.

• And medics, don’t heal people when they just charge straight into battle. Let them die.

Because I expected them to heal, but it turns out they won’t so… I DO kill them 1 by 1 with my team members. Killing an Elite alone…impossible. Especially 1 by 1.

I know that doctors are supposed to heal, but that doesn’t mean that they have to heal you. You’re not supposed to entirely rely on doctors.

Well, if they don’t heal me…its their fault we lost. :) Also, for your information I have to wait for cool down on my bandages, and I am not going to waste my bandages when I could be healed by a doctor WITH FULL ENERGY and he isn’t even healing himself. Whats the problem with healing me? What did I ever do NOT to get healed? That’s the WORST strategy ever not to heal your team mates.

Flag Post

Medic skills have a cooldown too (especially the good one, group heal).
If you attract too many enemies at once, or have two or more enemies attacking two or more players, one doc isn’t going to be able to keep up with you even if he wanted to.
In a situation like that a medic might be able to hold the fight if he chugs energy drinks like crazy and resorts to using quick heal, and that begs the question, why should the doc use comestibles to heal YOU when you are perfectly capable of making and carrying your own meds?

In other words: Can’t find an agreeable doc? Play one yourself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cimeries7:

Medic skills have a cooldown too (especially the good one, group heal).
If you attract too many enemies at once, or have two or more enemies attacking two or more players, one doc isn’t going to be able to keep up with you even if he wanted to.
In a situation like that a medic might be able to hold the fight if he chugs energy drinks like crazy and resorts to using quick heal, and that begs the question, why should the doc use comestibles to heal YOU when you are perfectly capable of making and carrying your own meds?

In other words: Can’t find an agreeable doc? Play one yourself.

sigh No one understands.

He has full energy. He’s not healing anyone. Not even himself.

I am sure docs aren’t hard. At least I would heal my team mates unlike some other people.

I’m not yelling at these people either.

Flag Post

In that case he’s an idiot, find another doc to play with like someone else suggested. ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cimeries7:

In that case he’s an idiot, find another doc to play with like someone else suggested. ^^

I do.

Flag Post

Then make a damn doc and play as one yourself fruit cake. This post is still a waste, and you guys are still being annoying to the docs. If they wish to be lazy, let them. If you want/need a doc, make one, or be one. But don’t bitch to one. Or for that matter, the rest of us as well.

Flag Post

I am a doc and today i left red hot after 2nd boss, because i had to spend ~10 energy drinks during boss fight and I had big problems to heal the tank that he will survive. 2nd doc done absolutly nothing, full energy, only shooting. Hunter never spiked. It’s unbelieveable how such players made it lvl30+.

Flag Post
Originally posted by janzen85:

I am a doc and today i left red hot after 2nd boss, because i had to spend ~10 energy drinks during boss fight and I had big problems to heal the tank that he will survive. 2nd doc done absolutly nothing, full energy, only shooting. Hunter never spiked. It’s unbelieveable how such players made it lvl30+.

I agree, most of those terrible players seem to be from facebook, since this is a gaming website most are better here.

I am a BG with half epic gear and only did Red Hot once. It was apparent to me on the 2nd boss that I had to kite him while holding aggro and we did fine/beat the entire instance no problem.

If you want you can add me, The Beast – A131

Flag Post

I am still a beginner who played with all classes: BG, Hunter, Doctor.

- I have to quit Don’s quest 5 times to find the right team (I don’t give up on people easily. Now I feel silly for that.)
Doctors refusing to heal despite full MP, BG refusing to tank even at full health, everyone afraid slightly-higher level hunter may ‘kill-steal’ wanting the hunter to lead the charge…If team starts displaying such behaviour, just quit and find another team.
- Everyone serious about boss fight must stock up on super items and bandage at least. Spend some time breaking crates on island should give enough nuts and cloth. If you never share supplies with complete strangers, don’t ever expect they will share theirs with you. If you see a team that is stingy with items, its a warning sign…
- In heat of combat, bulk of healing should be from bandage. Doctor can patch you in emergency during long bandage cooldown. (Correct me if wrong) Doctor’s heal recover around 20% of max hp, mend is 50% slowly over time. Heal may have fast cooldown but has high EN-to-HP-recovered cost. Team should not over-rely on it, else you will see Doctors run out of EN very very fast.
- If its safe, Doctors can help members save bandages. Feel free to spam healing.
- Hunter refrain from wasting EN on less effective skills, recharge the doctor. Doctors should note that recharge skill has 1.5min cooldown (the Hunter may be waiting for cooldown, not that he doesn’t want to help).
- There is a remote chance they are not English speakers. If they are intuitively good team players (able to read your move, plays his part) its still ok. It will be tough planning more advanced strategy though.

+ Some Doctors have bad experience of enemies changing target and start chasing them. They may want to store healing skills in case this happens…….For Doctors who experienced this please continue reading below (and please stop hoarding heals)…

If enemies start chasing Doctors, its time for run-n-kite.
Doctor excel at run-and-kite. Enemies waste their area attacks while chasing. You have reduced the heat on other members. Hunters and BG can do their best in dishing out high damage in peace. Doctor’s DPM is poor compared to other classes, might as well help by kiting.
Hunters can run-and-kite too, but it wastes their chance to cause damage with their higher ranged-DPM.

Doctors can use their own bandage too(the game doesn’t restrict Doctors from crafting bandages, duh!). Using energy drink then heal cost 2 moves, healing is also an inefficient skill.

On Hunters using melee weapon (same for BG using guns): some hunter has ranged weapon against one type (ex unarmoured), melee against other (armoured/mech). They will switch weapon according to enemy type. Another case is when the hunter got better melee weapon blueprint (those blasted blueprints cost a bomb!!! Cash is so hard to earn!!!). He made a higher DPM melee weapon. He will use Skills with guns, but dish out main damage with melee weapon. BUT if your hunter partner never ever uses a Skill and stubbornly uses melee weapon……I am lost for words.

Flag Post

I’m a BG.
I’ve played with a lad (not a BG ofcourse) that was always yell “use Taunt! use Taunt !”, while I always taunt whenever I can, and only cooldown that stop me from doing that, and that was so annoying.
The thing is, if u’re in team, use your skill to maintain your team to the highest. After that, please try to understand other if not doing that (things like cooldown etc). And if u’re playing with others that’s not comparable-to-your-mighty-skill :P, just play for fun, or if u cant stand it just form a new team, it helps u keep your nerves calm :P.