[WarMage Battlegrounds] Suggestions

17 posts

Flag Post

If you have any suggestions that you think will help improve the game and it’s gameplay, post them here.

My Suggestion(s):

- There should be a minimize chat button, that way it isn’t in the way during battles/gameplay when I’m not primarily chatting. (Note: I am aware that you can minimize the size of the chat, I am requesting that you [developers] add a button that completely minimizes that feature into one little button).

Flag Post

Hi Richard545! Thank you for the feedback. We will look into this as an option.
~ thia ~

Flag Post

A “Warn” function to notify players to click “Ready”. I find it really annoying that when I am looking for a new battle, I get the same player who is just away from keyboard.

Also, a fullscreen option would be nice.

Flag Post

Hi Aramel!

Thank you for your feedback. We will into these!

~ thia ~

Flag Post

u should add:
1. heroes different for every race
2. skillpoints 4 every unit + heroes
3. more different scenarios
4. spellbooks 4 every unit
5. skillthree 4 every unit
6. more races at the beginning (not just humans)

Flag Post

I wanted to follow up with Richard545 in case he’ll see this :) Richard, we have added the ability to completely minimizes the chat!

Chain, thanks for the feedback! We’ll look into these.

~ thia ~

Flag Post

Seriously, remove inactive guys somehow, i can’t play a pvp match for 2 days, all i find is another Guest_with_numbers who’ll never become ready.

Flag Post

More species choices not only human male/female

Flag Post

Hi Avataristche – this is something we are working on!

Howdy Colgar! We are working on additional WarMage portrait options.

On both of these, we don’t have a timeframe, but they are definitely being worked on.

Thank you for the feedback!
~ thia ~

Flag Post

Great game you guys got going here. I’m a huge fan of the hex based turn based strategy games. There are some issues you have with the UI that are problematic. Let me start with a detailed list of the issues.

Movement: Pathing is horrible, and walking one hex at a time to over come this is not going to keep casual players around. Not sure what is possible on your end, but perhaps allowing the players to path their movement by dragging the mouse cursor over spots to path them would help alot.

Camera: When fighting AI and Players and an enemy caster targets a unit off the screen and shoots it, you will miss it unless you manually zoom over to his target. Having a camera lock or auto zoom to the intended target to see the damage would help.

Battle Unit Info: Currently browsing the units and looking at their stats is… how do I put this politely… PAINFUL! Why are the stats broken up into so many fields? and drop tabs to see it is just not the way to go. A comparison chart, racial page with all units displayed with stats organized underneath would be awesome. Or perhaps using the right side of the screen to display all stats. Look at Age of Wonders Shadow Magic (I assume you guys played that seeing as the music and style of game is so similiar). Their stats are easy to access, not built around clicking on a little blue I icon, and then going through a horrible drop tab display.

Also for beta is their a way to get more gold? The prices are too high for testing purposes. How am I supposed to try out different races when it might take me a week of doing challenges to unlock 1 unit?

Just some thoughts. Battle for Wesnoth has a really good system as well for displaying info, and UI that is easy. Try to bring some elements from games like that to this one and you got a keeper!

Oxll.

Flag Post

Hi Oxll – thank you for the great post! I’ve taken note of it and we will review it as a team and see what we can do. Thank you again for taking the time to share this feedback with us. ~ thia ~

Flag Post

I was pretty excited when I loaded this game up, the hex, turn-based strategy style has potential to be so much fun in a game. I started playing and was immediately turned off a little by the character creation, albeit an unimportant feature regarding game play, the time it requires to cycle through the different aesthetic features was disheartening. Despite this initial push off I decided to proceed with the character creation and see what the game play was actually like. It was fun, there are some minor improvements here and there to the battle mechanics but nothing too glaring and apparent variability in squads, spells, and maps make me believe that there is some decent depth to the game that will allow a large difference in skill based off of understanding and utilization of game mechanics. A big plus there, strategy is after all the best part of a strategy game. After finishing the tutorial I did some looking around through the game and noticed that the shop items had an option to buy with burst coins or gold. Awesome, I love the ability for someone to improve quickly by contributing to the developers while still enabling those who may want to enjoy the product but aren’t able to buy in at the time to still be able to access the depth of the game…even if at a slower pace. Afterall, my general rule is take a while, play through a game, grind a bit if you have to, and then if the game is still entertaining to you it deserves your financial contribution.

So I began trying to grind away, figured I’ll complete some AI battles to get used to the game and then try out the PvP aspect of it. Suddenly, things took a turn for the worse, the starting warmages seemed sub par (which I honestly expected) but I wasn’t receiving any gold from the fights. So I thought perhaps the game was centered around PvP, which isn’t my preference but I was willing to try it out. I then proceeded to try out some PvP matches, still no gold…. the only thing that I was receiving gold for was completing achievements and challenges. On top of that it appears that there is only one daily challenge that resets (given that no others mention anything about daily completion) and the challenges don’t provide any repeat value for redoing them today.

Now, I may perhaps be missing something about the game but as a new player I feel zero compulsion to continue trying to play this game, especially not to contribute any money to the game. Looking through it, I believe that if I were to progress farther into the game then things would become a little less of a chore and more fun (compared to the results given) but very few people are going to be interested (in my opinion) in trying to break through the brick wall the developers set up for new players.

As it is now, this game appears to be 99.9% pay to play and I personally am not willing to give my money to a product that I have not been given the opportunity to really test any. I would be very interested in hearing back from veteran players or developers and what I may have missed in this game to make it worth my time and money, or perhaps if there are plans in place to make appropriate adjustments. Of course I will continue playing for a week or two to see if things get better in the game with more time, I guess we’ll see…

Flag Post

Hi joacim1 – thank you for the feedback. I want to say that we have noted your feedback and will review it as a team but can provide some comments.

Regarding Character Creation: We are looking at ways to improve this process.

Regarding Earning Gold: We are working on additional ways to earn Gold. We’re adding 6 new dailies in 1.7 and continue to work on more.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is greatly appreciated!

~ thia ~

Flag Post

Can you make it so it shows Coins as the default instead of Burst Coins? Just that I’ve seen several people say that coins can be used for nothing and you need burst coins.

Flag Post

Thank you for your reply burst…I look forward to seeing what lies in wait for this game. Will be keeping an eye on things… I will say as an amendment to my previous post where I commented on the one quest being marked as daily I shortly thereafter discovered that all of the bounty quests are reset every 24 hours. Good to know that at least :)

edit: in regards to the character creation, I think the best way to streamline that feature would be to allow the selection menus to simply choose between different styles and then have a color selection option that is separate. That should allow people to quickly see the different styles and then choose their color preference.

Flag Post

Oxll and joacim1 – I wanted to follow up and let you know that with the release of 1.7, hopefully a part of your feedback has been addressed. We’ve added a new Starter Gift for all new players. This gift was provided to everyone who had already started playing as well. This should help you get started with trying out some new things. Additionally, we’ve added six new daily bounties that can be completed once every 24 hours that should help you earn more Gold as well.

We have lots more in the works but wanted to follow up with this small update. You can read full 1.7 update notes in our other post on the forums here.

~ thia ~

Flag Post

I think that the starting package is great, it allows for individualization for each new player, however, my question is on why were the daily bounties changed to ranked matches only? Also, knowing that there is a lot of development left to be addressed in this game then why are so many of the added items in the game with this update aesthetic items for character customization? Yes, people enjoy the ability to make their character’s avatar unique, but shouldn’t gameplay come first? Of course the top item here to be considered, in my opinion, is the different race options, currently it is only humans who are available, however in the shop you have the option of purchasing sooo many different races artifact chests. Not to mention that the price for race specific artifact chests are so much higher than the general chest. However, why would I waste gold or burstcoins on the artifact chest when I have such a high likelihood that I will not be able to use what I get from it…

The added bounties for challenge completions are great, however with them specific to the higher difficulties on the challenges it does appeal much more to the veteran player than the new.

All in all, some things are good with this new update, but in the end it made it even harder for new players to continue collecting money to find their place in the game. I’m not sure why you guys are making it so hard for the new player to get a foothold in the game. It would make much more sense to me, for example, to make the challenges reset daily or at the very least weekly with scaled rewards…or if you want to take the route of making it bounty completions for the challenges just adding in the easy and normal difficulty with lower rewards…however in my mind that appears to be double coding requirements as compared to just making the challenges themselves reset daily. This allows the veteran player the option of “farming” the higher difficulty challenges for better rewards while the new player who may only be able to reliably complete the easy and normal challenge still have the option of progressing until they find the right set-up for them.

I appreciate that you guys are working towards addressing our concerns and as it seems you guys are really trying to stress strategy rather than just farming. My opinion is just that you could probably appeal to a larger player base if you allowed a little more grind for progression so that people have a greater chance of really getting into the game. I really want to play the game and if the game develops further into my hoped for image I see myself making it a larger part of my gaming time. Thanks burst, I look forward to watching the game develop more.