[Redshift] Q&A Thread

37 posts

Flag Post

Instead of clogging up the forums and creating new threads for each question, feel free to post game related question in this thread. When answering a question, be sure to quote it for clarity. Furthermore, please keep questions about bugs & glitches,updates and suggestions in their respective threads.

I will start of by asking if anyone knows the correlation between armor and HP. Right now I can’t exactly figure out the correlation between the two. So like how many armor points = 1HP?

Flag Post

Lovely topic Merkavah, I did a little editing of adding in the hyperlinks to direct players to those topics.

Flag Post

well, maybe i wasnt being clear in my thread about tech help..
so ill go ahead and delete it, since that was supposed to be like this.

Flag Post

i heard each pt of shield blocks 0.007% damage but

why does the fight log show the same weapon doing variable damage but the shields blocking constant damage?

it seems that weapons does variable damage and not fixed as shown in hanger and shields block fixed amount and not %. or the log is bugged or wrong

Flag Post

Can someone tell me what’s the last mission so I don’t get locked at lv 20 with no farming capabilities. I am on these 3 mission where it gives 7k credits each and I recently got the “Dellice Compressor”. I am also level 19 and soon to be level 20. Oh and which mission should i keep to farm?

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

Can someone tell me what’s the last mission so I don’t get locked at lv 20 with no farming capabilities.

try Cap cat´s “storyline”

Flag Post

However with Capcat’s “storyline” is it in order? I will check it now, Thanks.

Flag Post

not sure… i think he said something about it, going from start to end..
so it wouldnt make sense not to have it in order :=)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Evilspawn:

not sure… i think he said something about it, going from start to end..
so it wouldnt make sense not to have it in order :=)

I said that because the last missions at the bottom only offers 100Xp and 100 ish credits so I was wondering.

But before those noobie missions at the bottom of the page I saw “Plating the game” + “We will see” but those are not the last missions (As I got others after). However I do have a bounty hunting V mission still to do so I could keep the bounty hunting missions so I wouldn’t be lv 20 locked of farming Ai’s for credits?

I see in the bounty hunting missions after bounty hunting V mission which I have yet to do their’s,

Name: Bounty Hunting V
Reward: 400XP/2000 Credits/Vesperia Plating

Name: Bounty Hunting VI
Rewards: 480XP/2400 Credits/U-238 “Birdshot” Cannon

Name: Bounty Hunting VII
Rewards: 5660XP/2800 Credits/Tachyon Shield

Name: Bounty Hunting VIII
Rewards: 700XP/3500 Credits/Hukkbreacher

Name: Bounty Hunting IX
Rewards: 2500XP/20,000 Credits/Aegis Shield Generator

So I will stall on the Bounty Missions and farm. :D

Flag Post

From the forum…

Sorry if its a stupid question but what does tracking do?

Originally posted by Merkavah:

Tracking is basically accuracy. The higher your tracking the less you’ll miss your opponent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BenchBreaker:

i heard each pt of shield blocks 0.007% damage but

why does the fight log show the same weapon doing variable damage but the shields blocking constant damage?

it seems that weapons does variable damage and not fixed as shown in hanger and shields block fixed amount and not %. or the log is bugged or wrong

Shield effectiveness (if the tooltip is correct) appears to be calculated as follows:

Depending on your level, you will have what I will call an “AP” score. (That this is based only on level is speculative, but it would make sense to me. It is at least true for evenly-matched levels between attacker and defender.) This is 14 for level 19 and 16 for level 20.
Let x = attacker’s AP / defender’s shield. The shield then blocks 100% * x% / (100% + x%) damage.

The effect of this is to increase your effective HP, relative to 0 shield, by x%. So in a level 20 vs. level 20 battle, a ship with 1600 shield will be twice as durable as one with 0 shield, a ship with 3200 shield will be three times as durable as one with 0 shield, and so on.

Flag Post

As far as optimization goes:

1 point of shield increases your EHP by 1% / attacker’s AP, or 0.01 * base hp / attacker’s AP.
1 point of base HP increases your EHP by 1 * (100% + x%).

At, say, 2000 shield and 1600 hp, these are 1 and 2.25 respectively. So 1 point of hp is worth just over twice as much as 1 point of shield.

Flag Post

What happens when you kill another player? Do you gain anything? Does the victim lose anything? Is there any concept of reputation or bounty?

Is there any restriction on you you may attack?

Just trying to figure out if there’s some reason other than griefing that people like to kill weaker players.

Thanks,
GD

Flag Post

If you destroy another player in PvP you gain Infamy + Fleet ratings (If you’re in a Fleet) + Credits + XP + Dog Tags, The opponent will lose Infamy. Their is a restriction as you can only attack those of a level difference of 2, Example: You are level 10, You can only attack players who are level 8-12.

Flag Post

Thanks for the info! I think you also get dog tags. It sounds like the victim doesn’t lose anything other than infamy and their repair cost.

Flag Post

I’ve heard people talking about “saving” missions or something, so you can keep farming them. Can someone tell me how this works?

Flag Post
Originally posted by frederick795:

I’ve heard people talking about “saving” missions or something, so you can keep farming them. Can someone tell me how this works?

When you get a mission, Complete it (Do not go and dock with the space station) then go to your missions tab and cancel the mission. Once doing this you will have to do the mission all over again their for farming the mission over and over for credits/XP (Farm the ones where you have to kill alot of bots like “Reap what you sow”). :D

Flag Post

Do you need anything special to mine green asteroids?
By special I mean certain research or weapons
Because I’ve come across them twice but “mine” doesn’t appear as an option :(
(Mining normal asteroids works fine BTW)
And by green I mean green on the minimap

Flag Post

What are the fleets? I can check the wiki, but I heard that it’s empty.

Flag Post

Nope, Just use your normal mining attack.
Originally posted by Marine851:

Fleets just means an alliance (With players which there is 1 leader and 50 max member slots) which will become very important in the following updates soon to come.

Flag Post

Nope, Just use your normal mining attack.
Originally posted by Marine851:

Fleets just means an alliance (With players which there is 1 leader and 50 max member slots) which will become very important in the following updates soon to come.

Should I join one or start one now?

Flag Post

How do i increase my weaponproduction? Is it possible to do for free?

Flag Post

Should I join one or start one now?

At this stage in the game it’s too late to make one as all the good players are already in the top Fleets so therefore join a Fleet.
Originally posted by ArchangelThyrael:

How do i increase my weaponproduction? Is it possible to do for free?

What do you mean, Are you talking about the production skills needed to craft weapons in the manufacturing facility? If so you will have to train your manufacturing skills needed in the training skills panel.

Flag Post

Yeah exactly. Thanks for the help!

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArchangelThyrael:

Yeah exactly. Thanks for the help!

No problemo, If you have any more questions just ask okey. :D