[Afterwind] Explanation about game not being free

23 posts

Flag Post

1. Devs need to spend money on host,domain.
2. Devs need to gain profit as well,like all games.
3.have you ever seen online game that everything is free there?
4. Every one likes money : )

 
Flag Post

Games are to make money.But i agree, i hate when idiots complain about the game is not free when the game needs it to keep active.

 
Flag Post

We love making games – it’s almost as much fun as playing them. But let’s be realistic: would you spend two years developing a game and then continue supporting it (with your attention required pretty much every day), paying for the server, etc. – only to release it for free and still get nasty comments from people who didn’t like it? Not very rewarding, isn’t it?

I don’t understand it – as it is now, the game is essentially free. Sure, you can’t start Whole world games – but you can still join them, or start a Eurasia game (almost as good). Same with creating own scenarios – hardly something essential. What else? 3 new strategies (no extra advantage) and 1 new unit (not regarded as terribly useful). My point is, all of it is extra stuff, and you can easily play the game for free for as long as you like. There are no roadblocks anywhere. Oh well.

 
Flag Post

Don’t let yourself get down, ivan.Whenever there is a game having ANY sort of kred payment involved a hoard of mindless people come to it and complain that they want it for free.Don’t let yourself be pulled down by these mindless users who do not even look at the game correctly and simply moan, because there is payment involved.(For entirely optional things as you said)

These people don’t realise all those facts,that you have to pay the servers,that you have to continue working on it and need some money to live your life,etc. They simply complain because they like to complain.

Anyhow,the game is great as it is and I like it a lot.Sure,it’s not perfect, but it’s very good and I like it a lot.Don’t let the idiots make you feel bad!

 
Flag Post

@ MewThree I agree completely. now, why don’t we have a “like” botton so i can “like” your comment? i am going to go complain uselessly to a bunch of people who don’t care because the product is already superb. c-ya.

 
Flag Post

you are allright i also hate when people complain about it but this game is the best game i played on kongregate

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by IffBeaFate:

@ MewThree I agree completely. now, why don’t we have a “like” botton so i can “like” your comment? i am going to go complain uselessly to a bunch of people who don’t care because the product is already superb. c-ya.

Thanks.I just feelt like having to make that post since ivan was being completely cornered by people who are here only to complain.I agree,it really is a great game :D

 
Flag Post

I agree with units troops and strategys no being free but not making a whole world?
and yesterday I bought the anti air and today I gotta pay for them I want my sp back…

 
Flag Post

I understand that the game needs to make profit but you are asking for alot of money You are asking for abot 20 dollars I payed 36 dollars for assasins creed II 29 for skyrim and 5 dollars for Medieval II Total War
Dont you think your asking a bit too much?
Thats the problem with the most games in kong they are just too expensive
I would have no problem paying 12 dollars for it as well as I wouldnt have problems paying for most of the games on kong if they would just lower they’re price
Still best game I’ve played on kong but I would like to see the price drop a bit.

 
Flag Post

Current price of the lifetime subscription (full package) is 120 Kreds – I believe that’s about 12 dollars?

 
Flag Post

yes but you have to pay about 20 to get 200 kreds because of the package
If I had another game in mind and it would be a total value of 200 or near I would buy but this seemed like the only game ever on kong worth it
still I buy this game but I think that the overall price its a bit high because already saw some really good games with really good prices
it brings the question: Sell many at a low price, or sell few at a high price?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by miguelaco:

yes but you have to pay about 20 to get 200 kreds because of the package

(…) but I think that the overall price its a bit high because already saw some really good games with really good prices

He’s got a point. And even if you’re not gonna lower it to, say, 5 bucks, Ivan, it’s still worth thinking about lowering it to $11. That way, one can buy the $10 Kred pack, getting $10+1 worth of kreds been able to buy the full game.
Also, it’d be a good idea to consider some other set of extra features for another fee or something with a recurring fee; otherwise you might eventually bankrupt (because you’re paying for a dedicated server, from time to time) if you don’t get tons of new paying players every year.

 
Flag Post

Or you could just buy the $10 package, and do one of the free offers. You can get 50 Kreds for almost no work that way, with one of them, taking ~10 minutes.

 
Flag Post

dont complain about premium, i pay it when it was 100% and now is 50%
please stop complaining about premium :D
this game deserves money,
free vs premium = 50% chances to premium,50% chances to free player, being a premium has no effect on the game.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Tunder3:

dont complain about premium, i pay it when it was 100% and now is 50%
please stop complaining about premium :D
this game deserves money,
free vs premium = 50% chances to premium,50% chances to free player, being a premium has no effect on the game.

This post makes no sense.
Also, I beat you in a 2 v 2 match, Tunder.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by IvanStorm:

We love making games – it’s almost as much fun as playing them. But let’s be realistic: would you spend two years developing a game and then continue supporting it (with your attention required pretty much every day), paying for the server, etc. – only to release it for free and still get nasty comments from people who didn’t like it? Not very rewarding, isn’t it?

I don’t understand it – as it is now, the game is essentially free. Sure, you can’t start Whole world games – but you can still join them, or start a Eurasia game (almost as good). Same with creating own scenarios – hardly something essential. What else? 3 new strategies (no extra advantage) and 1 new unit (not regarded as terribly useful). My point is, all of it is extra stuff, and you can easily play the game for free for as long as you like. There are no roadblocks anywhere. Oh well.

Yes let’s be realistic, to be honest the answer your question is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS how so i know? the game that exist that do preciously that. Even one that and i am sorry if this sound callous and offensive go far beyond what you accomplish yet remain free to play.

Is this game deserving of being berated for it premium content? No not so much, it is a decent advantage but no BFG that can wipe all opponents out with one press of a button or something that multiplies the games length by a factor of 2 like so many games have.

Each side has decent ground to stand on in this case 1 far better free games exist at least in my opinion so sadly the fact this has any cost involved will in fact have it fall by the way side never to be played. Case 2 we need to make a living and is is no houe advantage and not very expensive.

 
Flag Post

are you retarded?
when do you play a 1000000000000000000% free game?
never.
this game is better than other games. and this game is free.
why not to play it? because has premium? 12 dlls are expensive?
i know games like this, in where you need to pay to play. :D
that game cost 25 dlls. and are like this.
Risk,
Defcom,
Civilisations,
Age of empires,
Allies and Axis,
Iron Hearths,
alot of games cost 25+ and are retarded
this game is free and better.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Tunder3:

are you retarded?
when do you play a 1000000000000000000% free game?
never.
this game is better than other games. and this game is free.
why not to play it? because has premium? 12 dlls are expensive?
i know games like this, in where you need to pay to play. :D
that game cost 25 dlls. and are like this.
Risk,
Defcom,
Civilisations,
Age of empires,
Allies and Axis,
Iron Hearths,
alot of games cost 25+ and are retarded
this game is free and better.

I wouldn’t say those games are retarded (well maybe a few of them are) but you do have some good points. This game is cheaper then they are and is as good if not better. Also another point is you can get probably 100+ hours of play on this game and there are many $50+ games out there that you get maybe 30 hours of “good” gameplay.

 
Flag Post

Game’s great and you’re asking a completely reasonable amount for completely non-essential items. Whiners are gonna whine. They obviously aren’t your customers anyhow. =p Love what’s being done here it rely is a great game.

 
Flag Post

I love how some people feel entitled to playing a game on a dedicated server for free, and bitch about it not being free when they charge a minimum cost to cover the expenses…

Originally posted by DaneGEROUS:
Originally posted by IvanStorm:

(…)

Even one that and i am sorry if this sound callous and offensive go far beyond what you accomplish yet remain free to play.

What game(s) are you referring to?

 
Flag Post

Ive played a dedi server were the asked for donations, They got far more in donations than they EVER did when they sold stuff. people who donated a lot were given special names and certain “special” features… but i dont think a team game would count as a special feature.

 
Flag Post

The website costed 50$ a month to run, not included the game server. they still made money

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by IvanStorm:

We love making games – it’s almost as much fun as playing them. But let’s be realistic: would you spend two years developing a game and then continue supporting it (with your attention required pretty much every day), paying for the server, etc. – only to release it for free and still get nasty comments from people who didn’t like it? Not very rewarding, isn’t it?

I don’t understand it – as it is now, the game is essentially free. Sure, you can’t start Whole world games – but you can still join them, or start a Eurasia game (almost as good). Same with creating own scenarios – hardly something essential. What else? 3 new strategies (no extra advantage) and 1 new unit (not regarded as terribly useful). My point is, all of it is extra stuff, and you can easily play the game for free for as long as you like. There are no roadblocks anywhere. Oh well.

I just wanted to comment on this saying that compared to other games I think this game is one of the most balanced yet, I enjoy the game playing for free yet I have the urge to pay so I can make whole world games! I really think you guys are doing a great job and it is my own personal dream to do what you guys have done here, Kudos to the devs and thankyou so much for the great time!