Whats better halftrack or tank?

32 posts

Flag Post

Im wondering whats better tank with upgrade or halftrack with anything?

Flag Post

Well, really it all depends on what strategy you use, but I mainly prefer a tank; they’re much more durable (at 1000 health) and their crew can’t be shot out. Oftentimes they’re my last unit still alive.

Flag Post

Halftrack is Cheaper originally but the upgrades can put it well over the cost of a Tank.

Also, the Upgrades can fit a variety of uses.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TetraXFrame:

Halftrack is Cheaper originally but the upgrades can put it well over the cost of a Tank.

By variety of uses you mean:

Field Hospital-Useless, horrifically inflated medic.
HQ-Useless, period.
AT gun-The harbinger of friendly fire, and needless to say, useless.
Mortar-Can’t operate under camnets, AKA: Useless.
Quad fifty-The only halftrack upgrade worth using, but at a higher risk than 4 individual fifties, plus a gunner.

Just my opinion.

Flag Post

I like Halftrack better than tank because without upgrades it does have better AP capabilities than the tank. Also the AT gun does not cause FF if you men are good positioned.

Flag Post

I prefer the tank, although I would recommend that you get a tank with some backup.

Like, perhaps, a half-track with the quad machine gun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Brutalized:

Opinion
Opinion
Opinion.
Opinion.
Opinion.

Just my opinion.

come here witch facts.

Flag Post

where to begin, well i think tank is better than a half-track, but if you love anti air, then youll like the half-track, but personally, i love both

Flag Post

Field Hospital-Useless, horrifically inflated medic.
HQ-Useless, period.
AT gun-The harbinger of friendly fire, and needless to say, useless.
Mortar-Can’t operate under camnets, AKA: Useless.
Quad fifty-The only halftrack upgrade worth using, but at a higher risk than 4 individual fifties, plus a gunner.

Just my opinion.

umm dude, field hospital is not useless

Flag Post

Opinion
Opinion
Opinion.
Opinion.
Opinion.

Just my opinion.

come here witch facts.

Oh, I’m sorry, is this not a forum?
I’m sorry, did the original poster not ask what the better upgrade for a halftrack/tank would be?
I’m sorry, did I not give my opinion, and openly state that they were opinions?
I’m sorry, but did everyone else not give their own opinions?

Come here witch literacy.

Originally posted by Dense_Soilder:

I find them useless because for a 22 TP cost (10+12), you could afford seven medics, that would do the exact same thing, as well as:
*Move faster
*Heal faster
*Heal themselves
*Can be given heroism
*Can be protected by structures
*Can be better used as meatshields

Flag Post

Opinion
Opinion
Opinion.
Opinion.
Opinion.

Just my opinion.

come here witch facts.

Oh, I’m sorry, is this not a forum?
I’m sorry, did the original poster not ask what the better upgrade for a halftrack/tank would be?
I’m sorry, did I not give my opinion, and openly state that they were opinions?
I’m sorry, but did everyone else not give their own opinions?

Come here witch literacy.

I find them useless because for a 22 TP cost (10+12), you could afford seven medics, that would do the exact same thing, as well as:
*Move faster
*Heal faster
*Heal themselves
*Can be given heroism
*Can be protected by structures
*Can be better used as meatshields

but that would be a waste of squad space :|

Flag Post

So buy 1 medic instead. Saves you 19 TP.

Flag Post

what if he dies? air strike? etc.? and no TP?

Flag Post

…what? The same things would apply to the halftrack medic, in which case, you would be even worse off, because you just lost 22 TP.

Flag Post

unless your a major, just start over, but im just saying, half track medics are useful

Flag Post

…what? The same things would apply to the halftrack medic, in which case, you would be even worse off, because you just lost 22 TP.

Not to mention you can’t buy another halftrack. That’s why I refrain from buying them, as there’s a high possibility that my hard-earned TPs can be wasted.

Anywho, to the original question, notice from the comments above that you’re not going to find an answer, just people’s opinions. In the truest sense, they only exceed each other at certain tasks: for example, if I want Anti-Infantry I choose the Quad Fifty, and if I want Anti-Tank, I buy a Tank. So one is not better than the other overall.

Flag Post

unless your a major, just start over, but im just saying, half track medics are useful

They cost more than normal medics, and do the same thing. I’m just saying the halftrack medic is a waste of TP.

Flag Post

wow arguing with Brutalized and Zepplid you guys got guts. anywho the one that is better is up to you I get the Halftrack at first then save up for tank.but still in my eyes neither are better you still have to have infantry support for both of them they can both can be taken out by the Antitank gun and both can do FF so stop arguing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dserra:

wow arguing with Brutalized and Zepplid you guys got guts. anywho the one that is better is up to you I get the Halftrack at first then save up for tank.but still in my eyes neither are better you still have to have infantry support for both of them they can both can be taken out by the Antitank gun and both can do FF so stop arguing.

Exactly, the only ones that don’t friendly fire your troops are the Quad fifty, the medic, and the HQ. The HQ has been proven to be bugged, and the 22 TP hospital does the same thing as a 3 TP medic.

The 25 TP Quad fifty, however, makes up for its cost. Fiftys cost 6 apiece, so the cost for four would be 24, and with a gunner attached, it’s a pretty good deal.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dserra:

Exactly, the only ones that don’t friendly fire your troops are the Quad fifty, the medic, and the HQ. The HQ has been proven to be bugged, and the 22 TP hospital does the same thing as a 3 TP medic.

The 25 TP Quad fifty, however, makes up for its cost. Fiftys cost 6 apiece, so the cost for four would be 24, and with a gunner attached, it’s a pretty good deal.

Not to mention, they can move.

Also, on your comment of no friendly fire, I’ve actualyl somehow managed to never experience friendly fire with my tank.

Might be because I keep my tank in the front and everything else near the back.

Flag Post

Well, once bottomburg unfair events show up, the tanks start losing their value. Around 5-10 brandenburgs appear on the bottom of the screen where your defenses are, and if your tanks start targetting them, everyone near the bottom is pretty screwed.

Flag Post

Well, once bottomburg unfair events show up, the tanks start losing their value. Around 5-10 brandenburgs appear on the bottom of the screen where your defenses are, and if your tanks start targetting them, everyone near the bottom is pretty screwed.

That’s why we have snipers and tanks. So that nobody makes it to the bottom to cause the bradenburgers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

That’s why we have snipers and tanks. So that nobody makes it to the bottom to cause the bradenburgers.

…Unfair events still happen with 0 flankers.

Flag Post

It’s just that he’s too incompetant to make it thus far :D

Flag Post

They cost more than normal medics, and do the same thing. I’m just saying the halftrack medic is a waste of TP.

Yes, they are a waste, you could also hide 5 medics under a cam net and still sava 2 TP!
The halftrack is a bit useless, but the HQ is quite nice, but waaay to expensive.
A tank (20 TP) is better than a halftrack with a mod (22 TP)