[Striker Superstars] Has good potential but could use a few tweaks...

11 posts

Flag Post

Striker Superstars could become one of Kongregate’s top multi-players. It’s fast-paced, fun, and accessible to novice gamers. It could use a few additions, however:

- Better matchmaking. Perhaps it’s not feasible now because of the low player-base, but as servers get more activity, matchmaking should pit players of similar rating against each other

- In-depth explanation to the games mechanics, especially stats. I can’t really see any of my stats in play on the field.

- Introduce some permanent items.

- Fix the “silhouette textures” that sometimes appear on a few players (both Human and AI).

- Some adjustments to AI, especially the 1-touch passing to human players while on offense. The AI should keep the ball for a little longer and not instantly pass it back to the Human player.

Flag Post

I would also suggest modyfing the tackling. As it is now it´s pure luck weather it works or not. Sometimes my player will activate a one-time-passing mode even though the opponent has the ball, but won´t tackle) Maybe add another button?

Flag Post

It’s not pure luck.

You have to be in the right position and have the right timing.

The one time passing activates if you are not near enough the player, making the game think you want to pass/shoot instead of tackle.

Flag Post

When I am 1 meter in front of someone that should be near enough. When I´m try to tackle someone from the front I can´t wait longer or he´s past me. Besides it doesn´t make sense that the one time passing activates when the opponent is dribbling the ball, no matter the distance.

Flag Post

You must have pretty long legs. I know I couldn’t reach a ball a meter away with my legs.

Flag Post

First: Yes. I don´t know about you but getting a ball a meter away should be possible for anyone who isn´t sitting in a wheelchair. When I make one big step to get to a ball I cover a space of 1,5m. 2,5 when I jump little.

Second: Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I meant a sliding tackle. Sorry about that. But even the normal tackles don´t sem to work good. Most of the time it´s bete to just run into the other player instead of pressing the left mouse button to tackle. Both the sliding tackle and the tackle need some work.

Also it should be possible to slide into a pass to intercept.

Flag Post

Yeah, I do agree that it doesn’t let you slide as much as I’d like..
You can only slide when an opponent actually has the ball, meaning you can’t block shots/passes by sliding, like you might in life.

(I still don’t think most people’s legs are 3 feet long) ;)

Flag Post

Yup, that´s what I mean.

(And no, they aren´t, but you are using both of you legs. Whatever)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Displonker:

Yeah, I do agree that it doesn’t let you slide as much as I’d like..
You can only slide when an opponent actually has the ball, meaning you can’t block shots/passes by sliding, like you might in life.

(I still don’t think most people’s legs are 3 feet long) ;)

uh… i blocked a lot of low passes with slides.

Flag Post

You may have, but it doesn’t let you slide if the opposing team is not in control of the ball. As far as I know, you cannot slide to get a ball that is not in possession of the opposing team. (Which is what I want to be able to do.)

Flag Post

The ability to slide at any time is something we’ll be looking at. At the moment the opposition has to be in possession. If you’re intercepting a pass with a slide, it may be that they released the ball just after you started the slide.