[Afterwind] The new update.

17 posts

Flag Post

Several people i have seen are quitting because of these new rules, id hate to see this game die because it is such a great game, is there anyway you can go back to the FREE game we all joined? your making us pay to host a game with a team setting, it sounds pretty greedy seeing as i got a message stating this game would always be free, Today i have not been able to even get in a favorable game and have fun…. This game will fail in a week if these updates aren’t reversed. I promise you you will make more money if u get less greedy and allow people to make team games, the people that already bought this refund their kreds and they will probably spend it on other upgrades, you have a great game here, this will ruin it.
Sincerely,
Mike

Flag Post

Quit whining, it’s barely any money and he could double the asking price and you’d still get more play hours for your dollar than any AAA title. If you really think it’s a great game then show a developer your support and dig out those pennies. Burger flippers can afford a 12 mate, c’mon now. Panhandle that in 30min. It’s nice we have developers who care about their projects and if they want to not SPEND MONEY to give the thing they’ve put hard work into to the world that makes them greedy? It’s a fair amount and people deserve compensation for their efforts. There’s no logic in your whining, nothing gamebreaking that you payfor and its just peanuts to get the neat features. Some people whine to whine because they like the attention.

Sincerely,
Zerachill

Flag Post

They made an excellent game, let us play for free and join any game we want for free. I can’t really see the “pretty greedy” side of this.

Flag Post

Im sorry, lemme quote this message he sent me

The game is free to play forever. There are a few exta features that you can purchase here, but they are stictly optional and just provide more variety, rather than buy you victories. It’s very important for us to keep the game fair for everyone.

I fail to see how free forever means that you get 1 game mode and have to pay for the rest, and ive only played this game for 2 days, and now that EVERYBODY is leaving i dont wanna waste 12$ on a game that is doomed to fail.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mike9780:

Im sorry, lemme quote this message he sent me

The game is free to play forever. There are a few exta features that you can purchase here, but they are stictly optional and just provide more variety, rather than buy you victories. It’s very important for us to keep the game fair for everyone.

I fail to see how free forever means that you get 1 game mode and have to pay for the rest, and ive only played this game for 2 days, and now that EVERYBODY is leaving i dont wanna waste 12$ on a game that is doomed to fail.

Is the game free? Yes. Is the game fair? Yes. Is there any game you can’t join because you refuse to pay for it? No. Is it possible to buy features that are “stictly [sic] optional and just provide more variety”, e.g. the possibility to create team games? Yes.

I fail to see how your lack of reading comprehension means that the game is doomed to fail.

PS. You get access to all game modes, you just can’t create all of them (if I’m not mistaken).

Flag Post

Yes, so if i payed for the game, and CREATED games other people could just join for free? this is stupid, and ive already seen the numbers decline

Flag Post

I think it’s generous, CONSIDERING the options.

Flag Post

Mike quit whining you are obviously either very new to the Internet or just an idiot. There are games out there that will ask for much more and people will have many more advantages. I see no problem with what is going on now and honestly I could care less, there is almost no advantage to paying in game. (no one can buy victorys) and if im not mistaken that message is still all true.

It is free to play, there are a few extra features you can purchase. The game is fair for everyone, all you can do if you pay is get one extra useless unit.

Dude, I love how fair this game is and you just need to stop crying and enjoy the game, why not thank them for there hard work and give them $12?

Flag Post

IVE ONLY PLAYED THE GAME FOR TWO DAYS, I payed 40$ for caesary stuff and than it crashed! i have plenty of kreds to spend on it(from the rebate of caesary), i just need to be sure this game will continue to go, ive already seen many many people leave.. i have no assurance that i wont get jipped off again.

Flag Post

Afterwind has been there for more than a year, a the number of players online is rising constantly. So why would it not continue ? One thing’s for sure, your whines are not going to bring it down. And I think it’s you who are are being greedy here. You have no idea how difficult it is to make such game.

Flag Post

Its not that hard. all you need is a gamemaker program. and if constantly rising is 300 players on on at a saturday.. thats not very good

Flag Post

Lol, Mike, you’re hopeless…

Flag Post

ik, but the game is falling fast

Flag Post
Originally posted by mike9780:

ik, but the game is falling fast

For having “PLAYED THE GAME FOR TWO DAYS” only you sure know a lot about this game. :D

Flag Post

this kind of games is hard to make,but you can make it in 6 months,
the hard part is this:
the turn based system.
the scripts.
the pictures and copyright,
and pay the server.
the scroll of the units.
and multiplayer system.

i try to make a game in blender. and i never fix this problem:
when i scroll the units, the world moves too, and the camara crashes.
is very hard to make 2D games on a plane, and be able to scroll the map, without moving the units.
why?
because i use to be a C+ programer, and trust me to make a similar game to afterwind is hard.
and Gamemaker sucks.

Flag Post

What is the new rule? (i’m new)

Flag Post

I don’t even know why people whine about team games anyways… you can just start a match with some buddies and pick an alliance.