[Battalion: Arena] Battalion: Arena is no more

72 posts

Flag Post

I’m very sorry to announce that yesterday, after a period of technical instability, Battalion: Arena died.

The developer (Urban Squall) got acquired by Zynga a couple years back, and so hasn’t been doing updates or maintenance of any kind. To be honest, it’s kind of a miracle that our devs have been able to keep it running as long as they did— but we’re not able to fix it this time.

We will be doing refunds for everyone who spent kreds within the last 30 days, and leaving this forum up as long as it’s still being used regularly.

I know from personal experience that it’s painful when a game you love dies, and I’ve heard great things about this game and its community.

Flag Post

tricky, as i sent to u by PM, i spent LOTS of Kreds on this game and, because of this so much buying, my account´s money got blocked.
How my problem can be solved? And how do i can get my refund?

Flag Post

Hello— As I responded via PM, we’re only able give back kreds spent within the last 30 days. Your purchases were all made a pretty long time ago, and so aren’t eligible. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Flag Post

Ok, fine then. But i want that money part of my account get unblocked, so, i can buy this nice new features of Kongregate, that with my money account block, i can’t.. >.<

Flag Post

Too bad. This game was excellent.
I recommend redirecting the former Battalion arena page, www.kongregate.com/games/urbansquall/battalion-arena, to this page instead of the Kongregate home page, so people know what happened.

Flag Post

That’s a very good idea about redirecting to this forum. In fact that’s only curtesy I’d have thought. Shame about the game though, has anyone any reccommendations for something similar?

Flag Post

Guys, Battalion Arena will come online again.
For more details, send Private Message to my profile.
That’s all what i can say for now.

Flag Post

I bought Premium and Elite and all the items in the game.

Flag Post

I notice that its being tested by kong + (Plus) if it does come back i hope i can retain my elite membership and all my items.

Flag Post

priewe, B. Arena will be back, but not on Kongregate.
Keep ur attention on this forum for more news, principally on my Thopson1m News and Other Things topic!

Flag Post

I also had an Elite account, if possible, requesting refund.

Flag Post

trickyrodent, i ask for u to not delete this forum, because i’m actually working on remake of Battalion Arena, because its creator don’t care anymore about it, so, when it be done or close, using the Beta test period, i’ll post all news here.
Also, its good to keep this Battalion Arena forum online, until 2013 beggining, so, players will have enough time to know about the New! Battalion Arena.
I ask to keep this forum online for all Kong admins and mods for until 2013’s beggining, ok?
Thx for ur attention!

Flag Post

Aww long live Battalion!

Thanks for explaining what happened, Rodent. At least now we know Urbansquall didn’t actually die!

Flag Post

What could matter if urbansqually was dead or alive, principally if he don’t care a shit about Battalion Arena?
He could disppear forever that i and OTHER people will not notice.

Flag Post

Urbansquall made a great game. It was sad because before it got deleted, it was working better. Thopson if it is true that you are going to do a remake of Battalion: Arena, then I hope that you make the game back to it’s former glory. As, I’ll get this out of the way for some people, but would it be possible to make a seperate game for the map editor?

Flag Post

kaos, how it’ll be on HTML5, u can access Map Editor without being connected, but u can’t open ur created maps, since u need to be logged for that, but no need for it: i’ll get a server that can support 200 players at same time with no problem.
Abd thx, i’ll do my best to complete it! :]

Flag Post

Here is the creator’s, Panayoti Haritatos, facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pharitatos

Feel free to add him or message him to let you know your displeasure.

Flag Post

what about badges? we keep this unique thing that others won’t be able to get ever?

Flag Post

Thopson1M, You will be our saviour if you can revive/remake this game. As you remember, in its days of glory over 200 players were online at any given time. This led to new maps, new tactics and the level of play was impressive. I look forward to seeing what you can do with the concept.

Flag Post

Thx, i’ll do my best to complete it’s remake. Yep, easily had 200 players at same time, without saying that some days had much more!
I hope that, with my very limited time, i can complete it until August..

Flag Post

Take your time. The one thing that I learned about making games, is that a year can be a blink of an eye.

Flag Post
Originally posted by trickyrodent:

The developer (Urban Squall) got acquired by Zynga a couple years back, and so hasn’t been doing updates or maintenance of any kind.

Zynga? Is this all because of Zynga?!

Flag Post
Originally posted by wargamer1000:
Originally posted by trickyrodent:

The developer (Urban Squall) got acquired by Zynga a couple years back, and so hasn’t been doing updates or maintenance of any kind.

Zynga? Is this all because of Zynga?!

I believe that the main reason is that he is working actually on Zynga, but how urbansquall corporation website is off-line, i think that its dead forever, he just keep his enterprise name because of copyright.

@Mikoc5: Depending of game, can be done in 1 month, 1 week, 1 year or much more. The original Battalion Arena were done in 2 years.

Flag Post

R.I.P. Battalion Arena T.T long live King of turn based strategy in this site. Long live the long lasting battles we all had for so much time . . . So sad =_=

Flag Post

im gonna kill and boicot zynga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!