[Heroes of Gaia] Leaving Heroes of Gaia for Guild Wars 2 (locked)

23 posts

Flag Post

Most people who pay any attention to global know that I am going to be playing Guild Wars 2, in fact I have already pre-purchased the game. If you do not know anything about guild wars 2 then watch this little video and get caught up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzEqJAg8460

If you are going to play guild wars 2 and are interested in playing with people from HoG please let me know, by either posting here or pming me. I really do not know how many server wide will be playing to know if it is even worthwhile to make a guild over there. I just know that while I have slowly grown to despise snail I like most of the players and would love to continue playing with you all.

So if you are interested in making a guild in Guild Wars 2 please let me know.

Flag Post

I also have pre-purchased the game. I would think it would be great to get a group together! I think it would be a lot of fun!

Flag Post

FYI Kestra=Miska – once again anyone who pays attention to this game should already know this

Flag Post

Christ, when is that game finally starting? All this messages on forum and in global chat saying we are leaving to another game. You quit this game? fine. Gonna move to another game? fine

But stop annoying others with the messages what you do not like and what you are gonna do. Just quit the game and bye bye, nice knowing you ingame, and done.

Really annoying to read in global for weeks now, that you and your guild are tired of this game and moving on. Fine, do so, but not everybody is interested in it. Think all other players will quit it just because you and your guild are leaving ? Your guild the hog god or something?

the world will not stop turning around when TE moves to another game.

Have fun in the other game, and maybe see you around.

Flag Post

^failtroll

Flag Post

I don’t check in on these forums too often, but if you could keep me posted with updates in HoG chat, it would be greatly appreciated, as I would love to hear more. After you go, if you could stop by once and a while to let us know how it’s going I would love the updates. Thanks Mate.

Flag Post

hello people
just one question. Why Guild Wars2?
I was waitin for this game for more than a year or two, but now im disappointed.

first. arena net just want to get money like f*ng snail. No open beta. No time trial. No beta keys giveaways. No preorder like 5 euro for beta weekends (hello tera, tsw, starwars, ff14, wow, rift and others). Even no trial keys for friends. Nothing (!) → they really not sure their game is good. They want to sell so many copies of game as they can be4 release. And nobody knows this game. just some screen or youtube videos. => greedy money makers and player haters. p.s. they rised price for game (10th of april) from 59$ to 54 euro, thats a lot.
second. The most expensive game → you should buy game + you should use item shop (dont tell me you won’t buy another charachter slot or large inventory, large bank and so on) + “game updates every 2 month” for 20-40-* euro each. That means the most expensive games + 20-30$ each month. Greedy haters, ye. Btw Anil doesnt have top equips in the shop – only time bosst – ap cards. GW2s shop won’t be so loyal..
third. graphics & combat. not bad, but not good. average. Tera is a way better.
4th. gameplay. No quest – only “rifts”.. interesting for 1-2 weeks, then boring. No end game content – pve lovers will quit this game soon.
5th pvp. the main thing. would be interesting for first month or two. then ppl will quit and pvp on WvWvW maps would be boring with 5-10 players online.

Others games –
Tera
graphics and combat a way better. played during all closed beta events and got a lot of fun. Btw open beta coming soon, try this game for free. (hope gw has such events xD). (i mean tera eu and tera us)
TSW
same as gw.. big 3 faction vs faction vs faction pvp and so on, but lots and lots of different quests and end-game content.
Diablo 3
awesome game – 2d graphics and no pvp untill they add it. = single game for week or two.
c 9
has just downloaded, going to try it. graphics and non target combat better than gw2. Try it too – beta keys are here http://www.zam.com/giveaways/continent-of-the-ninth.html

What else?
i wasted a lot of time for hog (now in top 100s and top 10s- fame, result, hero, rank and so on). name and guild doesnt matter.
so… fk this snail :)
p.s. signed up for gw2 beta – month ago, but got only two letters “please buy our game”..smells kike snail.. spend 500$ pliiizzzzzzz and get 20 oceans for freeeee…fu

anyway good luck, may be i ’ll go to gw2 too to if i can try it before, but doubt now.
going to try continent of ninth was waitin for this game more than for gw2 anyway :p

Flag Post

Why GW2 when I have not even played the game. That is a good question and one I do not have a good answer for. During one of the many times HoG was down I spent a lot of time looking at videos of new MMOs and the only one that I kept coming back to was GW2. Everything I read and watched about this game made it look like one I would personally like and the more information I found the more I liked the game. I realize that not everyone will like GW2 and do not want to think of myself as so presumptious to think that everyone in HoG will like GW2. I am simply trying to see if enough of us are going to play such that it would make sense to create a guild. In fact I realize a lot of people are going to play Diablo 3 and some of the other games you listed.

Since I have now prepurchased the game I will get to participate in the remaining weekend beta events and am looking forward to finally getting my hands on the game to play it first hand. As far as arena net being greedy I think you should look more into their company. Of course they are out to make money but they also have long supported guild wars and in a very refreshing change their developers and staff are very active on facebook, twitter and the forums. Will I spend extra money on Guild Wars 2? Sure I have no problems spending money on a game that I enjoy but I do not like pay 2 win and so far I do not see that gw2 will follow that model.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Seriously, why should anybody care? Almost no one cares if your leaving. Don’t try and make a big deal about it. Your leaving the game. Cool, no one cares, bye.

Flag Post
Originally posted by notlol:

Seriously, why should anybody care? Almost no one cares if your leaving. Don’t try and make a big deal about it. Your leaving the game. Cool, no one cares, bye.

First off, good job reviving a dead topic. Second, I doubt Miska was trying to draw any attention from this post. I think he was just letting others know that if they wanted to play GW2 with him, they could. Some of us have been here for years, and have made many legitimate friends. Perhaps it may be hard for some to understand, but I believe that Miska was just trying to extend an invitation to those friends, and any others who were at all interested.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kestra:

Most people who pay any attention to global know that I am going to be playing Guild Wars 2, in fact I have already pre-purchased the game. If you do not know anything about guild wars 2 then watch this little video and get caught up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzEqJAg8460

If you are going to play guild wars 2 and are interested in playing with people from HoG please let me know, by either posting here or pming me. I really do not know how many server wide will be playing to know if it is even worthwhile to make a guild over there. I just know that while I have slowly grown to despise snail I like most of the players and would love to continue playing with you all.

So if you are interested in making a guild in Guild Wars 2 please let me know.

I am also getting GW2. I have been playing HoG for a few months now and I must admit that it is a vast improvement over Kabam’s Dragons of Atlantis. You guys have it pretty good over here in comparison to that train wreck.

As far as GW2 goes, I’d much rather play it in comparison to Diablo 3. D3 has become too dumb-downed for my tastes so naturally, I would migrate to a game series that I haven’t played before so that I don’t have any standards of quality to work with.

Flag Post

“Thank you for pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2!”. good bye fcking hog.

hello again rank blocker Miska :)

where do you play in GW2? server name i mean- your ‘home’ server.

Flag Post

It is a funny thing to say: “leaving HoG for GW2” – it’s like saying “giving up my tricycle for a racing car”.

But these two games do actually have one thing in common: community. That’s why Kestra started this thread; he wants to play with the same people he met here over on GW2.

And that is the reason why anyone plays this game, despite all the problems, the cheating, the exploited glitches, the bugs, the flaws, the non-existent support and so on. Not for the game itself, which is as bad as they come, but to meet their buddies and to mess with their ‘enemies’.

If facebook ever manages to offer a real game on their site, Zuckerberg will be unstoppable.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

You have got to be kidding me. I had 3 posts removed for simply cutting and pasting a legit HOG thread from here in the forum. Fine, if I cant cut and paste, I’ll just bump the thread I was trying to source. People are intelligent enough to catch my drift. I still win. And now if you excuse me, I shall go to global and drop the F-bomb, speak in a foreign language and talk about sodomy. Don’t have to worry about moderators up in the attic.

Flag Post

(He actually received a message from the moderator telling him that the posts were removed for harassment, but he just can’t accept that, so he makes up this nonsense about copy and paste.

I like it when he says “I still win” – reminded me of Charlie Sheen “winning” :)

LoganVexx proves my point here. The game has become unimportant; the reason to come here is the social aspect. Logan even extends this to this forum, which he visits several times a day. To him, slandering me was so important that he spent a whole day re-posting the same slandering again and again each time it got removed.

Flag Post

You know Bart, I suspected it was you who went crying to a Mod. Your words only confirms this. Yes, he sent me a message that I was harrassing you. When all I did was cut and paste the link to your exit manifesto post. I notice you have no problem throwing stones of your own, but unlike you, I don’t need the assistance of others. Looks like you like to win too, eh? The phrase, you can dish it out, but can’t take it applies here. And in all the times Xaver and I have gone tit for tat with each other, not once has he ever blown a rape whistle like you have. Consider that.

Flag Post

(The funny thing is, the posts were not really removed for harassment. C’mon, this whole forum is full of offending posts, why would the mods suddenly care?
Actually, the posts were removed because LoganVexx posted them here. I told the mods that his posts had nothing to do with the thread title. Apparently, they liked that logic :D
Had he put those posts into the ‘han yfix’ – thread, no one would have cared 8)

As you can see, Logan got what he wanted – finally someone is writing back, and he can have a little conversation. If you look at his other posts, you will quickly see a recurring pattern:
attack anyone who posts, then spout off lengthy replies which contain a lot of wrong statements so he will get an angry reply. It is actually quite interesting to watch this at first, but it gets old quickly.

Flag Post

It starts off like this. First mail I got from the mod.

Hi there!
We don’t need to harass other users on the forums, alright? :)

I dont see one word about the posts being removed because they were off topic, only harrassment.

In which you then take credit for informing him of my harrassment towards you.

(He actually received a message from the moderator telling him that the posts were removed for harassment

Then after exposing you for the baby that you are, now you change your tune again, (no surprise there), and say this:

(The funny thing is, the posts were not really removed for harassment.

First you say the posts were removed for harrassment, then you say they weren’t removed for harrassment but instead they had nothing to do with the thread title. Really Bart?

Be a man Bart! Take credit for your actions! I hurt your feelings so you found an adult to protect you! At least you were honest about it the first time you admitted to reporting me for harrassment. It wasn’t because you’ve now suddenly found yourself wanting to keep the forums neat and tidy.

Between your constant crying to the mods, as well as lacking the ‘nads to stand by what you say, say what you mean and mean what you say, I’m done talking to you. You are beneath me.

OAO

Flag Post

As predicted, Logan replies with a lengthy post that is not quite correct. While he copies statements that I actually made, he takes them out of context to make them look inconsistent, which they aren’t:

When you flag someone, you have to choose a ‘flagging reason’ from a dropdown menu; there I chose ‘harassment’.
But you also have to give a description, and that is where I wrote “post has nothing to do with the thread topic”.

So it was both at the same time, not ‘first this, than that’. Logan knows that, of course.