[Utopia Kingdoms] Game Close Down

32 posts

Flag Post

Hi Everyone,

It’s with great sadness I have to write this post, however it’s one of necessity. After Jolt Online with closed down 6 weeks ago, myself and a few other volunteers have been trying to keep Utopia Kingdoms alive and well. Unfortunately, we have not been successful.

The game costs a lot more to run than we were expecting and in the last month we have lost thousands of $, this unfortunately has meant we’ve run out of money.

I had also underestimated the stability problems with the game and after spending days last week trying to recover the game from an unforeseen event I have come to realise that without a full dev team, I can’t keep this alive.

Therefore, I am afraid that as of the 20th April 2012, Utopia Kingdoms will be closed.

I want to thank all of the players who have helped build the game, given feedback and made the community such a pleasure to be part of.

I want to personally thank Lydias, our outstanding community guru who has worked so so hard helping to try and keep this game alive.

I also want to finally thank the handful of players, you know who you are, who have been very dedicated to trying to make the game better.

Thank you all!
Rich and the UK volunteer team

Flag Post

Heh, called it. You know this could probably have been prevented if you had accepted my offer instead of ignoring me. :P

Heck, it’s not too late to say yes. We can rebuild it. We have the technolergy.

Flag Post

Lydias has done commendable work I personally appreciated his efforts.

Flag Post

cough
hers

Flag Post

I second that. Lydias has been and will always be the best.

Flag Post

Been a fun run everybody. Thanks Lydias for putting up with us whinny gamers, where ever you go, I wish you well.

Flag Post

Aye, ’tis a day on the 20th… We Utopian Kingdom gamers shall keep this game at heart forever!

Flag Post

lol HER efforts are commendable

Flag Post

So, I have a question. Given that this thing appears to be sinking like a lead balloon, and produces no net profit for you…what is it worth to you unload the entire crapload on someone who has a chance of keeping it afloat independently? The possibility of getting paid for making this someone else’s problem should be worth something, yes? I’ve always wanted to get into development.

Flag Post

LoL of course this had to happen. The game just got worse and worse as each patch were added in this game. And the fact you added Daveoirl into the team just explains everything how this became so doomed !!!

Sadly the only thing in this game was the few nice people to talk with and Lydies and Faffin for their work whenever we saw them around :D

If you just listened to the hardcore back to when Angelicpretty quit due to horrible balanced game who just from there went from horrible to worse.

Flag Post

Broken Account is right if we take over the game we (meaning players) could easily bring the game back to it’s feet. If you will listen to us, we can with effort get it going again. but we do need information, like: what is it worth to you unload the entire crapload on someone who has a chance of keeping it afloat independently? you answer we can rebuild the game.

Flag Post

well this is sad to hear…

guess who’s going on a looting rampage :D

Flag Post

Knew this was going to happen when they went independent. I definitely respect everyone for trying. Never did do many raids. I think its about time to go on a raid killing revenge frenzy.

Flag Post

Thank you.

Flag Post

oh noes…

Flag Post

this sucks! this was my favorite game on kongregate!

Flag Post

EA Games would probably buy this. You guys got to keep it going. Even if you just give it to some company to keep the server running.

Flag Post

Thank you to all of my loyal troops, my final command ride with me to destroy every encampment until were dead!!!! Utopia Kingdoms live on forever.

Flag Post

Gonna miss this game, was my favorite on kong to play,

Flag Post

I liked this game. It had strategy yet was easy enough that you could casually play it and could go away then come back and not have too big a learning curve to get back in.

Flag Post

How much to buy the game code and rights?

Flag Post

would rather see game end than that^

Flag Post

teardrop…cry…j

Flag Post

so what happens to the gems that so many of us paid for and havnt used completely? do we get our money back?

Flag Post

They take your money and run, obviously.