[BigHeadBash] Suggestions Thread

182 posts

Flag Post

Feel free to post your game suggestions here to help the Developers improve the game. :D

Flag Post

Minor thing, so I only got to try for a few minutes, and there were only 2 other people on, but, respawn spots, should somehow be protected, or hidden so there is no camping of the spot, never allowing you to really get back in. Probably better when a lot of people playing, but with only a few on, it was annoying. :)

Flag Post

Maybe add a bit more content to the Tutorial. I’m not quite sure what is going on with the BASH bar or how the head growth mechanics work.

Flag Post

A couple more suggestions I have with the current design of the crosshair, it is very easy for me to lose it on my screen and become disoriented. I often then accidentally click outside of the game window. Would be nice to allow for different crosshair designs or colors.

Also I notice I click outside of the game window a lot and end up taking myself out of the game while I have to refocus the game back in my browser.

Flag Post

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/ZachCooperFBI/BHB/bighead0006.jpg

In the Toy Store Level… There is a ledge/piece of the environment here that always catches my eye. I always feel like I should be able to jump into that area, but I am stopped by an invisible wall. It seems like a naturally enjoyable place to ambush another player or use to dodge or confused someone in the midst of a firefight. It would be neat if it could be opened up somehow.

The area that interests me I highlighted with a blue square.

A couple other things I was thinking about today.

For future levels, it could be neat to have some hazards in the levels. Something simple like pits might be nice.

Even on the jungle level, where your character walks through water, could be neat if the water made it a bit harder for you to move or slow you down.

Also I have been thinking with the toy motif, it would be neat if we could use our currency/rewards to play some kind of crane minigame outside of the game to try and obtain unique items/toys/guns/whatever. Or a slot machine minigame. Something to help give us compulsive people more ways to blow our tickets.

Perhaps also some sort of gameplay reward for someone who gets a really high kill streak during a match. As well perhaps something for someone who ends a really long kill streak.

I can elaborate on these ideas later, but I’m really quite tired at the moment. Have a wonderful day you creative minds of wonder and magnificence.

Flag Post

Just started playing it, but I noticed one thing straight off…in the tutorial, you should list the ‘w’ key is for jumping as well….I much prefer it to the spacebar anyway…thanks! :)

Flag Post

I love the game so far, but I think it would be great if you could see how much xp you needed to level up. Also, at the end of a game if you level up I’d like a notice. This would inform you and then you know you have access to new weapons or toys. Also I’d like it if the final screen after a game would show your k/d ratio like when you press tab in game. Besides that lots of fun when people aren’t invisible :p.

Flag Post

I think the chainsaw could be a lot of fun, but for the most part I can never really use it properly.

With all the other weapons throwing things around and doing quite well at it, seems like the chainsaw can’t get a break. It would be nice if the chainsaw let you run faster, take more damage or somehow block shots to help against the ranged weapons. Other than that, can’t really catch someone while they are shooting you up.

Even when you do get close to someone though, actually killing them with it is kind of tricky as well.

Flag Post

So a couple of things I noticed.

1) Sometimes the number of users playing a game isn’t updated properly. It will display 0/# instead of the actual number player. Sometimes I also join an empty room when the game says it has people in it.

2) It doesn’t look like the character graphic on the main menu is anti-aliased. The edges are jagged and it looks bad.

3) The “Shop” button on the main menu leads to the “Buy Stuff” tab. It seems superfluous.

4) I would like some sort of indication when my health is low. With all the jumping around and shooting the health bar can be hard to see. Perhaps add some sort of splash effect indicator to warn me that my health has dropped below a certain percentage.

5) I would really like to see some kind of lore in this type of game. Honestly I wouldn’t read it, but some small story would make it look more put together.

6) The buttons seem really cheap graphically compared to the background images. Perhaps you can replace those with something more complex?

7) I would like to see a level with some open space. I feel too safe with all of the platforms around me.

Flag Post

I concur with ZachCooper’s point about losing the crosshairs, I have exactly the same problem.

Flag Post

Thanks for the feedback and do keep them coming. I’m working with the team here to sort through them and fix all the major issues. Bear in mind that the team is very busy & we’ll do our best to fix them ASAP. Please be patient.

Flag Post

Oh another thing, since I’m pretty much always playing in fullscreen. It would be nice to have a way to change teams/quit the game without pushing the escape key, since it takes me out of fullscreen.

When teams are unbalanced, I like to change teams to even things out, but tend to get killed while I’m exiting and re-entering fullscreen.

Flag Post

One cool addition would be a kill/death ratio.

Flag Post

Havent even started playing and I have a big suggestion. Get Unity off the game. it Does Not Work With Google Chrome Well.

Flag Post

i agree. also Unity does not run with linux which is a downside for all of the linux using gamers

Originally posted by OHMAGAWD:

Havent even started playing and I have a big suggestion. Get Unity off the game. it Does Not Work With Google Chrome Well.

Flag Post

Me too, unity = unable to play. No linux version, no portable device version.

Flag Post

How about at the very beginning you don’t just say “welcome back,” it makes me think someone else has been on my account ;)

Flag Post

unity web player is a ressorces eating monster. i have endless lags. also if i want to join a room with slow connection speed, it always say “room is full”. so give the slow net users a chance to play … please :D

Flag Post

Unity webplayer is not a resource eating monster, I can hardly tell it’s running on my computer. And you can ship your games to portable devices through Unity as well.

For the developer: There is an option in Unity that allows you to lock the mousecursor. This would aid the people (including me) who often clicks outside of the game and ends up refreshing the page or something similiar. I also think the loading times are far too long. Try making the game smaller.

Cheers

Flag Post

For Dev: It would be neat if when I click to join a game session the game holds a spot for me while I’m in the loading screen instead of not checking if there is any room left for me until I’m finished loading. I just applied to join a game with 10/12 players, went to load screen, loaded for 2-3 min, then it said it was full.

Cheers

Flag Post

A small suggestion:

There should be a sound or some sort of visual effect when you get hit, so that you notice when someone shoots you from far away. Just don’t make the sound too loud or the visual effect too annyoing.

Flag Post

As a casual player I’m not very interested in any game that tracks my deaths. I don’t need to be reminded how bad I am compared to pros. I believe showing deaths loses more players than it keeps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by robinmtb:

For Dev: It would be neat if when I click to join a game session the game holds a spot for me while I’m in the loading screen instead of not checking if there is any room left for me until I’m finished loading. I just applied to join a game with 10/12 players, went to load screen, loaded for 2-3 min, then it said it was full.

Cheers

I am with him.

Flag Post

if there’s robot characters, shouldn’t there be alien characters since there’s a raygun?

Flag Post

I won my 1st match, but my profile says I’m 1 win 1 loss.
I think it’s because I joined a match in progress, and it ended almost as soon as I came in.
You should put a timer on when a player can be recorded a loss…say 10sec after join even…

At least enough time to record just 1 kill….