[Star Supremacy] Torps need improvement

6 posts

Flag Post

I think that Torps are incredibly under powered. I’m going to show you a few images to show what’s wrong with this game regarding EMP and Torp.

http://prntscr.com/8vfgo

Since the quality of the image isn’t very good I’ll explain it to you. I have selected to use my torpedo, but for some crazy reason the game basically asks me what ship to attack…. Hence ‘You don’t say’ underneath.

Now theres EMP, which as this shows is messed.

http://prntscr.com/8vksi

Flag Post

For torpedos to be viable all other damage should be severly reduced. Or they need to be usable first round. Like emp’s. These one shot battles not only make the battle items your trying to sell useless. So waiting for the second round to use torpedos, makes them absolutly useless in battle. Having to select which enemy to use the torpedos on is ridiculous. Since torpedoes don’t do splash damage. Which woudl be useful. If they did splash damage on small ships as well as aircraft.

Emp’s need to be changed too. Emp Bomb should disable shields and Emp Wave should be revamped. Make Emp Wave Seeker only, and change them so they disable energy weapons for 1 round. With only one of either on a ship at any one time. This would allow them to stand up to UEO players with thier +1 range lance bonus. Which is game breaking in itself. And make rails useful for somethign other than kill AI.

Flag Post

bump. This is a important topic, would like a response from the dev or some other players.

Flag Post

Gotta agreed totally with this, torps need to be usable in round one, especially since EMPs can be, just seems plain stupid that they can’t be. Heck if usable in the first round, then maybe Seekers might stand a remote chance of 1 shot a UEO BS. Though I will point out that since this topic was made, a change to Ingenuity occured where it now gives armor bonus. That alone might make Tank builds more viable to fend off 1 shot builds (hard to know if it’s doable yet). However, Rail guns have got to have something done about them.

Flag Post

Torps only can be used once? Lame.

Flag Post

Even with new change, it wouldn’t make much of a difference, rails need a dmg boost to compete with solar lance.