[Afterwind] wtf is first turn attck

14 posts

Flag Post

i have no clue whatsoever (first turn attack) meant.
please answer my greatest fear question for me

Flag Post

It is when you attack a persons capital… on the first turn

Flag Post

umm i meant why we not allow to do that

Flag Post

since if everyone is eliminating eachother in the first turn it wont be very fun

Flag Post

It’s disallowed because it’s impossible to defend against, unfair, doesn’t give much SP, and is for noobs.

Flag Post

You can come back from 1st turn if you take more land and you have an aggressive strat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Uncle_Lung_Fish:

You can come back from 1st turn if you take more land and you have an aggressive strat.

You really can’t. Especially as, without your cap, you can’t recruit from your home country.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kaliraa:

You really can’t. Especially as, without your cap, you can’t recruit from your home country.

Well not impossible but it’s difficult and annoying as hell. For example I was playing great lakes one time and a guy attacked me on the first turn and managed to either tb the bomber stack I had going out to take a neutral or the air transport with infantry to take the cities. So basically I started the second turn with no new territory and all my reinforcements gone. So there’s not much you can really do to stop it.

Flag Post

I guess im the only one who builds all units in their cap first turn? lel.

Flag Post

First turn attack will not always neccessarily kill you.

For example, they may need to take over your ENTIRE country, if thats what the settings say.

Furthermore, if you capture neutral cities and coutnries on your first turn, you stand a chance. Furthermore, it may not be that the person needs to hold your capital for two turns, it could be, one, or it could be more.

Flag Post

you can do it, but people will see you as an ass and a troll. So quite simply, don’t do it.

Unless you’re in a crowded Europe, where its expected.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hollyw00dUnD3ad:

I guess im the only one who builds all units in their cap first turn? lel.

The first turn attacker won’t just use one city. They’ll use all of their cities. If they’re using Turkey against Ukraine, you’ll have to defend against 50 units. And most people actually move units from their cap, instead of just keeping them there.

Originally posted by Selow:

First turn attack will not always neccessarily kill you.

For example, they may need to take over your ENTIRE country, if thats what the settings say.

Furthermore, if you capture neutral cities and coutnries on your first turn, you stand a chance. Furthermore, it may not be that the person needs to hold your capital for two turns, it could be, one, or it could be more.

Most games only need your cap to be held for two turns (tourney rules). If you capture neutral cities, you’re wasting a turn, as, it’ll take you a turn to move those back to your cap, unless you use air transports, which will leave you with no money.

Flag Post

_

There are tourneys? Excuse me? Where?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Selow:

_

There are tourneys? Excuse me? Where?

http://afterwind.com/forum/board.php?board_id=129