[Waraxe] Questions and Answers

55 posts

Flag Post

If you have any questions, please post them here. I’ll monitor this thread and answer as soon as I can. I’m a Veteran Waraxe player on Facebook and happy to help out!

Flag Post

Hello,

Is there any place that explain the powers of the units?
I have no idea what command infantry does or what swing does on my champion.
If the hero got command goblin can he only command gobs or does he give bonus to them.
Same question for most of the powers(fear,goblinslayer)
If there is 3 rewards for a quest(not in the end but doing it) does the position from left to right indicate the drop rate of it? And if yes what are the droprate?
I have been doing the same quest something like more than 20 times to be able to finally get one skull army.
Thanks for the future answer.^_^

Flag Post

Hover over a skill to get a tooltip popup, this will explain in detail what the skill does.
I’m guessing it does indicate the droprate, left to right, from higher to lowew. But I can’t be sure.
Perhaps someone can point you to a wiki of sorts for actual droprates and such.

Did you get a raised skeleton? I’ve probably spent half my total energy on that side-mission so far(60+ battles), and haven’t been able to get a single one.
Either way, expect that to only get worse, units will be relatively hard to get.

Flag Post

How much you damage the enemy affects the droprate. The unit droprate isn’t the lowest, it is the spell droprate that is the lowest on first missions (or maybe I’m really unlucky :p)

Flag Post

How do you get new formations for your armies, so you can use elites and reserves?

Flag Post

You get new formations from quest reward. Later in R4 you will be able to buy a formation using Boss Token but that’s the only buyable formation so far. Oh, and you can get one from R4 reinforcement too.

About droprate, it’s really depends on your luck. Damage don’t affect droprate. There are some donor items which are supposed to increase the droprate but apart from them there is nothing you can do about it.

Flag Post

@Srane – As Antigaprime indicated, you can hover your mouse over any Ability and see the description. Drop rates are kept secret by the developers, mainly to prevent whining. Generally, the less powerful a loot drop, the higher the drop rate. The more powerful, the lower the drop rate. Sometimes you get lucky and will get a couple drops in a row, sometimes not. The donation items that add “Luck” to PvE really make a difference in drop rates.

@lordoftheend – As you progress through the game and unlock side missions and new areas, you’ll be able to get new formations as rewards from quests. Later in the game, formations can be bought from Merchants, and in later areas, there are also formations available from the “reinforcements” section for Blessed War Tokens.

Flag Post

Well how long is it before you unlock the first extra formation?

Flag Post

@lordoftheend
You get one at the end of Region 1. It comes from the main quest chapter 5 reward.

Flag Post

Does Epic bosses need to be killed to get rewards? As of now it seems unlikely to kill the first Boss.

Flag Post

@SirPeterIII

Yes, they need to be killed to get rewards. Boss are meant to be difficult so you need to make sure you’re well prepared beforehand. If you failed, then you simply need to get better armies and revisit them later. Also, save your boss tokens for support units first because they’re the ultimate boss slayers.

Flag Post

- Damage has nothing to do with drops

-If stuff doesn’t drop for you then you are simply unlucky. This is how probabilities work

- Always do your daily rewards

- Epic bosses have to be taken down by several players. Join a guild!

Flag Post

I am a bit frustrated by the drop rate of the various spells. I feel I am very unlucky in internet games, though I persist..
Is there a place/post/site/etc where I can find the loot drop percentages?

Flag Post

I have a question about daily rewards. I can spend 4, 5, 7, 9 or even 11 daily clicks for Deathsworn knights. Does it mean that I’ll get 1, 2, 3, 4 units or even full stack of them respectively?

Flag Post

@swealwe
You will get a full stack with command unit if you keep going through the daily rewards.

Flag Post

I have a question about drops too. There are drops of troops or spells once the quest is completed? I’m trying to get healing spell from first zone, but I didn’t have any drop before completing, nor once completed. I cannot get troops drops either on other side quests I’ve completed…

Does anyone knows something about that?

Flag Post

If you look at the side quests they show both Loot and Reward. Loot is random drops that you can get while doing the quest both before and after completing the quest. Reward is what you will get for sure once the quest is completed. Sometimes it takes many attempts, sometimes few. keep doing the quests and they will eventually drop.

Flag Post
Originally posted by heink1:

How much you damage the enemy affects the droprate. The unit droprate isn’t the lowest, it is the spell droprate that is the lowest on first missions (or maybe I’m really unlucky :p)

I have noticed that too. Come back to earlier missions where you can wipe out all their troops before the 6 rounds and you seem to get more tokens/units/spells dropped…

Flag Post

Do different unit types (core, elite, reserves, etc.) have any specific qualities or effects, besides determining where in a formation they can be used? Or does an elite unit with the same stats as a core unit deal and receive more damage? Or why does a reserve unit come late to the battle? The wiki seemed lacking on that information.

Thanks!

Flag Post

“I have noticed that too. Come back to earlier missions where you can wipe out all their troops before the 6 rounds and you seem to get more tokens/units/spells dropped…”

There is more like its level dependent – on higher player levels, you can get lower stages loot with bigger chance and well… this is logical… since if you were unlucky while leveled up few lvls and didnt got anything – you will be unable to play further – so drop rate at previous missions will be rised. This is only way to prevent players from rage quit, cus noone like to be unlucky forever.

From the other hand – there should be no more coins drop, this drop should depend on current stage – the bigger stage is – the bigger money you get (by stage i mean story level, further levels should give more then previous).

Questions:

1) Tell me more about unit types or where to read about it (i mean i want to know difference between elite, normal and “back row”, supports, who is good and where, cus wiki, “tutorial” and “how to play” say almost nothing).

2) I dont get about “Retreating”, sometimes after getting “retreat” – my enemyes coming back and attacking me on the next turn, while they have below 50% hp and sometimes they dont attack untill end of game. I mean, did enemyes got stunned on next turn after retreating in current turn?

3) What to do with normal units if you have only 3 formation slots and 5+ units ? Can i sell them? Upgrade? Fuse? I mean when i already have full three stacks, like 5/5 5/5 and 7/7 for example + 2 more units?

4) If items give you bonus, will it be given for each sub-unit in stack or only for whole party of units, same question about command unit upgrade?

5) I chose Undead race, why i got goblins in army from quets? What is benefits of having all undeads in army?

Flag Post

It seems that i will get everything i need from daily clicks and quests in azure, except weapon/armor/banner/instrument and reserves. Should i spend my tokens on reserves or will they be available early in gloomwood?

Flag Post

Will this game become less grinding later on?
Coz now i’m grinding the Heal. I started at mid5, now i’m almost lvl8. Wanna know how much i’ve got? Three. It’s less then one IN A LEVEL! I decimate that squad roughly 10% of the time on turn 5, roughly 50% on turn 6. It seems it doesn’t help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Avataristche:

Coz now i’m grinding the Heal. I started at mid5, now i’m almost lvl8. Wanna know how much i’ve got? Three. It’s less then one IN A LEVEL! I decimate that squad roughly 10% of the time on turn 5, roughly 50% on turn 6. It seems it doesn’t help.

Well, you need to farm up tokens to buy elites/reserves to beat region 2.1 right? Or you can wait 15 days to get the deathsworn knight elites…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Endox:
Originally posted by Avataristche:

Well, you need to farm up tokens to buy elites/reserves to beat region 2.1 right? Or you can wait 15 days to get the deathsworn knight elites…

I suppose that’s “no” ^^

Flag Post

Why there are only two races avaible? How can i unlock third race?