Let me begin by saying that you’ve got a good game here. The fundamentals are balanced and the coding is solid. I’ve been looking for something else since burning out on Tyrant and this is a lot more fun than most of the other card games I’ve come across. I’ve enjoyed playing it and am looking forward to playing (and perhaps paying) more.
Mind you, all too often I’ve found myself in the following scenario:
1) I have 3 (or even, all 4) of my cards, and the enemy is down to 1 or 2, and my morale/energy total is still roughly equal to the enemy’s.
2) In the endgame that follows, I actually lose because it costs me more energy to hurt the enemy than it costs him.
So I’m owning the battelfield but I still lose???
Like, once my badass cleave guy kills the guys in front of him, because he’s 4 energy and 2 Power he actually become a LIABILITY because his 4 energy hurts me more than the 2 damage he’s doing to the enemy. And the rest of my troops don’t actually help, since the 4Power guys are also 4 Energy, and the 3 Power are 3 Energy, so they hurt me EQUALLY as much as they hurt the opposing deck.
I’m sorry to say that this is quickly becoming a gamebreaker for me.
However, there are many easy and simple tweaks that can overcome this.
1) Get rid of the energy concept entirely. (Okay, you probably don’t want to do this, so this is a bad idea, but we’re just getting started!)
2) Readjust all Energy stats so that instead of E= Power, it’s more like E = Power – 1.
3) Double the amount of starting energy. (This seems simple enough, since it seems better that only in extreme cases should energy start to be taken from Morale).
4) Give a bonus to morale when damaging the enemy. (This could be as small as +1 morale whenever a creature hurts the enemy directly. Or it could be as large as equal to damage done. This way if you’ve got a 3 on 1 scenario, the side with 3 cards standing has an appropriate advantage.)
5) Okay, this, I think is the best suggestion: INCREASE the bonus from killing a card!! Right now it’s an insignificant 2 points. Why so low? Killing a single card is 25% of the opposing force. It could be at least equal to power. Or DP. Or, even better (and this, I think, would fix the game permanently) equal to HEALTH. Kill an 8 health knight, get 8 points to morale. Why not? Killing the enemy would increase morale, and the tougher the enemy, the greater the boost.
Okay, there’s a lot to think about, I know. But please please please do something. If I lose another 4 on 1 endgame, I don’t think I’ll be coming back too much.
Also, I know that I’ve just started the game and for all I know the high-level cards solve this problem, but you’ve can’t give new players frustrating losses like this and expect to rival Tyrant in popularity.
Thank you and have a Great Day!!