[Afterwind] Question Thread

12 posts

Flag Post

Post your questions here and im sure people will help me to answer them. Dont just make new threads for every question.

Flag Post

You know, I’m really curious.

If you propose an alliance to someone but they sent in an attack that same turn, is the alliance proposal cancelled? Thanks

Flag Post

yes it would be cancelled if your propose an alliance or peace but attack the person or they attack you it auto declines it

Flag Post

ok, be warned, i’m going to spam this. it’s a great game in some ways, but in other ways it seems full of programming gaps and an unhelpful community.

so, what’s the deal with those ports that you can’t get in or out of? especially London. why would there be a port, and then have it unusable? how come such a huge gaping design flaw is not addressed?

and how come defense lines can’t be flown over except by everyone else but me?

what governs how much reinforcements you can recruit?

how do you unlock special units like marines?

why are so many people in these games such dicks?

how come units randomly disappear from time to time without there being any report?

..this game is far too good to be so crappy.

Flag Post

London is easily usable

D lines cannot be flown directly over, perhaps they took an alternate route.

You’re Cities and countries

You buy them with Marines

Everyone on the internet is a dick.

never seen that before.

Flag Post

i built a huge fleet to attack London with. i couldn’t get in. i tried a thousand times from hundreds of angles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

i built a huge fleet to attack London with. i couldn’t get in. i tried a thousand times from hundreds of angles.

Was there a defensive line there?

Flag Post

If there is an enemy defense line in the way, you will not be able to get to London.

If there is an enemy city between your fleet and London, then you will not be able to get in.

If your stack contains units which are land units or ships, and you try to move them along with planes, you will not be able to completely get to London.

If London is out of range of your planes, your will not be able to even reach it.

Flag Post

ok, be warned, i’m going to spam this. it’s a great game in some ways, but in other ways it seems full of programming gaps and an unhelpful community.

so, what’s the deal with those ports that you can’t get in or out of? especially London. why would there be a port, and then have it unusable? how come such a huge gaping design flaw is not addressed?

and how come defense lines can’t be flown over except by everyone else but me?

what governs how much reinforcements you can recruit?

how do you unlock special units like marines?

why are so many people in these games such dicks?

how come units randomly disappear from time to time without there being any report?

..this game is far too good to be so crappy.

Defense Lines can be flown over, if those lines are formed at the exact same turn as the attack is executed. So if you make a def line one turn, you can be attacked that exact same turn, because when the player is attacking, it hasn’t been made yet. This is different from blocking.

Reinforcement count is governed by cities and countries, and you get them every four turns. However, if you have a city in a country which you do NOT occupy, you will not receive a reinforcement count from that city, EVEN IF that country is owned by an ally.

At the top of the lobby, at the right hand corner, you will see many options. Over there will also be a green plus button. Click it, and you may buy upgrades through it, using SP you have accumulated. What you choose to buy is up to you. The red question mark at the end of the list shows you at what amount the next upgrade will be shown to you.

I suggest not buying everything you see, only buy what you need and save the rest. Marines, Sentry Planes, and Submarines can all be bought by lvl 2 or 3, and are basic, basic units that everyone buys. Quite simple put, if you don’t have at least a Sentry Plane, you’re screwed.

Other units, such as Advanced Submarines and Stealth Bombers can only be used (usually) through specific strategies, such as MoS (Master of Stealth) or SM (Sky Menace). Helies you can get through a special offer (I won’t tell you, go figure it out for yourself), so you dont even have to buy them. As for AA guns, they’re premium.

Flag Post

Oh and some units may have been killed by stealth units and you may not have noticed, or planes may disappear. That’s about it.

Flag Post

thanks!

yeah, i didn’t realise London port can be blocked by infantry defense lines, so that ships can never reach it. you’d think you’d need ships to do that.

anyway, thanks again. it is a great game, but not very noob friendly. stealth units and stealth detection really aught to be in the tutorial. i was like “what the hell is going on?” through like hours of gameplay.

Flag Post

thanks!

yeah, i didn’t realise London port can be blocked by infantry defense lines, so that ships can never reach it. you’d think you’d need ships to do that.

anyway, thanks again. it is a great game, but not very noob friendly. stealth units and stealth detection really aught to be in the tutorial. i was like “what the hell is going on?” through like hours of gameplay.

You should play in the newbie beginner section until at least lvl 3 or 4. You should have stealth units by that time if you know what you’re doing, and can have some time experimenting with them before you get permenantly kicked outta that room and into the Main room.