[Esgrima Online] Bugs and Suggestions

102 posts

Flag Post

Hey everyone, leave any bugs you find here or add any suggestions you might have.

Flag Post

Bug: When trying to buy some of the hats in game, upon confirming the purchase, the game would take my coin, not give me the item, and then freeze my inventory open. Character select and logout do NOT solve the problem. Once logged back in, opening the inventory causes it to freeze once again. The hats in question were the straw hat and farmers hat. The same just happened with the longsword, so it’s something to do with the shop as a whole.

Also, this may be because it’s in beta, but on level up, I see a +1 gold on the right of the level up sign, and haven’t recieved any yet (Level 8 as of writing).

Flag Post

Hrm, as an addition, after hitting a couple areas, nothing seems to be adding to my inventory. There goes that nice rare hunters armor. ;.;

Flag Post

got a problem with the inventory too. opened it in batte and cant close it now. character change closed the inventory but now when i open it i cant close it anymore.

Flag Post

Overall the game is excellent but, yea plenty of bugs. Like patrolord, mention inventory screen bug. Where i access it but, it won’t close. Also, have had in the middle of a solo battle where i use a item and then the game freezes. I have tried at times to equip my character with proper level weapon and it takes three or four times for it to work, Also, PVP arena doesn’t work. I have tried several times and also several times with kongregate mod as a opponent and the screen freezes and doesn’t load.

Flag Post

Sorry about that inventory glitch, it should be ok now. The rest of fixes will follow soon.

Flag Post

There’s a bug where the game loads but when I click on “Kongregate Login” it doesn’t work only the “Play as Guest” does, ._.

Flag Post

Couldn’t get PvP to work this morning. Just got to a loading screen and nothing loaded ater a minute or so. No movement at all. Just a heads up!

Flag Post

1. I tried to play the game in IE9, didnt worked, i tried FireFox 12.0 didnt worked then it finally workes with Chrome. Havent IE or FF since its working in chrome.

2. My main Lv is 12 and One Handed is at 10, the weapon i want to use requiered Main 11 and one handed lvl 9 but i dont seem able to equiped it.

3. Why does the chat is at the left position. Right now, i dont care cuz i dont have anyone to talk to, but you should move it in the middle because in combat, you have to close it to attack mobs under the chat window

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotoxy:

1. I tried to play the game in IE9, didnt worked, i tried FireFox 12.0 didnt worked then it finally workes with Chrome. Havent IE or FF since its working in chrome.

2. My main Lv is 12 and One Handed is at 10, the weapon i want to use requiered Main 11 and one handed lvl 9 but i dont seem able to equiped it.

3. Why does the chat is at the left position. Right now, i dont care cuz i dont have anyone to talk to, but you should move it in the middle because in combat, you have to close it to attack mobs under the chat window

I had to remove my shield to be able to change my weapon.

Flag Post

Inventory bug again could u fix it again please ! When i click Loot All before loots loaded i got the bug

Flag Post
Originally posted by OneShark:

Sorry about that inventory glitch, it should be ok now. The rest of fixes will follow soon.

it was ok. i played for 4 hrs then suddenly my inv got the same bug again. i was in a team with 2 other players and 2 of us got the glitch.

Flag Post

My Item bugged on Market it wants (-) price for it please fix it

Flag Post

I dont know if it is a bug, but using a upgrade stone trying to make a weapon +3 is not working. nothing happen when i put the stone in and press the button

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotoxy:

I dont know if it is a bug, but using a upgrade stone trying to make a weapon +3 is not working. nothing happen when i put the stone in and press the button

seems u need more than 2 upgrade stone after some +, would be nice to see how much each imbue are needed.

Is it normal that the value for upgrading weapons are so damn low ? +4 a weapon and i have only +4 dmg… kinda not worth spending time trying to upgrade them.

Flag Post

Someone bought my – item and I had – denars I lost my all denars and i have – denars now please do a roll back or something like that idk please help

Flag Post
Originally posted by patrolord:
Originally posted by OneShark:

it was ok. i played for 4 hrs then suddenly my inv got the same bug again. i was in a team with 2 other players and 2 of us got the glitch.

I think we should be more specific about this, guys. =P

Anyways, the Dwarf Garden (level 41-45 zone) seems a bit bugged when you get to the loot at the end — there aren’t 15 loot slots there, but rather only however many items there were in that run. I suspect (but can’t confirm) that if your inventory doesn’t have a great variety of items in it at that moment, it too will become like this and begin glitching/sticking.

My first run through there with the group, I had a nearly full bag and didn’t get glitched, unlike the other two in the group here. The second time through, my bag was much lighter…and subsequently fell prey to the glitch.

(This has since been fixed.)

Also, Spike Storm seemed horribly buggy the first time I used it. Numbers were flashing on the screen from 1111111, to 2222222, to 3333333, and so on up to 9999999 (at which point it repeated), and the sound effects were muted. This only occurs the first time in a session it seems.

(This has also since been fixed.)

Chatting in town is awkward. You still move whenever the WASD controls are pressed.

(Yay, this is fixed!)

My heal is currently level 5, I believe (+650 base). Are there any levels of the skill beyond this, because I see the same box from Heal Level 4 — all of the same numbers — although using the heal does properly reflect the +650 base value. If there is a cap to skills, there needs to be a more graceful indication of this.

(Much easier now to tell it’s maxed, thanks.)

Speaking of heals, the difference between level 2 and 3 for both Heal and Group Heal is abysmally small, and the huge jump from 3 to 4 seems to try to compensate for this somehow. A more regular progression would be nice.

(Might test out the reset function soon to see what the progression is like now, if it’s different.)

And a change so that mana healing doesn’t show the current total of Mana, but rather how much was restored.

(Yay, fixed. I am happy.)

Gaining exp for your masteries pretty much encourages going into the huge attacks right now. I get 4 exp on the Force Mastery bar for a standard attack on an enemy, 0 exp for a heal, and some 220 exp (what the heck?) for using a Spike Storm. To me this just seems way too broken; I’d suggest to bring the values more in balance with each other.

(Well, the rates got changed. It’s no longer ridiculously fast to AoE grind one’s masteries now, but only mildly so.)

The prices of items seem horribly off. I haven’t seen a ring drop for me yet with a value that’s not 500 or 1000. Many if not all of the Rare quality clothes are 2500 denars, whether it’s the level 10 Hunter Clothes or the level 100 Warrior Clothes. One of the few things that really make any sense price-wise are the random “extra” drops from these enemies like raw meat, pieces of cloth, and the such. Which I’ve yet to find a use for — is there even a use for the Golden Egg, or am I to just sell that for six-digit figures? (Going to hold onto that for now since it is in the “Stones” section of the shop.)

(There was a reasonable answer to part of this — the player market is supposed to dictate the prices for rares. I still have no idea what a Golden Egg is supposed to do though. Right now apparently it does nothing.)

To get away from the trend of suggestions in the past few paragraphs, I’ve found another glitch. Somehow or other, someone else’s game in the level 6-10 area didn’t finish properly and is now a “ghost”. Trying to join this “ghost” game ended up failing for me, so I started my own game. After the first round, my game froze and I subsequently had to exit. This ended up making another “ghost” game, and after the second time of attempting this (and making yet another “ghost” game appear) I decided to refresh. I could once more play without freezing, although…the “ghost” games are still there. There doesn’t seem to be any way to get rid of them either.

(Seems it’s a problem with their service provider and not them specifically, or so the devs have said.)

Flag Post

Wow Bob thank you for the great help. Today I’ll be fixing more stuff. The inventory glitch happens because of new items that we added just before beta and forgot to thoroughly test them. Will be fixed today.

Tarantulka, as for the (-) item, did you set the price like that manually? or did it put – for no reason? If manually, I will have to restrict it to positive numbers.

Flag Post

Actually I was in inventory bug to empty my slot I tried to put my item to the market 999999999999… lots of nines but it transformed to – . I knew it but forgot at night :) max letter capacity maybe to 9 would be nice. And there is a problem with Pistole De Locura it never open Im 44Lv and have 24skillpoints but when i click + and done a few seconds later my points come back.

Flag Post

my instance freezes when i apply my buff (critical shot)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tarantulka:

Actually I was in inventory bug to empty my slot I tried to put my item to the market 999999999999… lots of nines but it transformed to – . I knew it but forgot at night :) max letter capacity maybe to 9 would be nice. And there is a problem with Pistole De Locura it never open Im 44Lv and have 24skillpoints but when i click + and done a few seconds later my points come back.

sounds like an Integer overflow.

Flag Post

hi, i got my skill tab bugged now :( im currently using one handed sword skills. I have gone into the dual wield tree and suddenly i cant upgrade any of the dual wield skill sword skills anymore as well as the + sword dmg skill. im meeting the requirements, got enough skill points but cant click it to upgrade ( no + is there). All the other skills are fine.

Flag Post

I’m wondering, will our accounts get reset as soon as the game gets out of beta?

Flag Post

Yes I believe after beta the high scores will also be reset. But we’ll give testers a bonus when the game is released.

Flag Post

More bugs! =D

First things first, if someone buys one of your items while you’re in battle, the game likes to spam you with messages about the person buying this one item. Repeatedly. Even though it’s just ONE item.

Upgrades: There’s a fair bit of work involving these. As we talked about earlier, the number upgrade stones used in this process really should be reduced from its current 1:1 ratio of stones to upgrade level (needing at least 5050 upgrade stones is really going to break the bank).

If only weapons are going to be upgradable, then I’d go for a small reduction. Perhaps “ceiling(x/2) stones” where x is the upgrade level being attempted, rather than “x stones” as it is now. If other equipment items are going to be upgradable with stones at some point as well, then I would suggest “ceiling(x/10)” instead.

Also, the number of stones needed really should be displayed to the players. This will avoid confusion as to why nothing happens when they click Start.

In the Gold mall, why on earth do normal Upgrade Stones cost more Gold than the superior Great Upgrade Stones? This makes no sense — I’d knock the cost of the normal Upgrade Stones down to 1 each, that way people always have something to buy with their gold pieces.

Check your whispers, I left you a particularly abusable bug there that I think should really be dealt with.

Mastery exp gain: Well, it’s a lot slower now. Not ridiculous like it used to be, but I’d still really like heals from the Force mastery tree to contribute towards the Force mastery exp. Also, the AoE’s are much more balanced out now with the normal attacks, but it feels a bit bland getting exp when it’s 4 exp every time. If possible, I’d tweak the system a bit to allow for something a bit more varied, like this:

Miss/Block: 1 mastery exp (base value)
Hit: 3 mastery exp (base value)
Critical: 5 mastery exp (base value)

Note: Heals are always considered “Hits” since they can never miss or crit. This also means Area of Effect attacks (and heals, technically) might be a bit ridiculous in terms of exp gain again, so perhaps a reduced formula like 1/2/3 may be needed for those special cases.