[BigHeadBash] [Guide] The art of Bighead Bash (locked)

13 posts

Flag Post

Although that was pretty much common sense, I do think it was worth mentioning. This could potentially help newbies. Thumbs up

Flag Post

Press “Q” when you die so you can respawn faster
Flamethrower pwns, nuff said
Use the teleport gates
Wait to use your rage til the second you die, you’ll have it for your next life until you die

Flag Post

Nice to post all the glitches for Spicyhorse to fix.

Flag Post

The respawn instantly thing via pressing “Q” is a glitch – but one we were aware of before the game was launched. It’ll be removed soon. Enjoy it while you can! :)

As for the other suggestions – all good stuff. Aiming is critical – a person who knows how to score critical hits will quickly dominate lesser skilled players, even if they have a slightly more powerful weapon.

I also find that jumping around a lot – using double jump – while in combat can be good for confusing the enemies aim. And knowing how to reload and switch weapons – so that the weapon you just emptied is reloading in the background – is an important skill.

Flag Post

flamethrower = beast but no skill to use and its pretty cheap i suggest sniper + ray

Flag Post

imma give this a little bump cus i feel like it

Flag Post

shameless

Flag Post
Originally posted by aking78:

shameless

yep

Flag Post

This is how I think people should win (not that its probably that good [cuz Im not en=ven one-tenths as good as some of the people here] but it gets me through with decent scores.

1. Pepper grinder and flamethrower or
- grenade and rocket-launcher (sniper if it fits you) [im not good with the sniper]
2. Ambush-it doesn’t take that long actually, everybody goes everywhere. A good ambush map would be jungle. The little bushes are good for hiding(you wouldn’t believe how many people dont notice you)just keep firing at the bridge or The wings of the planes-hide on them with a shotgun loaded and when someone goes under you, BOOM! press down and fire a shot from your shotgun (make sure its critical) and then finish off with SMG.
3. Criticals. Try as hard you can to get criticals. Its easy if you try hard enough and remember to do it (i always don’t remember)

4 Always move, keep jumping around and keep an eye on you health-anywhere under half, and youll die in you next kill probably if youre not that good. Reload whenever you can(eg. between fights-heheh)

5. Also, I like spray and pray (nod to B10H4Z4RDX) Just as long as you jump around alot.
Thats all. Just some poor guys ramblings. (=

Flag Post

Some very good pointers, my weapon of choice is flame thrower & a Spyder II, its always deadly. Staying still always gets u killed so its always a good idea to be on the move. The place I do like to ambush ppl is near the health packs, you know they are going to be there eventually.

Flag Post

Using the sniper rifle and the pepper weapon allways make great impact on teams with a decent amount of good players.

I like to talk with friends on Skype, we plan what we like to call “the sandwich attack”, we stand on two diferent sides and we crush the oponents in the middle making it impossible for them to run or to even think of running.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Volrathx:

Using the sniper rifle and the pepper weapon allways make great impact on teams with a decent amount of good players.

I like to talk with friends on Skype, we plan what we like to call “the sandwich attack”, we stand on two diferent sides and we crush the oponents in the middle making it impossible for them to run or to even think of running.

its called flanking

Originally posted by kikola:

Some very good pointers, my weapon of choice is flame thrower & a Spyder II, its always deadly. Staying still always gets u killed so its always a good idea to be on the move. The place I do like to ambush ppl is near the health packs, you know they are going to be there eventually.

I dont have a spyder II T.T (buy me one?)

Flag Post

Well, for my two cents on strategy, this is generally how I play:

Mobility:

Like bio said, constant mobility is definitely a plus, but you also don’t want to use predictable mobility. Don’t run around your enemy and jump/double jump in static curves. By that I mean, don’t just hold one direction key down and move that way, be constantly switching your direction to make your trajectory less predictable. Usually when I double jump, I will jump away from my opponent, then double jump slightly toward them, then pull away again. This usually causes melee weapon users (flame throwers, shotguns, anything close range) to switch over to the close range the moment I start moving closer, but then they’re already dedicated to close range and I’m moving away again.

Use the ability to drop through multiple platforms at a time and any bounces in your area to your advantage, but be smart with it. Dropping straight down through a bunch of platforms can quickly put distance between you and your opponent if you need to create a gap, or outright flee, but it can also be smart to drop through only one or two layers, let the enemy follow, and then immediately jump up as they keep falling down, or jump off to the side and open fire on them.

Strategy:

Learn to predict latency. In a lot of games my ping can get decently high, because I live in the US, but am forced to play on the Europe server a lot when people aren’t in the US server. Because of this, if I shoot an enemy with my crosshairs over them and red, it will not actually be a critical hit. You have to learn to lead your aim to compensate for the latency, so when the server catches up, your crosshairs are actually over them at the point of real impact, rather than client-side impact. You’ll know you crit by hearing the sound effect, rather than seeing the crosshairs.

Learn to predict enemy movement and fire into their path, rather than their exact position. This goes hand in hand with predicting latency. You need to be constantly moving your aim to where your enemy is moving, and you can’t do that visually. The game moves too quickly to be able to look at them, point at where they have moved to, and then fire, so you need to project their motion in a solid line, and move your aim along that line at the speed at which they’re moving in order to land every shot and maximize your damage output. Don’t just wave your gun around wildly in combat, you’ll miss 90% of your shots and get owned.

Fire tracer rounds. While spray and pray is revealing, you can use a similar, less revealing method to locate your opponents at locations you would assume them to be. All you have to do is fire a single round (or if you don’t click and release quick enough, two rounds) of any long range type weapon (SMG/pepper/ray, etc) into a direction you think your enemy will be. If you hear the bullet hit, move that way and open fire, if you don’t, fire another round at a different probable location.

Think ahead. There are many places on the map that players will flock to naturally. Heal boxes, bouncing platforms, bash boxes especially. Certain little hiding spots, high ground, ledges, all sorts of things like that. You need to think ahead and realize where players will probably be, fire tracer rounds there, and explore those areas much more frequently than others, while making sure that you don’t flock to those predictable spots openly yourself.

Going along with that thought, when an enemy is low on health and escapes my line of sight, the very first thing I do is open fire on the nearest health box. I kill the player a good 70% of the time this way. Always know where the nearby HP boxes are, and be ready to shoot them whenever someone is low on health and in retreat. On the same note, try your best not to run to the most open, closest health box when you’re low. If you have a clear path to it where your enemy can’t hit you, sure, go for it, but if that box puts you, in any way, through their line of fire, do not run at it, go the other way, to a safer, maybe further away health box.

Lastly, when you’re in combat with someone who doesn’t have a close range weapon, try to get on top of them throughout the course of the fight and repeatedly jump over them while maintaining your lock on them. The closer you are to them, the more extreme of a mouse movement they have to make to correct for your position every time you pass over them. Be careful not to stand directly on top of any enemy, however, because when two units collide, the physics get a bit wonky, and your shots become unpredictable.

Oh and one more thing I forgot about, Bash is not just for offense!. I see people die with bash constantly because they hold onto it like it’s some sort of precious metal or gem. Don’t do that! Just use it the moment you enter a fight, or, if you’re low on HP, bash to get to the health boxes more quickly! Don’t bash and then engage in a fight at half HP just because you used your bash!