[Monsters' Den Chronicles] Spark of legend

53 posts

Flag Post

i just have a quick question about the spark of legend. when i use it on an item that is tier 3 it will adapt to my current tier (7) correct? so when i continue to level past tier 7 will the item continue to rise in tier or will it stay tier 7 until i use another spark on it

Flag Post

It will continue leveling with you

Flag Post

Yes, it basically converts the item to the tier fitting your level but just a little better… alot. lol

Flag Post

By making it scale with you, the item is never ‘outdated’ by having stats too low for your level, which is why in the end, you want sparked gear for everyone.

Flag Post

awesome thanks for the help

Flag Post

on that note, is it just me, or do the sparked gear not actually match the stats of the best gear you can wear for the level ? (its close, but not as high).

What i mean is, say you have a lvl 10 char wearing a sparked item. The same item at tier 4 (reqs lvl 10) seems to be better than the sparked item.

I haven’t been able to check this for sure since I’m always off by a lvl or 2 when I get something like that.

Flag Post

I’ve never noticed. Take screenie for the next time this happens!

Flag Post

Ok, take for instance the barbed brutalizer.

I bought a tier 10 one with:
20 endurance
50 retal dmg.
lvl 25 req.

If i’m not wrong, the numbers are:
+2 * Tier Endurance
+5 * Tier Endurance
Lvl 3 * Tier – 5 Req.

So a tier 11 barbed brutalizer should be
22 endurance
55 retal dmg
28 lvl req.

and tier 12 would be
24 end
60 retal
31 lvl req.

My lvl 31 confessor is wearing the sparked brutalizer, but its stats are only
22 endurance
55 retal damage

meaning sparked items are effectively matching the stats of the item ONE tier lower than what you could wear at best, if these assumptions are correct.

meaning massive gold drain/pain in the neck aside, it may be better to keep spamming apex forges on your items rather than spark them.

Flag Post

That is true, and another consequence of my bad decision to put apex forges in the special orders. But the reason is that a character is able to equip items up to one tier higher than their level— the minimum level on equipment is always lower than the level of monsters they drop from.

Flag Post

Still, free level adjustment, sparks > Spending 2k x [held item slots] per level per char.

Flag Post

per 3 levels, not per level. but yea, i did say “massive gold drain/pain in the neck aside” :P

and 2k sounds a lot NOW, but at higher levels its dirt cheap.. seeing as item prices increase with the tier.

Flag Post

Sparked equipment is never the best option. It’s just an option of convenience. The best option will always be Spirit Guide’d equipment. The problem with that is it requires you reach a high level, then reset/use different characters. It’s inconvenient, but it gives you much better equipment.

Flag Post

Let’s be frank: Spirit Guide + char reset / alternate lowlvl party is more of a legitimate cheat then an “option”.

And considering all that wasted money could’ve went to +mp or even more so +1quick elixirs, Sparked stuff is the best overall.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArcanisX:

Let’s be frank: Spirit Guide + char reset / alternate lowlvl party is more of a legitimate cheat then an “option”.

And considering all that wasted money could’ve went to +mp or even more so +1quick elixirs, Sparked stuff is the best overall.

No. So no. What you call “wasted money” can allow you to farm far more effectively. It isn’t hard to make it to where you end every battle in a single action. That, plus the fact it can cost you less money than a single Quickness tonic, makes it extremely good. Moreover, there’s no way you can afford to buy enough tonics to max out characters without resetting,* so Spirit Guides are perfect.

Sparked stuff is best if you want to just play through the game. It is not best if you want to truly min/max your characters.

*Technically, you could exploit the experience death penalty to manage it.

Flag Post

Yes, so yes.
a) well-made Sparked party kills everything in 1-2 moves on max difficulty already, I know cuz i’m there myself.
b) There is no “farm efficiently”: you level up, and enemies level up with you. So if you wasted cash on getting your gear up to date instead of Quick tonic, you’re slowly but surely getting behind.
About 30-40 levels going on like that and the party which’ve been tonic’ing itself would already compensate for that mere 1 level of gear and get ahead forever.
Finita.

Flag Post

ArcaniX, did you really just ignore the fact the entire point of my posts was to exploit the ability to reset characters? There is no “getting your gear up to date” with that. Your gear should be well beyond “up to date.”

Beyond that, given how much grinding is required to get enough Sparks of Legend for an entire party, Spirit Guides are more efficient for the ease of them, if nothing else. And since you’re talking about a lot of grinding, having an effective method for it is a good thing.

And yes, there is such a thing as “farm efficiently.” That’s why some people take longer than others to get things.

Flag Post

Originally posted by zz1000zz:

ArcaniX, did you really just ignore the fact the entire point of my posts was to exploit the ability to reset characters?

You really should not talk about “ignoring posts”, ever.

As for grinding Sparks, my “top” party presently plows through any max difficulty quests with mostly 50-levels-outdated gear, aside from Sparked weapons and massive quick elixir use. Without party resets, Spirit Guide things and whatnot: repeat, severely outdated gear.
The real reason I’d love to Spark it is to be able to safely put rare runes (crits and manaregen) in there. Little more.
So I don’t quite see the point of the whole “grinding efficiently”. 4 Sparks needed to Spark yer weapons come more or less naturally, and you can pretty much screw bothering with apex forges, much less char resets.

Flag Post

So… I have a team of Warrior: Captain, Cleric: Confessor, Rogue: Assassin, Ranger: Marksman, all with fully sparked epic sets and accessories/weapons. It is worth the farming, flies— and I mean FLIES—through anything ‘extreme’ mode. Also, no more buying apex forges and I never used/bought potions in the first place (or resto. shrines for that matter) .’. No more wasting money on anything except permanent stat enhancers in the emporium! And by stat enhancers I mean tonics of power, because… wow-o-wow, huge advantage. Also I disagree with the above stated “sparked equipment is just for convenience” because the maybe… 2/3 stat points (that are only worse than the given epic of the same tier un-sparked) that are missing at only some levels on spark equipment are made up for in the hundreds more defense they give.

Though taking the time to get 34+ sparks took a while, now I can grind through the campaigns again and enjoy the game without worrying about equipment, and its way more fun to play when money is no object :D

Just my two cents. #irony

P.S. How long did it take? You do not want to know… follow me, lets talk about the game :P

Flag Post

Why not? That you responded to something once doesn’t change whether or not you ignored it at a later point. I explicitly stated Sparked items are not best if you want to “truly min/max your characters,” something which requires resetting them to be possible. You responded by, as far as can tell, completely ignoring the point I was making. Given that, I asked if you ignored it. What is unreasonable about that?

Originally posted by Paladinprime4:

Also I disagree with the above stated “sparked equipment is just for convenience” because the maybe… 2/3 stat points (that are only worse than the given epic of the same tier un-sparked) that are missing at only some levels on spark equipment are made up for in the hundreds more defense they give.

I’m confused. Are you saying Sparked equipment give more defense than non-Sparked equipment? My understanding is the opposite is true.

Flag Post

Hello, I couldn’t find another topic, so I’ll just ask here. I found a Spark a Legend in a shrine, and I just bought a Magma Torch, which is a pretty useful item. Should I spark it now, or should I first spark a weapon ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dareth:

Hello, I couldn’t find another topic, so I’ll just ask here. I found a Spark a Legend in a shrine, and I just bought a Magma Torch, which is a pretty useful item. Should I spark it now, or should I first spark a weapon ?

A weapon would probably be a better choice. The only things which increases with tiers on a Magma Torch are the Retaliation Damage and the DoT.

Flag Post

Here I am again, and this time I have a Demon’s Tooth (dagger) and a Spirit Leech (sceptre).

Demon’s Tooth : 49 damage, 2 quickness, +5% crit’, +10 dex, with -50hp -10mp on miss
Spirit Leech : 33 damage, 10 power steal, 20 health steal, -5 quickness with -20 power on crit

Should I spark one of these, and which one ? (I also have a Crystalline sword, but I don’t use it)

Flag Post

And now, a morning light :P

Flag Post

When you get 1000 renown you get “Apex Forge” in the special orders shop for just 2000. It increases your weapon tier by 1, making spark of legends useless.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zz1000zz:

Why not? That you responded to something once doesn’t change whether or not you ignored it at a later point. I explicitly stated Sparked items are not best if you want to “truly min/max your characters,” something which requires resetting them to be possible. You responded by, as far as can tell, completely ignoring the point I was making. Given that, I asked if you ignored it. What is unreasonable about that?

Originally posted by Paladinprime4:

Also I disagree with the above stated “sparked equipment is just for convenience” because the maybe… 2/3 stat points (that are only worse than the given epic of the same tier un-sparked) that are missing at only some levels on spark equipment are made up for in the hundreds more defense they give.

I’m confused. Are you saying Sparked equipment give more defense than non-Sparked equipment? My understanding is the opposite is true.

Yeah, sparking equipment makes it legendary, which makes its defense alot more than epic items… it’s obvious to see