[Monsters' Den Chronicles] Just for fun

11 posts

Flag Post

I got a bit bored and decided to pimp out my archer so now he has 90% critical chance and 850% critical damage :D

link to image: http://i.imgur.com/nLWOH.png

took forever with gamblers dice to get socketed ring of malice and to get socketed quiver of malice. also had to refresh emporium hundreds of times for the right shards. got full socketed scoundrels equips (for the extra 3% critical) and upgraded with sparks of legend.

Flag Post

I found that there is no good shards appear when I use a level 1 player to refresh in the emporium, which player level you use to refresh??? It cost too much to update the goods at high level.

Flag Post

you first have to upgrade consumables in the emporium to the max level and then use a low level character to refresh the emporium. shards don’t always appear but just keep refreshing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eighty80s:

I found that there is no good shards appear when I use a level 1 player to refresh in the emporium, which player level you use to refresh??? It cost too much to update the goods at high level.

The game is weird, at lvl 1 you will never get shards/runes in the shop but at lvl 2 you will. So just level the guy up once and you should be fine (assuming the shop is also fully upgraded).

Flag Post

oh whoops. didnt know that o.0 that’s odd haha.

Flag Post

wow!

Gosh, a hit from this dude will not go unnoticed…

Is there anything in the game of his level he doesnt oneshot 9/10 of times?

Flag Post

any of the squares that have 90% missile protection :(
he one-hits some of the weaker enemies when they’re standing on the 50% missile protection squares though.

edit: you could also just do the same build on a rogue so you dont worry about missile protection and with that build, if you can socket dagger + dagger or dagger + shield, you could be at 99% crit…lol

edit+: I just made the same build with my rogue (assassin) and if you turn on fighting style: deadly, you can easily get critical chance above 100%
with the build I have, I only have 1 crit shard in each of venom’s kiss and the best defense (offhand) which puts me right at 102%
here’s the picture: http://i.imgur.com/Tm5mO.png

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1234qwerty4321:
Originally posted by eighty80s:

The game is weird, at lvl 1 you will never get shards/runes in the shop but at lvl 2 you will. So just level the guy up once and you should be fine (assuming the shop is also fully upgraded).

Perhaps personal experience varies. While I also found Level 1 yields no shards, level 2 was stingy compared to the much more productive yield at Level 5, where I have kept 1 character. It has been so productive that I have not ventured further, and restock charges are still an economical 350 gold.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rahsossprout:

I got a bit bored and decided to pimp out my archer so now he has 90% critical chance and 850% critical damage :D

link to image: http://i.imgur.com/nLWOH.png

took forever with gamblers dice to get socketed ring of malice and to get socketed quiver of malice. also had to refresh emporium hundreds of times for the right shards. got full socketed scoundrels equips (for the extra 3% critical) and upgraded with sparks of legend.

As a build on the socketed strategy, the Scoundrel set is not a good option to get the extra 3% critical damage bonus for the 6th item. The reason is simple and it is the same reason even the Prowler set is not worth wearing in its entirety; the Blackheart’s Mask. It not only gives 3% critical damage itself, on a critical damage hit it gives the wearer +10 power and +12 quickness. Therefore the more critical damage hits, the faster the wearer becomes. As Gollum says, “Precious.”

And now that we’re freed up from the confines of a set, we are free to search for other special and rare items that together yield more than the rather anemic set bonuses. If there is any reason to wear the Scoundrel set, it is because as light armor, it is 6 quickness points faster than any medium gear, which after equipping with high critical damage, is fairly significant since defense becomes even less a concern than attacking more often. But that is an argument in favor of any light armor gear.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I just reset my save data so that I could have a low level character for cheap store stock refreshes. Which characters do you recommend leveling up vs. which to keep at a low level?