[Monsters' Den Chronicles] Item Drop Rates from Dimensional Pockets

27 posts

Flag Post

Check this thread for a good strategy on farming dimensional pockets.

ITEM DROP RATES FROM DIMENSIONAL POCKETS
08% - Spark of Legend (x1)
51% - Random Epic Item (x1)
35% - Random Rare Item (x1-2)
06% - Random Tonic (x1)

Results are currently inaccurate due to sample size of only 552 Dimensional Pockets.
We will need a larger sample size for more accuracy.
If anyone else with a large stash of Dimensional Pockets would care to post their results (example format below), I will combine all the data and keep the drop rates at the top of the thread up to date.

My Sample Results
044/552 Spark of Legend (x1)
283/552 Random Epic Item (x1)
194/552 Random Rare Item (x1-2)
031/552 Random Tonic (x1)

Flag Post

From 46 pockets total:

4 sparks of legend
4 tonics (+1 str, +1 int, +1 dex, and +1 end, don’t know if you can get other tonics)
26 epic items
23 rare items (9 pockets gave 2 rares, 5 gave 1 rare)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1234qwerty4321:

From 46 pockets total:

4 sparks of legend
4 tonics (+1 str, +1 int, +1 dex, and +1 end, don’t know if you can get other tonics)
26 epic items
23 rare items (9 pockets gave 2 rares, 5 gave 1 rare)

Just checking, but 4 + 4 + 26 + 9 + 5 = 48. Did you get pairs of epics, or tonics, or something? Or is there a typo somewhere?

You can get other tonics. I got eight stat tonics, and one Tonic of Power (+5 Power Permanent)

That’s weird that you got groups of just one rare. Out of my 136 Pockets, when rares dropped (51 times), I always got two rares. I wonder if it has to do with the level of the pocket?? I’ll update the wording.

Flag Post

Well I’ll admit I was kinda lazy when opening, just mass clicked then counted items then tried to make sense of the 23 rare items I got (9*2 + 5*1 = 23). Probably just miscounted the rare items by 1 which would give 12 pockets giving 24 rares, for 4+4+26+12 = 46 total pockets.

Flag Post

I just opened about 320ish pockets and I didn’t see this thread until I had sold everything….but I got 29 sparks

edit: not very helpful considering it’s pretty well established that the spark drop rate is 10% haha….i could do another run through with my cleric and actually count this time. i only stopped last time cuz my inventory had filled up

Flag Post

123 pockets this time:
6 sparks of legend
6 tonics (all +1 end)
63 epic items
48 pockets gave 95 rare items…and I’m positive this time (set it up so that only two bags would accept items and have triple checked the number). Maybe there’s a remote chance of only getting one rare item?

Flag Post

Updated original post with both of 1234qwerty4321’s samples. I will probably do another large batch some time this weekend myself.
Just like rahsossprout said, Spark of Legend is looking to be around 10% which is probably the drop rate people are the most interested in.
More samples would still be helpful though. If people keep giving sample data I’ll keep updating this thread until we get a larger sample pool.

Flag Post

145 pockets:
11 sparks of legend
9 tonics (3 +1 int, 4 +1 end, 1 +1 dex, 1 +1 str)
88 epic items
73 rares from 37 pockets, again being one rare short. I’m starting to think this is a glitch in the game, or I’m just going crazy.

Flag Post

what determines what tier level the items are from the dimensional pockets?

EDIT – Thanks for answer

Flag Post
Originally posted by ballzac:

what determines what tier level the items are from the dimensional pockets?

It’s the average party level after xp from the waves is factored in. I believe the exact equation is (average party lvl)/3 and you round up any fractional part.

Flag Post

just opened 102

7 sparks
46 purple
46 blue (43 were double items and 3 were single items)
3 tonic

Flag Post

Updated! Thanks for the samples!

Flag Post

Fifty pockets, two shards. I have such terrible luck.

Flag Post

Guys, how do you do to obtain so many pockets? I just completed act V and i received one, i don’t think you completed act V hundreds of times… So, how?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bombatomica:

Guys, how do you do to obtain so many pockets? I just completed act V and i received one, i don’t think you completed act V hundreds of times… So, how?

read the first post again ;)

Originally posted by presspl4y:

Check this thread for a good strategy on farming dimensional pockets.

Flag Post

Thanks dna, i totally missed it :) Very interesting, but i don’t have any of the equipments needed, i’m only level 20… guess i have to level up a bit. One last thing, just for curiosity. What does spark of legend do?

Flag Post

Spark of Legend does two things:
1. The item gets another socket for enchantments.
2. The item assumes the level of the user.

The second ability is extremely powerful. Figuratively, it means that the item will ‘level up’ with the character. If you find a weapon that suits the character’s playing style the most (usually an epic), it’s worth enhancing it with a Spark of Legend – so that it’ll always be the best weapon available.

Items that I personally deem to be worthy of Spark of Legend:
- Devil’s Tine: No need for details, really.
- Demon’s Tooth: Ditto. Time to punish Infiltrators.
- Blightreaper: Try it with Electrical Storm.
- Deadeye: An excellent weapon. Would work nice with Hail of Arrows it it weren’t for that silly limitation… Still impressive.

Flag Post

Wow…thanks Frost, a game-killer item indeed :)

Flag Post

Who likes Wikipedia? I do!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error#Different_confidence_levels
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_random_sample

So the current sample size “n” is 552. We’re 99% certain that the margin of error for this sample is:

1.29 / sqrt(552) = 0.055 (approximate)

or +-5.5%. We need more pockets…lots more pockets :)

To get the margin or error under +-1% (at 99% certainty) it’s going to take approximately 17000 pockets.

Flag Post

To get the margin or error under +-1% (at 99% certainty) it’s going to take approximately 17000 pockets.

A problem with this conclusion is it requires perfect reporting. If people report inaccurate numbers, it can affect our confidence in the results. The problem is exasperated if the values being used aren’t all displayed, as appears to be the case here (the original reported values don’t seem available anymore).

I doubt it will really matter, but I’ve seen plenty of faulty error margin calculations lead people to wrong conclusions.

Flag Post

When I don’t get 1/3 of the pocket is Spark of legend, I will not save the game and reload the game. After playing one or two match more and start to open again. Using this method I got 1/3 Drop rate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zz1000zz:

A problem with this conclusion is it requires perfect reporting. If people report inaccurate numbers, it can affect our confidence in the results. The problem is exasperated if the values being used aren’t all displayed, as appears to be the case here (the original reported values don’t seem available anymore).

I doubt it will really matter, but I’ve seen plenty of faulty error margin calculations lead people to wrong conclusions.

True, but I’d be more concerned about biased reporting. “OMG only 1 shard from 100 pockets” or “OMG I got 20 shards from 100 pockets” for example. However in the end I doubt this will matter that much.

Also another minor detail is that the items being generated aren’t truly random, they’re determined from some random-looking equation. However it’s random enough for most purposes.

Originally posted by eighty80s:

When I don’t get 1/3 of the pocket is Spark of legend, I will not save the game and reload the game. After playing one or two match more and start to open again. Using this method I got 1/3 Drop rate.

Huh didn’t even think about that. Did you back up your save before opening the pockets and then just kept recopying the save until you got the desired result? Because I thought the game saved automatically after closing/returning to the main menu.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zz1000zz:

True, but I’d be more concerned about biased reporting. “OMG only 1 shard from 100 pockets” or “OMG I got 20 shards from 100 pockets” for example. However in the end I doubt this will matter that much.

I didn’t mention it specifically, but what I said covers that too. One of the most common problems in science is people reporting results they expect to get, but not the others. In this case, someone who thought they were getting cheated might share their numbers when they had bad luck but not bother when they had good luck. They wouldn’t be intending to deceive, but they would bias the results, and thus mislead people.

As for eighty80s idea (which could actually lead to the same problem), it’s much simpler than that. All you have to do is close the game’s tab in your browser. Saving when you exit to the menu doesn’t mean the game saves when the entire app is closed out. It’s a common trick to exploiting RNGs in Flash games. In fact, if you’re really cheap, you can open two instances of a game, and thus even cheat hardcore modes. If you don’t like what happens in one instance (such as your savefile getting deleted), you close it out and play off the other. You can even save your game in it after, then open another tab.

Flag Post

250 pockets, 314 total items
blue: 67, (64 double, 3 single)
spark: 21
tonic: 9
purple: 153

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bombatomica:

Thanks dna, i totally missed it :) Very interesting, but i don’t have any of the equipments needed, i’m only level 20… guess i have to level up a bit. One last thing, just for curiosity. What does spark of legend do?

The equipment needed is VERY. VERY. easy to get. The thread there just shows the optimal equipment, you can pull off the same trick with really just storied gear or even magical gear. There’s only three things you need to do:

1) Character: Put every point into endurance and set fighting style to benediction.
2) Gear: Put on gear which has retal damage / +endurance / +hp. / + hpregen (Retal damage for speed, others for longer survival.)
3) Potions: Drink the hpregen pot and damage protection pot.

The main part is number 3), those make it very easy to survive, so the only difficulty is getting the retal damage in 2), which you can just use the magical/storied/rare items to get small amounts of and just afk patiently.