[Terra Monsters] What Happened + What we've done about it

20 posts

Flag Post

I’ll briefly explain what happened. Firstly our back up software started failing on Wednesday but did not notify me that the backups it was now making were empty. The back up software only holds the last 6 backups and was overwriting the working backups. On Friday, our gateway server was hacked meaning the part of the system which links users to their accounts was wiped.

What I’ve now done to sort this issue is:

- Close the security hole that existed allowing the hacker to get in.
- Fix the issue with the back up software
- Created my own custom backup software to run redundantly alongside the main back up software.
- Created the Account Recovery System

We have separate records for users who have previously bought Kreds so we can assist those users in getting their Kreds back. The Account Recover System is much better at finding users who had at least 1 extra ranch.

I do take full responsibility for what happened and cannot apologize enough to all of those effected. Hopefully the above measures will hopefully bring back some faith in our system.

Flag Post

I’m happy enough: I managed to get my account back. I just hope other people are as lucky as I was.

Flag Post

not me!

Flag Post

Thank you for your rushed response that saved me my account.

Flag Post

I’ve also had some messages requesting that I prove that backups are now working:

The tables on this database are backed up twice daily and there’s a back up to the back up system…

Flag Post

My account is safe. Thanks a lot :)

Flag Post

i need help. i tried the recovery, but i got the wrong person. i had a lv 14 sootimander and a pandemite with equal level. i havent used the ball i got, and i have atleast 1 status heal. i forgot how i looked
now, im gona try recover again

Flag Post

Good idea to start spending kreds again?

Flag Post

I am sorry that this happened to you SocialTitans, but I am glad you have done what you have to fix the problem.

Flag Post

You are now safe to start spending Kreds again, the system has never been more safe, secure and robust now.

Killaman44444 – if you continue to have troubles, please do feel free to send me a message on here.

Flag Post

What if you can’t seem to find your account? I’ve tried atleast 13 times, and still no account.

Flag Post

i too cannot seem to find my account, i restarted my computer to refresh and still no luck. have tried on different days for 3 days now… no luck, please help.

Flag Post

same here, except social found my account. but i still cant access it………. sad face.

Flag Post

I have been unable to find my account either, so I’m starting over. It was my first of 3 and rather messed up, so it’s not so bad. I found the other 2 fairly easily. but hadn’t played this one in a while, so I couldn’t remember all the details. I knew what terramon I had and a rough idea of their levels, as well as how many terra dollars I had, but not where I was or what I was doing. You can search by avatar now, but I couldn’t remember exactly what mine looked like – I tried several possible permutations, but no luck. I eagerly await my Terra Dollar compensation and will enjoy developing a better version of this character now that I know how not to screw it up.

Flag Post

Is there any alternative to get my account back?
Cause I can’t seem to find it , can you gimme my account back the owner guy? I mean cause of your previous carelessness , many of us have lost our accounts! (no offense intended)
I mean not just me , many more like me who have lost account like I did and are unable to retrieve it!
Can you gimme my account back mate , as an alternative way?
Or not just me , to everyone who can’t seem to get it from the searching thing?
Fyi , I had a Niptune , Sootimander and Rachet (in my party) and a tomaling and a moxtail in the ranch.
and all my party monsters were 15+ , I don’t want to start again :(
I was at veredane , but I cant seem to get my account back!!!
Please oh owner dude , help me out I BEG OF YOU!

Flag Post

terramo – I can see your account in Skyward, you should be able to login again now?

@ All the others – if you can’t find your account – Please contact me and give as much as the following information as you can:

- Last Map (A rough idea will be fine)
- If you had any extra ranches (this will speed up finding you greatly)
- The pets you had and an idea of their levels
- What your avatar looked like
- The last quest you remember completing.

I’m currently working through a queue of around 100 accounts. Accounts that have made it to at least Verdane tend to have a good chance of being found.

Flag Post

SocialTitans Most of My Info Is On My Lets Play I Have

-1 Ranch
-Never Used The Ball, 1 EXP 10%, 3 Arcane Water, Flowers & Potions
-I Was Last At Vesport
-You Can See What Im Wearing, but Green Jacket with a Black T-Shirt, Black Hair, Black Pants, and Green Shoes

For Monsters/Lvl and Stuff :D Thanks ST
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRl3qUJFGSs&list=UUlqSDK7yhvwK64QdeBmDE_Q&index=3&feature=plcp

Flag Post

Anything its been a month and 3 days D: I have to restart for my fans on youtube, but I am playing on Facebook because I don’t actually want my account deleted.

Flag Post

how do i do a recover please help

Flag Post
Originally posted by 16johnp:

how do i do a recover please help

Type accountrecovery in game.