[8BitMMO (Construction Sandbox)] Bugs, Glitches & Graphical Issues

19 posts

Flag Post

Bugs, Glitches & Graphical issues

I think it should be wise if we have one topic where we can submit all the bugs and stuff we experience in the game to help Sim9 improve the game.
Sim9, Maybe you can make this the official bugs report topic?

Flag Post

Ok, I’ll start with the bugs, glitches and graphical issues I found so far and found myself irritated by it.

Lawyercats attacking eachother
I dont know whether this is intended or not but sometimes when I get hurt by a lawyer cat other lawyercats get hurt as well and die. This happens occasionally when multiple cats are following me.

Inventory limit
My inventory limit decreases every time I place and pick up blocks.
I tested it: I bought dirt blocks till my inventory was full (250) I placed all 250 on the ground till my inventory was completly empty. Then i tried to pick up all the blocks i just placed only to found out that i couldnt pick up all the blocks. Around 30 blocks were still lying on the ground while the game says that my inventory is full. The weird thing is that my inventory says that i have 250 blocks (This is another bug where the inventory shows a wrong (and always larger) amount than you really have. Now i dropped all the blocks in my inventory and tried to pick them up again. Guess what?, I could hold even less blocks now. The inventory now said that i have 193 dirt while i couldnt pick up any more blocks. This went on until my inventory limit was really low and multiple piles of blocks were on the ground. The only way to solve this is to refresh the page and relog in. This is extremly inconvenient and i often find myself refreshing when im building,removing and relocating things.

Inventory not always shows correct actual amount of blocks
for example inventory says i have 2 grass blocks but in reality i can only place one.

Sticky bugged blocks
This truly ennoys me! Sometimes a block just wont get picked up. I click like a maniac trying to get that block and i hear that ‘pick up’ sound but nothing really happens… If other blocks are behind it then those blocks will be picked up but the bugged block will stay there. Even if I refresh the game and try again it wont go away. The only way to get rid of it is to try it again some time later. This helps sometimes too: I refresh the game, wait 5 minutes, turn off shadows, zoom in completely and then it sometimes works.

Outlined blocks
In rare occasions a block shows outlines around it while it isnt supposed to do that. It looks really ugly and it looks like it is flaoting above the other blocks.

Road block
The shadow side of the road block is the same colour as the top side. This looks weird and causes illusions. The road blocks have the same formation as the dirt blocks.

Blocks without outlining
Every 16th row of blocks on the X-axis dont show outlines. This has something to do with regions i think. It makes everything look messy.

More outlining problems
Sometimes if I travel too fast the blocks dont load properly and they show no outlining at all. First one shows the problem and the second one how it is supposed to look.

There is a bug where roofs dont get removed if you’re traveling in large buildings but Chaos described that already elsewhere. These are all the Bugs i found so far. Most of them are just minor issues but the sticky blocks and inventory limit bugs are really ennoying. Keep up the good work and I hope you will solve these bugs as fast as possible :)

Flag Post

Thanks, I agree sticky blocks is a big problem. I’ve searched for it before, but wasn’t able to discover the problem. I hadn’t see the inventory limit issue before, I will try to reproduce.

Flag Post

a new roof glitch, 2 actually. 1). it deletes the blocks above it if you are deleting under a roof. 2). http://i50.tinypic.com/2ynpldw.png

Flag Post

Thanks for the report, should have a patch out later today

Flag Post

I was really pissed when i discovered that roof glitch yesterday. It made it quite impossible to remove unwanted blocks without ruining your structure or building. Thanks for fixing it that fast.

@carefullkiller, that 2nd problem, I don’t think that’s a glitch. Sim9 changed the way roofs will be removed if you’re under them. Now it depends on the height of the roof above you. Previously it was fixed and only the 2 layers of blocks above you would be shown. I don’t like it either, I liked it the way it was before the update.
Sim9, maybe you can make it so you can choose between the 2 types in the options menu?

Flag Post

Np

As long as the roof above you is flat, it’ll remove all of it. If you want to make a curved roof, make it curved on top, but another layer that’s flat on bottom.

Flag Post

Sim9, I have a weird problem. My town is missing regions!!
My town was expanded once so it was 5×5 regions big. I expanded it again and after that expansion my town is supposed to be 7×7 regions… But it isn’t! It’s missing 2 regions. Those 2 regions still belong to the wilderness.
Help me! D:

Here is a map with the all the regions of my town and which 2 regions are missing (the blue ones)

Btw, my town is called Lunargenta and is located at -90,-90

Flag Post

Need a bug? The height effect does not always help, as when I try to open a door in my fortress I get “The bunker arena” or something.I still like teleporting though, maybe you could make the a toggle-able effect, really like it if you did!I need to also note that occasionally drop active ends up failing along with pickup item

Flag Post

El – I have fixed your town

livelong – coords? I can take a look

Flag Post

I’ll create an example

Flag Post

Its at the first Turkish coffee house

Flag Post

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

For some reason i cant start the game.Icant press the blue liink’here’ in the phrase click here to play.What do i do now?

Flag Post

Bet your javascript in your browser is turned off — try enabling it

Flag Post

Not yet mentioned.
1. Blocks placed off-map. The mega-map says I have a block at 128,76.
I remember a corner roof block disappearing while I was building near the edge, so that’s probably it.
I’ve tried picking it up based on location flags, but it doesn’t work.
2. Ability to place multiple blocks in the same location when z is locked.
They are all pickable (FIFO order), but they are effectively lost until you pull everything apart again to find them.
Suggestion: As long as it needs to be fixed, a convenient behaviour for building would be to replace the old block with the new one, returning the old one to inventory.
3. Not really a bug, but might be in some cases. It’s possible for an unowned building tile to be masked by foreground structure above render height belonging to someone else. I discovered this by placing a block then being unable to retrieve it even though I could see it until I zoomed in.

Flag Post

Good points, thanks for post

Regarding #2 – I want to fix this but I think some people are using it to create traps, and to store lots of blocks. I’ll probably fix this after I add some sort of container system for storing blocks properly.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator