[Immortal Empire]Overpowered/Underpowere d Skills

28 posts

Flag Post

Post all skills u think are overpowered or underpowered.

I’ll start with Dryad’s Pixie Dust.. it lasts very long and both silences and reduces spell shield. It’s too op for pvp. Priestess silence doesnt last that long .. and the dust also has other effects

Flag Post

Pixie dust is only op when you play 5 v 1, because I blocked your way out of my pixie dust with my summons and immortals. When you play 5 v 5 you cant block all immortals and they can regroup out of the pixie dust range.

Flag Post

blocking even 2 for one turn makes it just at potent as pristess’s silence. And to escape the area u have to run (and it means losing the possiblity to attack). I didn’t tell it’s too op cus u trapped me while 5v1. It’s too powerful even 5v5.

Flag Post

the pixie dust skill is powerful but is the dryad unit overpowered?

Flag Post

Congrats you throw pixie dust down and block my berserker in and in the next 2 turns i demolish all the units blocking me, and at the same time my other immortals circle around and destroy your dryad.

Certain abilities used correctly will seem ‘OP’ however the real meaning of OP is that something is unbalanced and always gives a clear advantage to the one with it. Kids throw the word around so much just because an ability/character is powerful in the right circumstances and used correctly that its practically lost all meaning.

Flag Post

Don’t call me a kid just because you think it’s not OP. Ofc even the strongest skill not used correctly will suck. The point is that the skill is just a bit too strong (in other words overpowered), as long as u aren’t someone with no sense of tactics, this skill is the best disabling skill in the game. In terms of damage buffing. Cast pixie and then an AOE spell.. (does more damage than casting vul and then a aoe spell if there r more than 2 ppl). Plus it silences and Lasts for more than 2 turns. Making it impossible to proceed from this direction unless u r seriously overpowering the enemy. So either back down or circle the enemy around because he used a NORMAL skill, not an ULTI. Makes sense.

Flag Post

i pvped someone with 3 dryads

Flag Post

you say “as long as u aren’t someone with no sense of tactics…” why should anyone cater to the lowest common denominator? I say, if you want to be successful you need to learn tactics, not nerf everything you are not skillful enough to deal with.

Flag Post

^what this guy said.

Basically, if you suck, stop sucking. Or, at the very least, stop using ’IT’S OP’ as a scapegoat, because anyone with a decent amount of skill + common sense will immediately drop you off the deep end with logic.

With that said, don’t put your immortals into a position to get shagged by a pixie dust + AoE spell in the first place. This is also known as the ‘tactical approach’. And backing up to avoid getting owned is a completely acceptable tactic, so I’m not sure why that’s an issue…

Flag Post

@FrostLyfe: I’ll explain it bluntly since u didn’t understand it. Only an idiot wouldn’t be able to use pixie dust efficiently. It is like a wall that u either sacrafice lots of time or hitpoints to pass, or wait for it to perish since when u ented, you can’t cast and are more vulnerable. The tactical advantage this spell provides is just too big.

I do say either nerf the ability or make it a double edged sword (Anyone even allies who r in the pixie dust should be affected by the spell)

Flag Post

@Raddok: You want me to use fancy words so I sound more intelligent? Think for yourself. I created the topic so we can discuss about skills, not to discuss about my 5v1 match, or about me using the “too op” sentence. I’m just saying that the spell for a standard non ultimate has too many utility uses, or the numers that go with the skills are too positive for the user.

1. You can run from it, but if you get silenced with the priestess spell u can also run and wait for it to pass.
2. Your spell resistance lowers, and that means you are more vulnerable (everyone in the area), you can also run from it, but try to run from the spell when the dryad casts it, then every caster nukes you with earthquakes, phoenix strikes and meteors…
3. When the above happens and of course half of your party of maybe the whole party cant cast any spells since they are in the area have to waste most of their turn to get out of the silence so they are able to cast any spell that can save their ass. That means that not only the party was ‘silenced’ but was defenseless unless they went out of the dust.
4. Even in pve the spell is way too strong, mobs dont run so making a dead trap for casters or making scorpions unable to stun you (thus saving much time and health for your tanks) is easy.
5. Did i mention that the pixie dust lasts longer than the priestess silence? Casting it on a boss mob not only silences it for longer, but also reduces his spell shield making his more vulerable to spells… And it’s just ONE spell.
6. The cast time is ridiculously low.

Give me atleast 5 valid examples where the priestess vulnerable and silence are atleast equal to the pixie dust.

Flag Post

a discussion thread has just become a flaming thread…
chill guys. lol.

Flag Post

earthquakes phoenix strikes meteors sounds like my party lol

Flag Post

I’d like to agree with Dhanken. I’m somewhat biased towards priestess but I find it weird that priestess’ spell which only silences one target is generally a weaker silencing tool than an aoe that silences AND reduces spell shield.

In pvp, on top of the points Dhanken mentioned, I’d like to point out that you can probably drop the dust around a tower, effectively zoning out an enemy player and taking the tower for yourself. Although I have very little pvp experience, this seems like a very big advantage.

Finally, I’ve noticed a trend where people respond to balancing discussions with things that boil down to ‘’The developers put it in, of course it’s balanced.‘’ Please don’t be one of those people :) (If anyone played Dragon Nest, they know what I’m talking about). Remember, developers are people too! And people make mistakes ^^

Flag Post

I would like to point out that gears are king in pvp. For example if you can get gears with 90 percent protection..

High level solo parties really shine here because with only 1 unit they can farm gears faster.

Flag Post

so in terms of character balance i’d just choose the one you’d like to use and get really really good gears

Flag Post

AhhAhhAhh:
Apparently you never played anyone 5v1 that knew how to use their 5 immortals(more immortals = more disabling skills). If you did you wouldn’t say that (and that’s not really the topic of this thread).
Also, gear is king in everything. If people really got good gear for their immortals, it’s balanced besides skill base (which is the topic of this thread). I do say that the more characters u got, the better the numbers u can get (more damage overall).
Lastly, There is a hardcap (limit) to protection and spell shield (75%). A single lv 50 character can get 45% protection from items, which is extremly hard (a good immortal usualy has around 30% imo). To get more you need to farm radiance or spend money.

Since I anwsered your post, Please DO NOT post anything that is irrevelant to the thread. It is about SKILLS, if you wish to discuss 5v1 balance or gear balance create a new topic.

Flag Post

I understand where you are coming from – the game needs to be fair – people play online games because they want to escape to a world that is fair – the real world only have a mask of fairness – feel good lines like “American Dream” or “Yes We Can” – real life is a machine greater than our control – you could get hit by a bus randomly and you wouldn’t know what happened – that’s why we have crime and punishment and wars – so we can feel like justice exists – it’s all a lie – lall of it – we feel that we are the center of everything but our existence is pretty much negligible compared to the grand scheme of things – trapped in our cycle of being born reproducing dying… the universe is big, man, – we are a tiny speck in our galaxy, and our galaxy is like an speck of a larger world that we can not begin to comprehend -

Flag Post
Originally posted by AhhAhhAhh:

I understand where you are coming from – the game needs to be fair – people play online games because they want to escape to a world that is fair – the real world only have a mask of fairness – feel good lines like “American Dream” or “Yes We Can” – real life is a machine greater than our control – you could get hit by a bus randomly and you wouldn’t know what happened – that’s why we have crime and punishment and wars – so we can feel like justice exists – it’s all a lie – lall of it – we feel that we are the center of everything but our existence is pretty much negligible compared to the grand scheme of things – trapped in our cycle of being born reproducing dying… the universe is big, man, – we are a tiny speck in our galaxy, and our galaxy is like an speck of a larger world that we can not begin to comprehend -

Eh… While what you say maybe true in some perspective, you do realise that what you just said was completely irrelevant to this thread, right?

Anyways, I sort of agree with Dhanken :/
Disabling skills is enough, but also lowering spell shield? Dryad doesn’t exactly have much spells that directly damage the target, but it’s still a bit too powerful.

Flag Post

Sacrafice hits the same as vengeance, but sacrafice takes away some of your health. Should hit/heal higher.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StarlandAI:

Sacrafice hits the same as vengeance, but sacrafice takes away some of your health. Should hit/heal higher.

Heh… But Sacrifice can be used to heal aswell, though Vengence can attack multiple enemies so they are fine…

Flag Post

The spells are not all supposed to be equivalent! Comparing Vengeance / Sacrifice or Silence / Pixie Dust directly is like comparing apples and oranges. The variety is what makes them interesting!

Flag Post

Trolled by Karma000.

Flag Post

Although I agree that pixie dust is very powerful (probably a bit too powerful) in pvp it is well needed in pve. without this skill dryad wouldn’t be able to kill junji solo. I’ve been playing dryad for a while now and imo the dryad needs to protect itself from any spells because it is dead once silenced or stunned from an equal lvl char as it’s dmg is usually not as high as a strength chars and it has no selfheal. And the summons are not really a big help anymore on lvl 50. So a very important part in this is the cooldown time aswell. dryad can protect itself with spirit armor and pixie dust and the cooldowns atm are perfect to keep the protection up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blutor:

Although I agree that pixie dust is very powerful (probably a bit too powerful) in pvp it is well needed in pve. without this skill dryad wouldn’t be able to kill junji solo. I’ve been playing dryad for a while now and imo the dryad needs to protect itself from any spells because it is dead once silenced or stunned from an equal lvl char as it’s dmg is usually not as high as a strength chars and it has no selfheal. And the summons are not really a big help anymore on lvl 50. So a very important part in this is the cooldown time aswell. dryad can protect itself with spirit armor and pixie dust and the cooldowns atm are perfect to keep the protection up.

So if the problem is that it’s OP in PvP but neccessary in PvE, Then why not reduce the range sightly? Currently, it takes a 5 steps to walk out of pixie dust from the middle, Slow used in combination with this makes it still a very powerful move in PvP, but computer generated enemies don’t even bother moving out of the pixie dust.

Eh…You can still kill Junji because Junji will not move from the spot unless you go out of her range…

P.S. I know I suck at editing images >.<