[Monsters' Den Chronicles] What's in the Premium Content?

16 posts

Flag Post

For anyone on the fence, here’s a full breakdown of what is (and isn’t) in the Premium Content package for Monsters’ Den Chronicles.

1. Extra Characters

Unlock ten new characters, one of each class. These new heroes start with visually-distinct equipment, but are otherwise the same as the starting heroes. Parties can be formed from a mix of old and new characters.

This greatly increases your options for party composition, as you can (for instance) have two Confessors, or an all-Mage party.

2. Campaign Bonuses and Modifiers

The premium edition also unlocks new ways to customize each campaign.

Campaign bonuses let you choose between different benefits for a campaign.

• Experience: Experience earned from battle increased by 20%.
  • Reward: The gold reward for campaign completion will be doubled.
  • Recovery: Additional 25% Health and Power recovery after battle.

Campaign modifiers are optional changes to the rules.

• ‘True Hit’: Use different accuracy calculations that are biased towards success.
  • Fixed Level: During a dungeon campaign the enemies will not increase in level.
  • Lethality: Enemies have 25% less health, and deal 20% more damage.

3. Sparks of Legend

With your purchase, you get a bonus of five Sparks of Legend in your inventory, immediately. If your inventory is full, the game will try again to add any sparks you are owed each time the game starts.

These sparks function exactly the same as the ones that can be found (rarely) through normal play. When used to enhance an equipment item, that item will then automatically scale to the level of whoever equips it. The base armor rating and/or damage of the item also increases.

If these sparks (or the items they enhance) are sold or destroyed, they cannot be recovered. However, if you choose to reset your saved data entirely via the options menu, you will start with all five of them.

Flag Post

Is it too late to add another campaign modifier?

A “challenge” mode that has increased monster levels? Eg lvl 100,000 player vs lvl 150,000 monsters (soon 100,000 will be considered “low level”)

Flag Post

it would be nice if you could have a special character with customize-able abilities, i.e. mix and match of all the best abilities and fighting styles, as well as suitability for all armor types.

it would be a nice perk for those kred buyers :)

peace out.

Flag Post

I bought the premium content already, and I am not regretting it at all, but is there any chance you guys could add more difficulties? Personally, I think everyone should have access to at least a “Harder” modifier, than maybe for those of us that got premium, a “Super Hard” mod?

Flag Post

Harder than Extreme?

Flag Post

Extreme has been killed by the gamekill style strategies such as the retaliation builds, and it can be hard to find a way to make your character the best you want it to be but also keep the game fun. So I can see the people who’s spacebar is now broken from that rock sitting on it need a new challenge.

Also, I’ve looked over the premium content from both this forum and your website and I noticed there technically is no more gameplay in the premium content. So say if you have 100% completion of this game, when you buy the premium content you still are at 100%. With that in mind could there be something we get in the premium content that we can earn via gameplay? Maybe some of those mysteriously absent legendary and artifact items, or some new skills to obtain? I want to buy this premium content myself and support you, but I don’t see myself spending a lot of time with it.

Flag Post

I would like the ability to reset our characters levels to 1, like we could do in the beta. Maybe make an item that does it for one character that’s free, or dirt cheap (so we could do it to many characters at once). That would be nice if we got sick of playing characters in the 80s but we wanted to keep all our items.

Flag Post

@allenhill2002
You already can… go in the options….

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kharrne:

@allenhill2002
You already can… go in the options….

I’ll be damned, he put it back in. I thought Garin said he wouldn’t. I didn’t notice it because it is in a different place now. IIRC it used to be on the party camp screen.

Flag Post

I bought the premium content. The original “Monster’s Den” gave me 4 years of enjoyment. And I think it gave me my first “Impossible” badge. So I suppose I did it out of loyalty to Garin more than anything else. Even so, it’s kind of fun to around with 4 mages or 4 clerics, just to see how it goes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FatCatAttack:

Extreme has been killed by the gamekill style strategies such as the retaliation builds, and it can be hard to find a way to make your character the best you want it to be but also keep the game fun. So I can see the people who’s spacebar is now broken from that rock sitting on it need a new challenge.

Also, I’ve looked over the premium content from both this forum and your website and I noticed there technically is no more gameplay in the premium content. So say if you have 100% completion of this game, when you buy the premium content you still are at 100%. With that in mind could there be something we get in the premium content that we can earn via gameplay? Maybe some of those mysteriously absent legendary and artifact items, or some new skills to obtain? I want to buy this premium content myself and support you, but I don’t see myself spending a lot of time with it.

Legendary and artifact items are in the game already. Legendary items are Spark of Legend, and any item enchanted with it. The artifact item is Received Wisdom…

Unless you meant equipment that’s even more powerful than the epic stuff?

Flag Post

So, the sparks of legend are for one game only? I started a second game at work and they’re not in my inventory. What’s up with that?

Flag Post

how many kreds it cost?

Flag Post

50 kreds.

Flag Post

The Sparks are added at purchase time, if you are starting a new game on a different machine the game won’t know to add them unless you go into the options menu and choose to reset your saved data. (This only clears the data on the current machine)

Flag Post

It was worth it for the sparks of legend alone. Those things are so rare. I was playing a hacked version of this game on andkon (I didn’t know it wasn’t the real version) and I found one(spark of legend) in the three weeks I was playing before my save erased. I eventually found out you can export save on this site and buy premium content. Since I’ve been playing on this site I’ve beat act 1 & 2 on veteran and still haven’t found a legendary spark at random. So yeah, a dollar per spark is well worth it if you’re an avid player of the game but don’t wanna beat it 40 times to aquire a few of these things lol.