[Immortal Empire]Vote for next major feature!

39 posts

Flag Post

Welcome everyone :)

Over the last month I have implemented a number of features at user request. Everything from WASD camera, to spell power, to bug fixes. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions and contributed to the development of Immortal Empire!

I know there are some things everyone wants (multi-select, auction house, more immortals etc) but, let’s keep this discussion to these three options. They are major features, so they may take a while to implement, but will certainly be worth the trouble!

They are all in the planning stages so please understand details may change as necessary. I plan to do all three, so your vote will be determining priority :)

1. Gauntlet mode

Gauntlet mode will be a small map that will require no walking. You must group into a team of 4, each bringing 1 immortal from their party. Face increasingly difficult groups of enemies. Anyone who dies (or quits) is out and cannot rejoin. Enemies will be partially pre-defined and partially randomized, to provide a different experience every time you play through the gauntlet.

Creatures killed in gauntlet mode have a chance to drop a new item type, the special “Charm” item slot. Only in gauntlet mode can you find these items. (They will not appear in the store or storyline gameplay).

Modes will be divided into levels 1-25, 25-50, 50-75, 75-100, and 100-125. Charm levels will be Monster Level level / 2, and not exceed 50. The end of a 25th level will give a guaranteed charm drop, with a guaranteed level 50 divine (or mythical) charm at level 125 for all players.

2. Content for the remainder of the storyline

Original content for levels 50-100, doubling the storyline portion of the current game. Will increase overall level to 110, and per-immortal level to level 100, including two new passive skill slots and 2 more layers to existing active skills.

Will conclude the storyline, introduce new creatures, realms, and different AI types. Finally figure out what the “Romance” stat is for, visit the Shimchaw jungle, and surely experience more quests featuring McGarnickle the chicken hat! ;)

3. Arena mode for PvP

A new mode of 4v4 PvP. You control only one immortal, who starts at level 1. All 8 players must choose a different immortal, with 10 ‘skill points’ to allocate at the start of the match.

36 total characters will be available with 4 skills each, 3 regular and 1 ultimate. Regular abilities cost 1 skill point, Ultimates cost 2. Will feature 48 totally new abilities including 12 new ultimates.

Arena mode will not have the balance problems caused by parties of 5 against solo chars, or level 50s fighting level 30s, because everyone will be on the same level.

Battle it out in an objective-based game mode, earning ‘runes’, a new special item slot, only available by playing PvP, that will passively improve your Arena character, and can be shared to buff your storyline character.

That’s it!

Drop your vote below by giving your preferred order like so:

Gauntlet, Content, or Arena

1. <Your #1 pick>
2. <Your #2 pick>
3. <Your #3 pick>

Thanks as always for your feedback. Your own suggestions and ideas of course are always welcome in the suggestions thread, again please keep this thread about these three options.

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet mode
3. Arena mode for PvP

Flag Post

in that order

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet Mode
2. Storyline
3. Arena mode

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet – YES YES YES
2. Arena – Always something to do
3. Content – I love the story line and fights but take your time I want the great story to continue, not a rush to release :)

I think the gauntlet and arena give something for ppl to do other than the story line – and something to work towards especially for those who are 50 + already !

Excited !

Flag Post

I like gauntlet mode when it will start and from what location? also interersting how much times per day can join this mode

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet
2. Arena
3. Content

Flag Post

2. storyline
1. gauntlet
3. arena

I’m sure we’d all really appreciate if we could see how long our ‘spells’, ‘buffs’ and ‘de-buffs’ last; irrespective of which patch is chosen :)

Also how long a spell’s cooldown is before we cast it.

And for some spells u can’t actually see how long the cooldown is after you’ve cast it because the background and timer are the same colour :S (Valk has at least 2 spells where this is a problem)

Flag Post

3. Question is what would you grind for if not for pvp. I wouldn’t separate pvp from the rest. Cause you will have two separate games. Something like LoL where there is no grind and the rest where grind does not serve any purpose. To tackle solo vs team issue you can introduce few pvp modes like normal and solo vs solo, and prehaps the one you suggest and prehaps some other.

Flag Post

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet mode
3. Arena mode for PvP

Flag Post

i would go with 1,2,3

Flag Post
  1. Content for the remainder of the Storyline
    Having an unfinished storyline isn’t a good thing to have when you have already released half of the original storyline. This is the Main mode of the game, everything else is extra and as such it should be treated that way. Due to the amount of settings, characters, and plot points it will add more variety in the form of difficult situations and bosses. It will provide more of what is already here and answer questions regarding romance points and cliffhangers in the storyline. It will add more challenge for soloers which there seems to be more of. Not to mention that with the passive skills and upgrades to existing skills will further promote co-op so it could beat the gaunlet mode in that aspect. The inclusions of this update will also enhance the other 2 big updates especially gaunlet mode.The other two just seem like addons that should be applied to an already solid and fun experience. The last point of doing this one first is the technical aspect. This update will contain so much stuff it’s easy to assume that this could cause the most problems of the 3 so doing this one first would mean more time for people to point out and help iron out any problems with the story mode missions and possible balance issues the new skills while you are implementing one of the other two options
  2. Arena mode for PvP
    Yet another thing that is yet to be finished PvP mode. It’s not so much that the game needs this to be finished as much as the storyline does but it is underdeveloped and the introduction of a new mode of PvP could make it thrive and make it seen as a proper inclusion as opposed to as something that could’ve been. Resolving the balance issues involving 5v1 PvP or level differences is big thing for experienced players since PvP is growing. As far as the technical aspect goes things could still break as far these 36 characters go and still the great possibility of Arena mode still being broken and through the implementation of Gaunlet mode could bugs be discovered and fixed.
  3. Gauntlet mode
    It’s not like I disapprove of Gauntlet mode that I put it last, it’s that this is the biggest leech (for lack of a better term) because if i’m not misunderstood it would seem the Gauntlet would utilize enemies that could be seen in the storyline or the characters in Arena mode, which is how modes like this usually work. Which would mean those things would have to be implemented in the first place in order to have a Gauntlet mode appearance. There would be more to use and see in Gaunlet mode and would definitely provide a challenge for experienced players if done correctly (which is why I think everyone is voting for Gauntlet mode first.) Because of the probability of reusing old material in Gauntlet mode and fixing the other two modes there really shouldn’t be to many issues involved with bug fixes and such. Also if this is done first, then in order to include everything that you may want in this mode which could things that are not yet implemented yet, you’d have to update the Gaunlet, further delaying the release of something else. Well that’s really everthing I have to say about the 3 options (though i’m sure i’ll think of something else later) and that i’m okay with whatever order you decide to release them in but above is my preferred order.

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet mode
2. Arena mode for PvP
3. Content for the remainder of the storyline

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet Mode
2. Arena mode for PvP

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet Mode
2. Arena mode for PvP

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet Mode
2. Arena mode for PvP

Flag Post

1. Gauntlet
2. Storyline
3. PVP

Flag Post

and far behind: 3

Flag Post

1 Content for the remainder of the Storyline
Having an unfinished storyline isn’t a good thing to have when you have already released half of the original storyline. This is the Main mode of the game, everything else is extra and as such it should be treated that way. Due to the amount of settings, characters, and plot points it will add more variety in the form of difficult situations and bosses. It will provide more of what is already here and answer questions regarding romance points and cliffhangers in the storyline. It will add more challenge for soloers which there seems to be more of. Not to mention that with the passive skills and upgrades to existing skills will further promote co-op so it could beat the gaunlet mode in that aspect. The inclusions of this update will also enhance the other 2 big updates especially gaunlet mode.The other two just seem like addons that should be applied to an already solid and fun experience. The last point of doing this one first is the technical aspect. This update will contain so much stuff it’s easy to assume that this could cause the most problems of the 3 so doing this one first would mean more time for people to point out and help iron out any problems with the story mode missions and possible balance issues the new skills while you are implementing one of the other two options
Arena mode for PvP
Yet another thing that is yet to be finished PvP mode. It’s not so much that the game needs this to be finished as much as the storyline does but it is underdeveloped and the introduction of a new mode of PvP could make it thrive and make it seen as a proper inclusion as opposed to as something that could’ve been. Resolving the balance issues involving 5v1 PvP or level differences is big thing for experienced players since PvP is growing. As far as the technical aspect goes things could still break as far these 36 characters go and still the great possibility of Arena mode still being broken and through the implementation of Gaunlet mode could bugs be discovered and fixed.
Gauntlet mode
It’s not like I disapprove of Gauntlet mode that I put it last, it’s that this is the biggest leech (for lack of a better term) because if i’m not misunderstood it would seem the Gauntlet would utilize enemies that could be seen in the storyline or the characters in Arena mode, which is how modes like this usually work. Which would mean those things would have to be implemented in the first place in order to have a Gauntlet mode appearance. There would be more to use and see in Gaunlet mode and would definitely provide a challenge for experienced players if done correctly (which is why I think everyone is voting for Gauntlet mode first.) Because of the probability of reusing old material in Gauntlet mode and fixing the other two modes there really shouldn’t be to many issues involved with bug fixes and such. Also if this is done first, then in order to include everything that you may want in this mode which could things that are not yet implemented yet, you’d have to update the Gaunlet, further delaying the release of something else. Well that’s really everthing I have to say about the 3 options (though i’m sure i’ll think of something else later) and that i’m okay with whatever order you decide to release them in but above is my preferred order.

Flag Post

1. Storyline
2. Gauntlet
3. PVP

+ the thing regarding the duration of spells already mentioned by Tzoshirzup. That would help alot to get the right timing for when to use a spell. You figure it out after a while, but exact durations would help!

Flag Post

1.Storyline
2.Gauntlet
3.PVP

m4nkku makes an excellent point on considering gauntlet as a later option; I’d also like to add gauntlet would be great for grinding, but it’s hard to gauge how much one might need to grind without considering the experience one will automatically get from finishing the storyline.

Flag Post

Wow m4nkku, way to completely copy my post.

Flag Post

1. Content for the remainder of the storyline
2. Gauntlet Mode
3. Arena mode for PvP

Flag Post

m4nkku why u copy his post >.>
Anyway
1. I think Gauntlet mode first maybe make a test version of it that will take less time to make with no charms or only a few levels.
2. Storyline, definately. Needs more quests. Also maybe an update with this could be to add another 20 levels to cap, so level 80, because quests would give pointless exp rewards after a while.
3. Arena PVP, I like the idea but I think the others are better.

StarlandAI

Characters:

StarlandAI
Saranthia
Totoah
Zamorak
WhyYouNo