[Monsters' Den Chronicles] Sprites not loading...

6 posts

Flag Post

Hey people, I just went through several days of trying to get this image edited right for use and after some help from 1234qwerty1234 (thanks again, these will help the wiki I promise) I got these two images ready to be used as sprites in the game. As you can see from the images being embedded they are not misspelled in the image location, and they are both PNG files.

Now the problem is I can’t seem to use them as sprites for the game, for whatever reason. At first I thought it was because I already had a custom sprite for the character, but after going through all the other classes without custom sprites already it was not that. The game is a bit vague on custom sprite requirements, so I was wondering what is wrong, if there is anything wrong in the first place.

Flag Post

I’ve had the same problems when I first inputted some sprites, at first I thought it was the file extension since what I did was saved the file into jpg and then converted it back into png without touching the original file. That didn’t work so then I used another computer and the image loaded correctly, not sure if it was because I did that switch or not, but whatever the case I believe there’s some luck to it. Hope it helps.

Also I used SkyDrive instead of some photobucket or similar websites, maybe that can clear up the issue as well. Just Google SkyDrive and have a @live email and its easy to upload pictures from your computer and save them there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sai0:

I’ve had the same problems when I first inputted some sprites, at first I thought it was the file extension since what I did was saved the file into jpg and then converted it back into png without touching the original file. That didn’t work so then I used another computer and the image loaded correctly, not sure if it was because I did that switch or not, but whatever the case I believe there’s some luck to it. Hope it helps.

Also I used SkyDrive instead of some photobucket or similar websites, maybe that can clear up the issue as well. Just Google SkyDrive and have a @live email and its easy to upload pictures from your computer and save them there.

Yeah, this seems rather random. I am actually loading the pictures from the MD Chronicles wiki where they have been uploaded, a rather convenient alternative to most image uploading sites. I also have a Dropbox account where I upload my images and other stuff, it’s pretty convenient. I don’t have another computer on me right now but I’ll see if it’ll work with a different crapcom 8999.

Flag Post

One thing to be careful of is to make sure you’re using a direct link to the image, not some kind of shortened url that image hosts sometimes provide.

Flag Post

I just checked, it is not that. The images are direct as direct can be. My dropbox is giving a shortened link but not wikia, and this image can actually be seen in most search engines.

Flag Post

I think I figured out the problem. Is there a character limit for the image? Mine is just over 100 characters long and might be breaching it. It would explain why an image from the same host worked too.